THE BROWNS BOARD

If the Browns win today

SuperSteelers

No, i don't think there is any way the Browns can pick up 4 games on the Steelers. I mean if you want to get stupid......yeah if the Browns win the rest of their games then i believe they will win the division. At this point a wild card spot is a looooooooooong shot.

This is a "duh huh" statement but the Browns have to win games in order to have a chance at anything. The Browns aren't winning.

do you believe they will be in striking range of the Steelers, or do you think it's hopeless at this point? Yes, I am serious, not being a jackass.

Before the season started, I thought 8-8 might be good enough to win the division. The Steelers are playing far better than I expected, so I'll up that to 9-7.

Best case scenario, that means the Browns have to go no worse than 6-3 the rest of the way out. With erratic Anderson at the controls, I don't see that happening.

Ben is one tough dude, but he's taking a pounding- if he gets hurt, all bets are off.

BTW, we'll trade you Pontbriand (our long snapper) for your first round pick next year. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I guess as long as it isn't impossible to get out of the hole, you are always in striking distance.

At this point, you are in good position and I like your odds better, but a few wins here and a few losses there change things.

This is a big month for both teams.

No, i don't think there is any way the Browns can pick up 4 games on the Steelers. I mean if you want to get stupid......yeah if the Browns win the rest of their games then i believe they will win the division. At this point a wild card spot is a looooooooooong shot.

This is a "duh huh" statement but the Browns have to win games in order to have a chance at anything. The Browns aren't winning.

I love this kind of stupidity. How in the heck do you get 4 games?

We are 2 games behind the Steelers. Basically all it takes to catch them is to win 1 more game than them between now and week 16...and then beat them in week 17. Then we are tied in record AND in head to head. Also, if one of the Steelers losses is to either Cinci and/or Baltimore, then we will have identical 4-2 records in the division. It would then fall to COMMON games...with you already losing to the Giants (whom we beat) we currently have the edge there. With those two losses, it also evens up the CONFERENCE records. As for STRENGTH of victory...guess what, we currently have THAT advantage as well.

Just sayin!!!

Thanks for explaining it to the kid. I read it and just shrugged my shoulders.

One thing I do not like about this board....you can't reply ro someone without quoting their post.

This was to WPB

The Steelers play:

Redskins W

Colts L

Chargers W

Bengals W

Pats L

Cowboys L

Ravens W

Titans L

Browns

Browns play:

Ravens W

Broncos L

Bills W

Texans W

Colts L

Titans L

Eagles W

Bengals W

Pitt

Those results have the Browns 8-7 and the Steelers 9-6 going into week 17 matchup. We probably need to beat them straight up, so we would need to be tied going into week 17. I think a win over Den, Ind, or Ten gets us there.. But I cold also see Pitt losing to either SD, Wash, or Balt.

A healthy Steelers team with a suddenly adequate o-line does much better than that record. But Big Ben can only perform so well when getting knocked down 15 times a game, and their o-line doesnt show much promise for keeping any of their RBs healthy.

Trouble is, they are FAR from healthy...this little blurb is from Clayton on ESPN

3. Steelers in world of hurt

Injuries catch up to every team, and that's the story of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Heading into Week 8, they were down two running backs (Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall). Wide receiver Santonio Holmes was deactivated for being caught with marijuana in his car. Bryant McFadden, finally evolving as a top-flight cornerback, is out five weeks with a surgically repaired forearm.

Coach Mike Tomlin's group is relentless, but it all fell apart on Sunday when long-snapper Greg Warren blew out an ACL in the second half, forcing linebacker James Harrison to fill in. Harrison was long on a snap that sailed over the head of punter Mitch Berger (who was punting despite a leg injury) and through the end zone. The safety tied the game and put the Giants in position to drive for the game-winning touchdown in a 21-14 victory.

To his credit, Tomlin didn't make any excuses, but the Steelers are playing one of the toughest schedules in 25 years, with more backups creeping into the lineup each week. Safety Ryan Clark dislocated a shoulder, according to Tomlin, and cornerback Ike Taylor was banged up. So let's see: Clark's injury leaves the Steelers vulnerable in the secondary. They can't get Parker healthy. Their upcoming schedule includes Washington, Indianapolis and San Diego. The Steelers can't catch a break, unless it's a broken bone.

They are in trouble if their backups can't step in and play BIG!

A healthy Steelers team with a suddenly adequate o-line does much better than that record. But Big Ben can only perform so well when getting knocked down 15 times a game, and their o-line doesnt show much promise for keeping any of their RBs healthy.

Trouble is, they are FAR from healthy...this little blurb is from Clayton on ESPN

Injuries catch up to every team, and that's the story of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Heading into Week 8, they were down two running backs (Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall). Wide receiver Santonio Holmes was deactivated for being caught with marijuana in his car. Bryant McFadden, finally evolving as a top-flight cornerback, is out five weeks with a surgically repaired forearm.

Coach Mike Tomlin's group is relentless, but it all fell apart on Sunday when long-snapper Greg Warren blew out an ACL in the second half, forcing linebacker James Harrison to fill in. Harrison was long on a snap that sailed over the head of punter Mitch Berger (who was punting despite a leg injury) and through the end zone. The safety tied the game and put the Giants in position to drive for the game-winning touchdown in a 21-14 victory.

To his credit, Tomlin didn't make any excuses, but the Steelers are playing one of the toughest schedules in 25 years, with more backups creeping into the lineup each week. Safety Ryan Clark dislocated a shoulder, according to Tomlin, and cornerback Ike Taylor was banged up. So let's see: Clark's injury leaves the Steelers vulnerable in the secondary. They can't get Parker healthy. Their upcoming schedule includes Washington, Indianapolis and San Diego. The Steelers can't catch a break, unless it's a broken bone.

Didn't realize their long snapper is done for the season- I don't wish that on any team. Punter looked like a pulled leg muscle too.

I took a look at the Sunday ticket shortcut of that game, and I'll say this to the Steeler Nation: It's unrealistic to expect Ben to absorb that kind of pounding week in and week out and not have some serious downtime due to injury at some point this season.

Clark is going to be fine and that is huge news. His shoulder is not serious and they expect him to play next week in Washington. Holmes as well should be back in for the game in Washington game and at the very worst should get a 1 game suspension just like Kevin Faulk did for his marijuana use if the league is going to be consistent about these kinds of things.

We are 2 games behind the Steelers. Basically all it takes to catch them is to win 1 more game than them between now and week 16...and then beat them in week 17. Then we are tied in record AND in head to head. Also, if one of the Steelers losses is to either Cinci and/or Baltimore, then we will have identical 4-2 records in the division. It would then fall to COMMON games...with you already losing to the Giants (whom we beat) we currently have the edge there. With those two losses, it also evens up the CONFERENCE records. As for STRENGTH of victory...guess what, we currently have THAT advantage as well.

Just sayin!!!

Well maybe if you would look at the time stamp you would see that my post was made before the 4 o'clock games. Thus the Browns were 3 1/2 games out. Instead of going into "ifs and buts" like you did i figured it easier to just say they need to make up 4 games.

Just sayin!!!

Well maybe if you would look at the time stamp you would see that my post was made before the 4 o'clock games. Thus the Browns were 3 1/2 games out. Instead of going into "ifs and buts" like you did i figured it easier to just say they need to make up 4 games.

No idiot 2 1/2 games back with a tiebreaker is NOT 3 1/2 games. Just keep up your wishful thinking.

We are 2 games back with a head to head. We win that and we need to make up 1 more game....that is 2 games pal....no matter HOW you calculate it.

Wpb, again i made my original post BEFORE the Browns or Steelers had played. I could be wrong but the Steelers were 5-1 at that time and the Browns were 2-4. Thus the Browns were 3 games back with the Tiebreaker going to the Steelers........so 3 1/2.

Wpb, again i made my original post BEFORE the Browns or Steelers had played. I could be wrong but the Steelers were 5-1 at that time and the Browns were 2-4. Thus the Browns were 3 games back with the Tiebreaker going to the Steelers........so 3 1/2.

Keep trying. The fact is we are 2 games back....and need to make up just one game more than you before beating you in week 17 to make it a dead heat. So, count your little 1/2 game if you want...it isn't real...and it won't exist by the time the season is over.

Keep trying. The fact is we are 2 games back....and need to make up just one game more than you before beating you in week 17 to make it a dead heat. So, count your little 1/2 game if you want...it isn't real...and it won't exist by the time the season is over.

It still does exist though and it is a factor no matter how you look at it. However, the thing is there is still along way to go before that happens and the Browns are tied or near the Steelers. As I stated before you guys are still behind the Ravens in the standings and need to beat them this week before you can worry about the Steelers. A Browns loss this week puts them at 1-3 in the division and the worst the Steelers can do in this division is 3-3 and thats the next tiebraker. And since the Steelers arent going to lose to the Bengals at home here in November the worst our record would be even if the Browns would beat us the last week and the Ravens beat us in December is 4-2 so you still lose out.

Even if it would come down to that last week of the season should the Browns be one game behind or tied or whatever I love the Steelers chances at home in late December with the Browns having to come in here and win a game. It wont come down to that though when all is said and done.

Dude, i am on YOUR side. Geez. I get that things have changed since my first post in this thread. Just trying to clarify myself since you decided to attack me. My god man.... get laid.

Just did...and sorry if you are on our side, but your comment reflects what stooler fans have been dribbling all over this board for the past 5 weeks since they won in Cleveland.

If we didn't face them again...I would agree with the 1/2 game thing...but as we DO face them again it is not worth mentioning as it is easily wiped away.

Anyway, it won't matter. They have some tough games over the next few weeks...while we should have a manageable schedule...if DA can just manage the games we could be in the conversation at the end.

Even if it would come down to that last week of the season should the Browns be one game behind or tied or whatever I love the Steelers chances at home in late December with the Browns having to come in here and win a game. It wont come down to that though when all is said and done.

Just remember what I said...you will be coming off of a tough game with Tennessee...and we will be coming off of a game with Cinci Kitties.

Dude, i am on YOUR side. Geez. I get that things have changed since my first post in this thread. Just trying to clarify myself since you decided to attack me. My god man.... get laid.

Just did...and sorry if you are on our side, but your comment reflects what stooler fans have been dribbling all over this board for the past 5 weeks since they won in Cleveland.

If we didn't face them again...I would agree with the 1/2 game thing...but as we DO face them again it is not worth mentioning as it is easily wiped away.

Anyway, it won't matter. They have some tough games over the next few weeks...while we should have a manageable schedule...if DA can just manage the games we could be in the conversation at the end.

Just remember what I said...you will be coming off of a tough game with Tennessee...and we will be coming off of a game with Cinci Kitties.

Dont forget you guys have two tough road games in Tennessee and Philly as well which you both could lose as well before the Bengals game. The Colts,Chargers,and Bengals are all managable wins here at home for the Steelers just as much as the Browns games with the Ravens,Broncos,Colts,and Texans are. Dont forget you gotta play on Monday night in Buffalo on November 17th the day after the Steelers play the Chargers here at home who never play well on the East coast and stink on the road this year, then 4 days later we get the Bungles on a Thursday night. So its very possible the Steelers can win 2 games in 5 days there at home while the Browns lose in Buffalo on Monday night where it's very very tough to win.

Dont forget you guys have two tough road games in Tennessee and Philly as well which you both could lose as well before the Bengals game. The Colts,Chargers,and Bengals are all managable wins here at home for the Steelers just as much as the Browns games with the Ravens,Broncos,Colts,and Texans are. Dont forget you gotta play on Monday night in Buffalo on November 17th the day after the Steelers play the Chargers here at home who never play well on the East coast and stink on the road this year, then 4 days later we get the Bungles on a Thursday night. So its very possible the Steelers can win 2 games in 5 days there at home while the Browns lose in Buffalo on Monday night where it's very very tough to win.

No problem WPB......i just look at things in the here and now. I understand your stance and agree with what you have said. However, to me, we are 2 1/2 games out right now.

Like I said the last time I checked the Browns are in 3rd place a game behind the Ravens who they already lost too. Take care of business against Baltimore in Cleveland on Sunday first and jump ahead of them before you start thinking you got a legit chance to catch the Steelers. The Ravens game will be a very tough game for the Browns to win whether it's in Cleveland or not. This is a big rivalry and the Ravens know how equally important it is for them to win this game just as much as the Browns do. Expect a close game either way.

Pothead10Dirtyplayer86, weren't you the one who was saying the Browns were about to go on a 5 or 6 game losing streak? Right before they won 2 out of 3?

Yes I did and I will give the Browns a lot of credit for beating the Giants and Jags in that 3 game stretch. I didnt think they could do it based on how they were playing before that stretch but they found a way to get it done. As a result, the Browns are still in this division race and have given themselves a chance to get back into this race. That's all they have done though at the moment and still have a lot of work to do before they catch the Steelers in this division. One loss by the Steelers yesterday is not going to destroy this Steelers team and their chances of winning the AFC North. They are still in complete and total control of this division as we sit here today going into the first week in November.

Archived