THE BROWNS BOARD

Pass rush

LondonBrown

Fitzpatrick is the best non-franchise QB in the league (and he is better now than a few franchise QBs). I would have probably taken him over McCown.

Not activating those guys strikes me as pretty Retard. As was getting rid of Billy Winn.

half the league makes Fitz look like Brady. he's better than a lot of guys...Grossman, Sanchez, Red Rifle, Cutler, even neck beard.

If believing this makes you feel better go for it. Forget about the total lack of pressure Fitz was under and if personal or coaching was a factor ? The trading/waiving of DL depth ?No, it was just the hidden excellence of the NFLs greatest non franchise career journeyman QB......yeah, thats the ticket

If believing this makes you feel better go for it. Forget about the total lack of pressure Fitz was under and if personal or coaching was a factor. No, it was just the hidden excellence of the NFLs greatest non franchise career journeyman QB......yeah, thats the ticket

Go back to grade school and learn how to write the English language coherently.

agreed War. i'm still butt hurt about losing Winn if i'm being honest. he was a steal, acceptably productive, and cheap. he got the D off the field consistently in preseason game 4. like a starter playing against backups, which is kinda what i saw him as that day.

let's talk Mingo. it's like his charisma in interviews gives him a pass or something. in reality, he hasn't really shown shit for 6th(was it?) overall in the draft. but he did have a nice pass deflection that coulda been a TD yesterday.

Orchard is injured(back).....Cooper?, I dont know why.......Winn?....cmon, who on the DL should we have cut instead?......

Why did we have to cut a DL? In college football championships are won with DL depth. I'm still learning the pro game intricacies. I wanted Housler or Bibbs cut.

Why did we have to cut a DL? In college football championships are won with DL depth. I'm still learning the pro game intricacies. I wanted Housler or Bibbs cut.

I woulda cut a TE too.....but not to keep DL.....woulda gone for RB and/or OL depth......

Guess I just dont see how our 7th or 8th D Lineman(who woulda been inactive anyway) has anything to do with yesterdays game....

Cooper wasnt even active and he's well ahead of Winn.....

Mingo played about 20% of the snaps yesterday. I'll have to watch the tape (or defer to someone more knowledgeable) but from the snap counts, it looks like we ran a lot of four man fronts, with Dansby and Kirksey/Robertson as the only backers, and 5 DBs.

Mingo played about 20% of the snaps yesterday. I'll have to watch the tape (or defer to someone more knowledgeable) but from the snap counts, it looks like we ran a lot of four man fronts, with Dansby and Kirsey/Robertson as the only backers, and 5 DBs.

well that's a pretty darn expensive coverage linebacker. he's my Old Man's go-to to pick on...and he's getting really hard to defend.

The worst thing about the pass rush was that even when we

blitzed we couldn't get there. The defense was supposed to be this

team's strength but it looks like the same old same old-- can't stop

the run and no pass rush.Did anyone doubt the Jets would take it

down the field and score at the end of the first half? This team has the

worst defense in the NFL in the last 2 minutes of each half.

Did Mingo blitz even one time yesterday?

He dropped in coverage and tipped that touchdown pass (which was nice) but what is the deal with that? The guy should be fast enough to get around the edge once or twice a game....

Did the Browns even blitz?....for someone who LOVES blitz packages, it just didnt happen very often at all....

And, when they blitz, it aint ever Mingo.....he's pretty much been assigned to cover backer....

Mingo played about 20% of the snaps yesterday. I'll have to watch the tape (or defer to someone more knowledgeable) but from the snap counts, it looks like we ran a lot of four man fronts, with Dansby and Kirsey/Robertson as the only backers, and 5 DBs.

13 snaps to be exact.....(and 7 were run plays)......

Frankly if this was my team, I'd be running a 4-3 with both Bryants as the starting DE's. Kruger could give those guys a breather, maybe if the put 15 lbs back on Kruger he could maybe rip under a tackle or two....but I just don't see that guy becoming anything for us anymore. Krugers pass rush moves haven't been refined "one iota" since he got here. I'm over him. At least his first year he had a good bull, but he doesn't have that anymore so his other moves aren't effective at all.

Did the Browns even blitz?....for someone who LOVES blitz packages, it just didnt happen very often at all....

Exactly the impression I had...

One of the things I was pleased with from our pre-season dress rehearsal were the blitz lanes our schemes were opening up. After years of seeing us blitz into bodies while opponents created openings and free runs at our QBs, I thought we had finally figured it out. Turns out we may have figured out we need to play the Bucs... seemed to work for the Titans yesterday.

Go back to grade school and learn how to write the English language coherently.

It wasn't that hard to find the football content. Try it... can the personal insults...

Who calls the plays? Excuse my ignorance down here in Tampa. I've been a Browns fan so long it hurts. I've lived down here 15 years and only watch the Bucs if no other game is on.

The reason I ask questions is because you guys seem to know what's going on. The Browns website really doesn't provide anything but spin.

This is why I hated the Haden contract and the Gilbert draft. There are zero DBs in this league that can cover #1 & #2 WRs all day when there is no pressure on the QB. Shelton, although I liked the pick, doesn't seem to be that guy either. No pressure Fitzpatrick looks like Montana

Exactly the impression I had...

One of the things I was pleased with from our pre-season dress rehearsal were the blitz lanes our schemes were opening up. After years of seeing us blitz into bodies while opponents created openings and free runs at our QBs, I thought we had finally figured it out. Turns out we may have figured out we need to play the Bucs... seemed to work for the Titans yesterday.

It wasn't that hard to find the football content. Try it... can the personal insults...

Don't know what you're talking about. But I was only responding to a personal insult.

Archived