THE BROWNS BOARD

UPDATES

LBC mike

I log on to read about news,updates, and opinions. But of late it has been nothing but crying from vaginas.

Josh is currently our qb. STFU or go root for the ravens. Manziel will get his time. Remember that Rodgers sat a couple of years and now he is elite.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I log on to read about news,updates, and opinions. But of late it has been nothing but crying from vaginas.

Josh is currently our qb. STFU or go root for the ravens. Manziel will get his time. Remember that Rodgers sat a couple of years and now he is elite.

I couldn't have said it better.

Thank you!

Mike

That's right about Aaron. Too bad McCown isn't Bret Farve, I could live with that. Especially if the Browns had been in the playoffs the last couple of years- like Green Bay was, while Rodgers sat & learned.

Sorry you don't like some opinions. So yup- McCown is the quarterback. He's been given the keys to the car- please don't drive it off a cliff.

Actually- it might not be a bad thing for the Browns if the Ravens beat the Bengals Sunday.

Romo also... Unless you have a undoubtable surefire lock such as Luck, the biggest favor you can do for your young QB is let him learn on the bench without the pressure of being the guy before he's truly ready to be the guy. We've seen way to many QB's get thrown in and get eaten up and ruined because they were rushed in before they were ready. I commend pett for sticking to his guns and staying with their plan to develop JFF.

like Green Bay was, while Rodgers sat & learned.

Sorry you don't like some opinions.

Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

He isn't joking. The Manziel hate power rankings looked something like this...

1. Grossi, Jeff Phelps, Pat McManamon

2. Hoorta and Tour

3. Brian Hoyer

4. Alabama fans

Here's an update for ya. He's a Brown. That makes him your boy too.

Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

If #2 wins just one Superbowl, I will buy every variety of #2 jersey - including pink.

Well, we know McCown will never win a SB. However, someone needs to be here to teach Johnny. But have you ever thought of the following:

1)Perhaps the coaches have already decided we will need a new QB early in the draft, and neither Johnny or Josh will be that guy

2)If Johnny sits and learns from Josh, he will be ready to take the reigns next year while the new QB sits and learns.

3)This will be very important since we haven't had a QB learning on the job in some time

Mikey, you do know that telling a lie often enough does not make it true...

So, JFF sits and learns this year, so he can take over next year (when McCown is still under contract), while a new first round QB sits and learns...right.

Lots of learning...

You can go to college for 4 years and study all about learning software. Write small programs, etc.

Once you get a job writing production software - you'll learn more in 3 months on-the-job than 4 years combined studying.

That's how I see it. Throwing a guy in to the wolves will make him learn faster than sitting around studying and watching.

Although coach P thinks McCown gives us the best chance to win, so I think it's OK to roll with that for now. Nobody can accurately say that "The team knows the future QB isn't on the roster." because nobody knows, including some of the staff I'm sure.

1. Grossi, Jeff Phelps, Pat McManamon

2. Hoorta and Tour

3. Brian Hoyer

4. Alabama fans

Did you forget Merrill Hoge?

What might be interesting....if it hasn't been done already......is to see ESPN do a whole segment with Hoge and Skip Bayless.

Hoge the hater vs. Bayless the Johnny knobgobbler.

Who would be the Burr and who would be the Hamilton?

Or, maybe it could end like this other famous duel:

• Thomas Biddle and Spencer Darwin Pettis — August 26, 1831 — One of the most famous duels to occur on Bloody Island, it is often cited as an example of the theory that "all politics is local." Pettis, a staunch Jacksonian Democrat, challenged Biddle, brother of banker Nicholas Biddle, because Biddle had publicly humiliated Pettis. Because the Code Duello stated that the particulars of the duel were to be decided by the "challengee," Biddle, who was nearsighted, chose Bloody Island and a distance of five feet. It is argued[by whom?] that Biddle thought such a close distance would convince Pettis not to go through with the duel, but Pettis was undeterred. They fired at five feet, and both were killed.

Did you forget Merrill Hoge?

What might be interesting....if it hasn't been done already......is to see ESPN do a whole segment with Hoge and Skip Bayless.

Hoge the hater vs. Bayless the Johnny knobgobbler.

Who would be the Burr and who would be the Hamilton?

Or, maybe it could end like this other famous duel:

• Thomas Biddle and Spencer Darwin Pettis — August 26, 1831 — One of the most famous duels to occur on Bloody Island, it is often cited as an example of the theory that "all politics is local." Pettis, a staunch Jacksonian Democrat, challenged Biddle, brother of banker Nicholas Biddle, because Biddle had publicly humiliated Pettis. Because the Code Duello stated that the particulars of the duel were to be decided by the "challengee," Biddle, who was nearsighted, chose Bloody Island and a distance of five feet. It is argued[by whom?] that Biddle thought such a close distance would convince Pettis not to go through with the duel, but Pettis was undeterred. They fired at five feet, and both were killed.

More likely this way though:

July 26, 1847: Albert Pike and John Selden Roane; declared a draw, no injuries. :P

One of many classic screen moments in Cool Hand...

"What we have here... is a failure... to communicate."

Throwing a guy in to the wolves will make him learn faster than sitting around studying and watching.

For many or most, sure, but not everyone in every situation. And then add that as the past two weeks have shown, it's not a binary situation.

Archived