THE BROWNS BOARD

McCown X-ray tonight

jcam222

Nate Ulrich reporting he had an X-ray on his right hand. X-ray was negative but may miss practice time this week. I smell a perfect excuse for change in the wind.

It's feelings were hurt when the last pass was picked off. Hard to get that down on x-ray.

mccown missed short throws today that good HS qb's make fairly regularly. Even balls that were caught almost none of them were on target and properly leading the rec'er. He just didn't have it today, something is off.

Chill out guys. Mccown had 340 yards with 2TDs with only 39 yards rushing help. It's just one bad game.

If anyone watched his press conference following the game, he seemed to be possibly hinting at something (or maybe I'm reading into it). When they asked about his hand, he hung his head and said "I don't want to comment on it, you can ask Coach Pettine, but I feel fine." and he waved his hands in front of him as if to show there was no injury whatsoever.

To me, it seems like the x-ray was possibly forced on him and that they're setting up Manziel to replace McCown should he underperform next week.

Also, for the record, McCown may have looked terrible at times but this loss should be pinned on nothing but the defensive performance and lack of a rushing game. You don't have Josh McCown throw 45+ times and expect to win.

If anyone watched his press conference following the game, he seemed to be possibly hinting at something (or maybe I'm reading into it). When they asked about his hand, he hung his head and said "I don't want to comment on it, you can ask Coach Pettine, but I feel fine." and he waved his hands in front of him as if to show there was no injury whatsoever.

To me, it seems like the x-ray was possibly forced on him and that they're setting up Manziel to replace McCown should he underperform next week.

Also, for the record, McCown may have looked terrible at times but this loss should be pinned on nothing but the defensive performance and lack of a rushing game. You don't have Josh McCown throw 45+ times and expect to win.

You know ... they can start whoever they want, whenever they want ... they don't need an excuse.

Zombo

You know ... they can start whoever they want, whenever they want ... they don't need an excuse.

Zombo

Pulling Josh after a mediocre performance would be antithesis to what they've claimed they would bring - which is to say, consistency.

Having Manziel take the field for any reason other than absolute abysmal performance or injury could, in some ways, be just as bad as keeping McCown in through mediocrity.

Pulling Josh after a mediocre performance would be antithesis to what they've claimed they would bring - which is to say, consistency.

Having Manziel take the field for any reason other than absolute abysmal performance or injury could, in some ways, be just as bad as keeping McCown in through mediocrity.

Question is- how much mediocrity is Pettine willing to put up with?

I noticed the same thing, and if that is the plan, it's pretty smart.

Archived