THE BROWNS BOARD

Time and effort

The Gipper

I am going to start to put as much time and effort into commenting on this board as the Browns apparently do planning for their games.

Which means you won't see me much on here for a while. I have some vacations coming up....so I think I will concentrate on those....and trying to get some work done.

The way our offensive system looks this year, let alone single day game plan, I don't expect to see too much from the old Gip around here any more. If he's going to match time and effort of our basic high school offensive system/game plan, then a post a week should about do it.

See ya 'round Gip, we'll never forget ..............

I am going to start to put as much time and effort into commenting on this board as the Browns apparently do planning for their games.

Which means you won't see me much on here for a while. I have some vacations coming up....so I think I will concentrate on those....and trying to get some work done.

Bud I understand.

I had to take a season of 2 years back and get the depression out of my system. Spent the days building Android roms and playing Payday 2 online.

Sometimes we just hit that point we can't take anymore because we've been making the same mistakes for 15 seasons and its like watching your idiot son constantly putting their car in reverse and backing into your front room every time they get in the car.

I definitely am with you if they keep looking as bad as Sunday that's for sure. I realized I was planning way too many potential events around seeing this team consistently looking awful and bringing my mood down on the weekend.

I will be a Browns fan till the day I die and love watching football but there's no point in keepin on that way until they turn the corner. I'm sitting at 25 years old and I've literally seen 2 years of football that were worth a crap.

Let me know if you're going to be in the CT / NE area, Gip.

Look Gipper. This is all about a team not playing with execution, passion or 95% effort. Example: Josh showed something we have not seen from a player in years. A passion to win. You and all of us have that same passion on this team site. We all hope you get that passion back and holler from the hills till this gets right. Good Luck Gip till a hopeful return & enjoy that VA K.. Go Browns!! (Don't listen to the noise but join us to make some anytime)

Look Gipper. This is all about a team not playing with execution, passion or 95% effort. Example: Josh showed something we have not seen from a player in years. A passion to win. You and all of us have that same passion on this team site. We all hope you get that passion back and holler from the hills till this gets right. Good Luck Grip till a hopeful return & enjoy that VA K.. Go Browns!! (Don't listen to the noise but join us to make some anytime)

Oh, I am still here and will be here and there....just frustration. Like I said....I will give the same effort here as the Browns give....which means very little.

I do plan to participate on the big tailgate activities this week.

I will be a Browns fan till the day I die and love watching football but there's no point in keepin on that way until they turn the corner. I'm sitting at 25 years old and I've literally seen 2 years of football that were worth a crap.

I'm 52 and keep letting the Browns kill me slowly. Two of my sons live away from here (Houston, Phoenix) and go to Browns Backer bars- I'm thinking they are just like you, wondering why they keep the faith (they are 28 & 26).

In my fandom (1970-present), the Browns have only had a few "runs of success." Teams like Denver, Pittsburgh, & Dallas have basically been contenders my whole fandom, and it's hard to understand why the Browns can't get out of their own way. When you watch other expansion teams come in and kick your ass, like Carolina and Jacksonville, it's even more of a downer. Yesterday sucked almost as bad as when Marty out-coached the Browns away from a couple Super Bowls.

I'm sticking with it, 45+ years and counting. I'll be down there Sunday, but it looks like the tailgates will be better than the game again.

Bad ownership has been a plague on the Browns for at least35-40 years. Modell had a stretch Where his methods were OK....but the league passed him by and even though there was success in the 80s....that was the time when things were getting out of control for him. Even winning those years didn't help overcome his inability/ineptness. And the Lerner's were a mess....either no clue or little interest. No ability to find proper management.

And Haslam has not started out well. It could turn around for him....but it is not looking good so far.

Part of the reason I've had little to no enthusiasm for this Season for several months now is what I've seen coming with this Team this year.

Also part of the reason I don't dig up as much info and post on here as I used too.

Still a Fan and always will be, but we've still got issues on this Team and their lack of Heart.

Oh, I am still here and will be here and there....just frustration. Like I said....I will give the same effort here as the Browns give....which means very little.

I do plan to participate on the big tailgate activities this week.

Oh my goodness. The leader of the anti-FRAK we're the best fans in the world because we don't fly by night with our fandom has called a timeout. How hypocritical of you. You better buck up camper. The season ain't over and I'm not done whooping that ass. Besides, it's not a good look man. Although as humble as you are you probably don't consider me a worthwhile adversary, I do like our banter. If you go away I'll be sad. Plus, after years of bragging about your fans and how loyal they are, it would seem inappropriate that the most vocal of the bunch tucks tail in frustration. Don't go, please don't go.

Bud I understand.

I had to take a season of 2 years back and get the depression out of my system. Spent the days building Android roms and playing Payday 2 online.

Sometimes we just hit that point we can't take anymore because we've been making the same mistakes for 15 seasons and its like watching your idiot son constantly putting their car in reverse and backing into your front room every time they get in the car.

fucking hilarious!!!

hey, without alcohol and illicit drugs i would have hung myself long ago (really?). being a browns fan is tough. (seeing michael douglas speech from 'the president' rolling through my mind)

even when they lose you always have the fact you can root against the teams you despise. like right now i'm yelling at chip kelly to take it up his ass.....

hopefully pettine will get the rugs swept and the table cleaned off before next sunday's tits game. can't let the rookie come in here and embarrass us.

All you whiners get me. I've been waiting so long for a Texas A&M National championship (never happened since 1939 when my dad was a freshman there), that I finally gave up and bought a 2011 Women's Basketball National Championship T shirt and wear it to racquetball and social functions. Now that's real desperation! :lol:

At least you have a bunch from OSU.

I'm 52 and keep letting the Browns kill me slowly. Two of my sons live away from here (Houston, Phoenix) and go to Browns Backer bars- I'm thinking they are just like you, wondering why they keep the faith (they are 28 & 26).

In my fandom (1970-present), the Browns have only had a few "runs of success." Teams like Denver, Pittsburgh, & Dallas have basically been contenders my whole fandom, and it's hard to understand why the Browns can't get out of their own way. When you watch other expansion teams come in and kick your ass, like Carolina and Jacksonville, it's even more of a downer. Yesterday sucked almost as bad as when Marty out-coached the Browns away from a couple Super Bowls.

I'm sticking with it, 45+ years and counting. I'll be down there Sunday, but it looks like the tailgates will be better than the game again.

Yeah, my dad and I are in a similar position to you and your children. Somehow or another my other brothers got away from rooting for the Browns so it's just and him keeping the faith. As I said though, I'll never stop being a Browns fan and will always be interested in how they are doing, watching as much as I can etc. But as each year goes on it's just something I take less seriously. I enjoy talking football (why I'm here) and all my friends talk to me because I'm the only Browns fan they know haha. But it's just something I'm finally turning the corner of "it is what it is" instead of being pissed off. I honestly can't imagine what it would be like to have this attitude 30 years from now but we'll see.

there's gotta be something in texas that you can root for....

let me think for a sec....

DCC_Tina_Gabaldon.jpg

what horribly unnatural fake tits!! yummmm!!

...and is that a tiny penis creeping out above her shorts button? jeesh...

they sure do make em BIG in Texas though, in all shapes and grosses.

you can do better mik my Goddd.

Safe travels, Gip...

Oh my goodness. The leader of the anti-FRAK we're the best fans in the world because we don't fly by night with our fandom has called a timeout. How hypocritical of you. You better buck up camper. The season ain't over and I'm not done whooping that ass. Besides, it's not a good look man. Although as humble as you are you probably don't consider me a worthwhile adversary, I do like our banter. If you go away I'll be sad. Plus, after years of bragging about your fans and how loyal they are, it would seem inappropriate that the most vocal of the bunch tucks tail in frustration. Don't go, please don't go.

I didn't say I was going.....just that I would put the same effort here that they do at their jobs. The difference is that I do have a job that doing this takes time away from some.

Plus other interests.

Besides....you apparently don't know what a FRAK is.

A FRAK would say......I am frustrated at the Browns for losing......I am going to go be a fan of Team X and root for them.

What I am saying is that I am obviously still a Browns fan......and always will be. Its just a matter of equal effort and preparedness.

I am prepared to pound your silly stupid ass into the ground. You just may not have to eat dirt quite as often.

You should consider yourself lucky.

They didn't. They had some great moments often...

and weaknesses at other times.

It isn't like they botched the entire game from the gitgo.

Just had ? some cleaning up to do on communication.. and

Need Orchard and Cooper in there.

Archived