THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Kaesviharn

Sez.EJ

Was just released by the Saints.. He is 33 yr old safety. I have seen some good football from this guy. Does he fit the bill for a mangini pickup? He seems like the 2 year deal, solid veteran kind of guy.. I know this guy has had the injury bug..but he may be the kind of veteran presence a young secondary needs.. and we still draft a safety somewhere in this draft....any thoughts on this guy. I did not see much of the saints last year...

those numbers are deceiving. kaesviharn is terry cousin bad in coverage and wouldn't make the roster of a decent NFL team; there's no reason to have him on ours. i'd rather have a UDFA rook who we don't have to pay as much and who's unproven, thus with the chance of having an upside.

Was just released by the Saints.. He is 33 yr old safety. I have seen some good football from this guy. Does he fit the bill for a mangini pickup? He seems like the 2 year deal, solid veteran kind of guy.. I know this guy has had the injury bug..but he may be the kind of veteran presence a young secondary needs.. and we still draft a safety somewhere in this draft....any thoughts on this guy. I did not see much of the saints last year...

Let's see, he's white and catholic so he's got Sam Rutigliano's support.

Let's see, he's white and catholic so he's got Sam Rutigliano's support.

This isn't a DA post. Did you click the wrong thread?

I'd say no to Kaesviharn. I watched him quite a bit since I'm in Bengal country down here. He played hard, seemed like a good guy...but never really produced. As mentioned above, his coverage skills are terrible. He is very slow too. He was also inconsistent...seems like he'd have a decent year and Bengals fans thought he'd break out the next...then another decent year followed by a weak one. Never above average.

This isn't a DA post. Did you click the wrong thread?

I'd say no to Kaesviharn. I watched him quite a bit since I'm in Bengal country down here. He played hard, seemed like a good guy...but never really produced. As mentioned above, his coverage skills are terrible. He is very slow too. He was also inconsistent...seems like he'd have a decent year and Bengals fans thought he'd break out the next...then another decent year followed by a weak one. Never above average.

I think I'd rather see them pickup Lawyer Milloy, Will Demps or Terrence Holt

Archived