THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Christie is a fat disgusting slob

blowe

I understand that people in the military are held to a higher standard in terms of physical fitness, but it is ironic coming from Christie.

Christie had a gastric band surgery a couple years ago and is still grossly overweight - so he doesn't really have room to criticize.

Christie is pretty much done for anyway. He won't win re-election in 2017 in NJ and he won't win the white house.

I understand that people in the military are held to a higher standard in terms of physical fitness, but it is ironic coming from Christie.

Christie had a gastric band surgery a couple years ago and is still grossly overweight - so he doesn't really have room to criticize.

Christie is pretty much done for anyway. He won't win re-election in 2017 in NJ and he won't win the white house.

Of course he's got the right to criticize. He's an elected official. I'm a fat guy myself and I've got bad knees. I think I have the right to bitch if someone from my police or fire department is a fat slob like I am. It isn't my job to do any of the shit they do.

If I'm directing a theater project of Peter Pan I think I'd have the right to tell whoever's in the starring role to lose a few pounds.

Bill Parcells has every right to tell his players to get into shape.

WSS

Pot meet kettle. But Steve has a valid point. The military has height/weight standards as well as physical fitness test standards. This guy is the leader of the NJ National Guard is is grossly overweight, and dodging physical fitness tests. Not like Christie has to take a physical fitness test to be governor.

I dont' think he had much of a choice, the national guard guy was dodging fitness tests so there's probably some rule that the governor of the state has to issue some sort of reprimand and/or ultimatum. I "guarantee" this is not something Christie wanted to do. He knows how the optics of this look. But it is the military so they're held to a different standard than him. Pox on him though if he somehow feels like this isn't hugely ironic.

Good points per usual, Steve. I still don't like Christie and it's not just his physical appearance.

He lost points with me for going against the grain in the last election, I thought I could handle that a lot better. But I saw him recently on a Sunday morning show and I like him alright.

What in particular don't you like?

WSS

He lost points with me for going against the grain in the last election, I thought I could handle that a lot better. But I saw him recently on a Sunday morning show and I like him alright.

What in particular don't you like?

WSS

I don't like that he thinks spying on Americans is OK in order to keep us safe. Also, he is against legal marijuana, which I think could be a great boost to this country's economy. His demeanor does not appeal to me either.

I do think he would be a hardass commander in chief, but that's all the good I can say about Christie.

I don't like that he thinks spying on Americans is OK in order to keep us safe. Also, he is against legal marijuana, which I think could be a great boost to this country's economy. His demeanor does not appeal to me either.

I do think he would be a hardass commander in chief, but that's all the good I can say about Christie.

Fair enough.

WSS

My problems with Christie go back to the last presidential election. At the GOP convention Christie was honored with getting a prime speaking slot which I felt he spent too much time promoting himself and not enough time attacking Obama.

Then about a week before the election he had Obama come to New Jersey for lots of great publicity and hugs after hurricane Sandy. The race was tight at this point with Obama and Romney close in the polling and the love fest with Christie and Obama and all the publicity on national news might have been the difference in the election? Anyway Christie got rewarded by Obama with Bruce Springsteen calling him from Air Force One and Christie got to talk with his rock idol (and democratic activist).

Some of us don't forget and I think that is why he is not doing any better running as a presidential candidate.

Yes I think that could have been handled a lot better. You can hug the President and shake his hand while still making it clear that the two of you have many many differences but there is a time and a place to put those differences aside for the good of the people.

And I realize he was upset about not getting the vice presidential nod but then came out and dissed his party's nominee. That was a bad move.

WSS

There was nothing wrong about how Christie interacted with Obama. It was his most genuine moment, when this over political horseshit of a culture faded to the background cause he had some "real" shit to deal with. Had he stayed "that guy"...it wouldn't even be a race right now. Hell he probably would have beat Obama in 12.

I wonder what the conservative outrage would be if the gov of Lousiana or the mayor of NO told Bush to suck cocks and kick rocks.

First that would be an idiotic thing to say and probably no one with a brain would even think of it. Second I assume the Democratic leadership of New Orleans is actually without brains so... But third, of course, that's not what anybody suggested.

WSS

And just for the record, Cleve, that's pretty much what the Democratic establishment said to Bush except much worse then your own hyperbole. Remember Bush doesn't care about black people blah blah blah blah blah? When it was in fact the Democrats who took money to repair those levees year after year going back to the Clinton administration and pocketed it. Just saying. And I didn't suggest Christie tell Obama to go fuck himself just shake hands and say thank you this is one time we can work together. He did go out of his way to insult Mitt Romney who was his party's candidate. That costs you Support if in fact you're hoping to someday win that party's nomination.

WSS

I think New York got hit harder than New Jersey with the hurricane but Obama was not invited there for photo ops. It also rubs me the wrong way when Obama rewarded Christie with the phone call from Christie's favorite rock star and democratic activist Bruce Springsteen. Those photo ops on national news may have decided that election a week later for Obama.

Christie ...no thanks.

And just for the record, Cleve, that's pretty much what the Democratic establishment said to Bush except much worse then your own hyperbole. Remember Bush doesn't care about black people blah blah blah blah blah? When it was in fact the Democrats who took money to repair those levees year after year going back to the Clinton administration and pocketed it. Just saying. And I didn't suggest Christie tell Obama to go fuck himself just shake hands and say thank you this is one time we can work together. He did go out of his way to insult Mitt Romney who was his party's candidate. That costs you Support if in fact you're hoping to someday win that party's nomination.

WSS

So Bush's response to Katrina, which was admittedly lax, and dems asking if it was predominantly white neighborhoods this had happened to would his response have been different....that's worse than saying hey suck a bag of cocks eh.....? really?

Perhaps you are too young to remember the screaming fit they threw. Anyway yes had it been predominately white I would imagine most of the citizens would have been bright enough to fucking evacuate. Or if the mayor of New Orleans had been smart enough he would have asked the governor to send the National Guard.

Should Bush have sent the army to drag those ignorant fuckers out? Can you imagine the outrage? But in both situations the federal government primarily since a mountain of cash which they did in both places. New Jersey has their shit together at Louisiana doesn't so there's a difference.

Did you see black people or white people looting in New Jersey? Or anyone for that matter?

WSS

WSS

Archived