THE BROWNS BOARD

Cheap Shot

manbearpig

But it wasn’t all smooth sailing for the Chosen One on Friday night. With 8:15 remaining in the third quarter, Timberwolves center Jason Collins planted a shoulder into the right side of LeBron’s face as he crossed into the paint on a drive. James went down on the hard foul and Zydrunas Ilgauskas jumped into the fray after Collins, who got hit with a flagrant-1 for the cheap shot.

James was still steaming in the postgame locker room over Collins’ “play.”

“Hard fouls are part of the game, but I thought that one was a little overboard,” deadpanned James. “Not taking anything from the refs, because they do a great job, but that play you can’t ref by how big I am to take that blow. If it was Mo or Delonte or Daniel – one of our smaller guards – and they take that same blow, do they finish the game? Maybe not.”

Guest ATENEARS

I'm a fan of hard fouls and think that they should be part of the game. Even when it happens against one of our super-stars, I'm still for it.

Bottom line is that there are not too many in the NBA who are stronger than LeBron.....My bet is that Collins will regret that play at some point, although I really feel LeBron wouldn't go after him unless the cheap shot was aimed at one of LBJ's teammates.

Mike

I've seen worse

Agreed.

I tend to think that particular collision looked way worse than it was because LeBron tends to over-react every time he gets hit anywhere above the neck.

Collins really basically was a deer in the headlights and didn't know what to do with LBJ barreling down the lane at him. I thought it was less malicious intent than accidental, didn't know what the hell else to do action.

Archived