THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns signed another QB today....

Mudfly

...added Matt Blanchard(Last with GB) to the PS.....

Obviously still turning rocks...

Hope this isnt a sign that they think JM or JM aren't gonna be available.....

Lets hope it is. Johnny was terrible in that game. Yes, i know he led us to a TD drive, but he has way too many turnovers. If he is the starter next week, i would write that off as a loss. Lets hope Austin Davis is ready otherwise, we could be in trouble.

It's the same issue he had when we drafted him. I hate to hate on him, but what you see is what you get from him.

Hey, ball security can be taught. If nothing else, I'm seeing an improved attitude out of JF.

Dont know why...though Id hope he's just that.....a developmental guy(not a need)...

Was Div III....so no way to know how good he is(or can be)......did go 45-0 in college though.....(winning is good, ask Colt)

For all practical purposes developmental QB's That actually develop are as rare as unicorns :)

Hey, ball security can be taught. If nothing else, I'm seeing an improved attitude out of JF.

I'm not to worried about that either in the long run. What I want to see is wr's learning how to come back to a QB on the move. More throws, less vulnerable runs. That too can be taught.

As soon as they signed Davis I predicted that somewhere down the line he's going to be the starter. McCown is injury prone and so is Manziel. Davis has started against some really tough teams so I feel good about him for now.

Dont know why...though Id hope he's just that.....a developmental guy(not a need)...

Was Div III....so no way to know how good he is(or can be)......did go 45-0 in college though.....(winning is good, ask Colt)

He's a Wisconsin Whitewater guy, as a Mount Union alum I know him too well.

The college game is becoming a spread offense predominantly throughout the nation. Is it any wonder why quarterbacks need time to develop in the NFL? My guess is that most won't. I didn't think Mariota would adjust that quickly but he looked great against the Bucs. I know the Bucs have a horrible defense that's why I am anxious to see what the Browns do this week.

I don't think McCown will play, they don't know yet. So Manziel and Davis would practice as 1&2. If I was Pettine I'd let the better of the two start.

And what happened to the offensive line? What about the edge rushers?

Did Nate Orchard play?

The frustration just continues.. Scott Soloman out 4-6 weeks Hope Mingo(thought played OK but even Thinner)or Orchard (back) are ready to go cause in the last 2 days we have added DL (why?) Kelcy Quarles and a QB Blanchard?? WTF? Mean while Pryor at Pats and many FA named WR's flooding Dallas to replace Dez with broken foot but not broken jaw as I hoped. Bowe, Davis and Orch better be Active this week (luv some XCoop active also) but damn there must be a FA out their that is now at league minimum that can play WR and TACKLE at LB? Spend some F'n $ we sure will be filling up your stadium Sunday? you got farmers digits hell I will call him :o..

It'll be interesting to see if Johnny has elbow problems this week......hope he's not too sore to practice....

... and handle first team reps load.

If he can't, and that'd be my guess, then Davis gets some 1st team reps...

If Davis gets some 1st team reps, then he can't take all the 2nd/Scout team reps... and therefore...

... you need another QB.

Good size.. decent speed... fairly agile...

Odds are he resembles one or more upcoming opponent QBs than he does an NFL prospect...

Maybe someone like Mariota?

Archived