THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Maybe, but Rawls still killed us. They had 200 yards rushing as a team. A healthy Lynch might have made a difference at the end, but who knows? He seems to be slowing down... Which isn't unheard of for an aging RB.

Regardless, I'm happy we escaped with a win regardless of how it was accomplished. lol

"We"? Do you collect a paycheck from the Bengals?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We"? Do you collect a paycheck from the Bengals?

Your ad hominen point is taken. Using the term "we" is mostly just a way to reference the team that I root for.

While fans obviously don't have an impact on the games for the most part (home field advantage aside), we are still a vested entity in the matter. I think it's fair to say "we", and assume that others realize that I am not taking credit for the play on the field. Instead I am referring to the fact that there is a tangible relationship between a team and it's fans. That the very nature of being a fan is to be emotionally vested in your team, and how they represent your city, or fan-base.

In short, fans identify with their teams, thus, "we" seems appropriate. This is of course just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Your ad hominen point is taken. Using the term "we" is mostly just a way to reference the team that I root for.

While fans obviously don't have an impact on the games for the most part (home field advantage aside), we are still a vested entity in the matter. I think it's fair to say "we", and assume that others realize that I am not taking credit for the play on the field. Instead I am referring to the fact that there is a tangible relationship between a team and it's fans. That the very nature of being a fan is to be emotionally vested in your team, and how they represent your city, or fan-base.

In short, fans identify with their teams, thus, "we" seems appropriate. This is of course just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Fair enough.

Yea he was going to stop the receivers momentum into the goal line. Not sure how that was a penalty.

It's More Stooler ball washing by Goodell and Refs..

Right...he got penalized for trying to prevent the score.

In reality it was more like "Incidental contact' if anything.. it didn't look premeditated in any way...

Wow the horrible defenseless receiver call hands the steelers the game. Tomlin tried his hardest to lose though by inexplicably calling a shotgun run play with 5 seconds left..

Helmet to helmet dipshit. I also fail to see how it gave us the game considering he was pretty much on the damn goalline in the first place with a first down. He gained a couple inches and Bell certainly had the TD by more than a couple inches. Tomlin made the call with the best tailback in the game. Who knows how overtime would have gone as Vick is still getting adjusted to the offense.

Right...he got penalized for trying to prevent the score.

Helmet to helmet. I know if it were a browns player you guys would have rented a billboard outside the stadium protesting the call if a flag weren't thrown.

Helmet to helmet dipshit. I also fail to see how it gave us the game considering he was pretty much on the damn goalline in the first place with a first down. He gained a couple inches and Bell certainly had the TD by more than a couple inches. Tomlin made the call with the best tailback in the game. Who knows how overtime would have gone as Vick is still getting adjusted to the offense.

Hey Vag. The bad call saved the last timeout and gave steelers an extra yard.

Amazing this mother fucker Vagitron comes on a Browns fan forum.. Not a Steelers fan forum...just to defend a bogus call rather than celebrate a team victory with family, or friends.. Now I know he's not human and has serious Mental issues. You are definitely are a sick POS Vagitron.. If you have that much anxioty over what people say about your team.. It's definitely time someone told his Wife (Unless shes brain damaged) like him.. And get him some professional help.

Helmet to helmet hits on every player outside of a running back is an automatic personal foul penalty. It's been this way for several years. Miller was in no way shape or form three feet from the goalline when he was tackled. He was stopped just short.

well didn't the nfl come out with a rule like 2 years ago stating that a rb that lowers his head on a run vs. defenders was an automatic foul? that rule was enforced for like 2 weeks and since then they haven't called it once. i think there was an incident this past weekend where the rb lowered his head and hit helmet to helmet vs. a defender and the d guy got concussed.

thanks nfl for being so succinct!

btw stooler fans, good win last night (yeah, i'll say it). prob saved your season.

well didn't the nfl come out with a rule like 2 years ago stating that a rb that lowers his head on a run vs. defenders was an automatic foul? that rule was enforced for like 2 weeks and since then they haven't called it once. i think there was an incident this past weekend where the rb lowered his head and hit helmet to helmet vs. a defender and the d guy got concussed.

thanks nfl for being so succinct!

btw stooler fans, good win last night (yeah, i'll say it). prob saved your season.

If the nfl is anything is inconsistent with his penalty calls. It's why defenders have been getting so frustrated. It's definitely a problem. I also think it's too early to have a "season saving win" but we definitely will get some needed momentum. No team in the north can continue to lose ground with the Bengals tho so maybe you're right. Big win.

It gave you the opportunity to go for the win because a defensive penalty stops the clock. If there was no call you would've had to call your last time out. And while it was a ballsy call to go for the win right there, I don't see the Squeelers going for the win with no timeouts. Might still have won in OT but your defense was gassed by that point in the game.

It gave you the opportunity to go for the win because a defensive penalty stops the clock. If there was no call you would've had to call your last time out. And while it was a ballsy call to go for the win right there, I don't see the Squeelers going for the win with no timeouts. Might still have won in OT but your defense was gassed by that point in the game.

Annnnnd now there is controversy with the playclock. 18 seconds was run off the clock and never put back on while the steelers had the ball. We also still had a time out when that penalty occurred and clearly we didn't use it when Tomlin went for the win. Your point is moot. Edit: we had 5 seconds on the clock with bell in the WildDawg. If he didn't covert the game would have been over. No time to call the last time out.

Helmet to helmet hits arent penalties now?

Helmet to helmet hits on every player outside of a running back is an automatic personal foul penalty. It's been this way for several years. Miller was in no way shape or form three feet from the goalline when he was tackled. He was stopped just short.

Yes... helmet to helmet, albeit incidental to my eye. Someday rational owners will understand that a receiver going into a tuck is defending himself, but that's not the current rule interpretation.

Saving the time out was the key outcome from the penalty. The time out gave the illusion of time to run on that last play. I don't see Tomlin putting the ball in Vicks hands to make a pass with 5 seconds left and no time out. Nor do I see running out of the WildDawg without the time out even though Bell has an escapability factor greater than any player I have seen in a very long time. He had three or four "how'd-he-get-out-of-there" moments last nite.

Last was one of the few games I can remember where the opposing defense had more drops than a QBs' receivers.

Bottom Line: Steelers played well enough to win despite Vick and while they came away with additional injuries, they were to non-critical players, i.e., defensive players.

Annnnnd now there is controversy with the playclock. 18 seconds was run off the clock and never put back on while the steelers had the ball. We also still had a time out when that penalty occurred and clearly we didn't use it when Tomlin went for the win. Your point is moot. Edit: we had 5 seconds on the clock with bell in the WildDawg. If he didn't covert the game would have been over. No time to call the last time out.

Helmet to helmet hits arent penalties now?

I never said it wasn't a penalty. Read it again slappy....I said the penalty gave you the opportunity to go for the win because a defensive penalty stops the clock. No penalty, no stopping the clock without using your last time out. ANDDDDDDD if you use your last time out after the catch at the goal line, as Tour said, I don't see the Steelers going for the win in that situation with no time outs and only 5 seconds left on the clock.

As for the penalty, I think it was very borderline but its one that gets called a lot but very inconsistently.

Yes... helmet to helmet, albeit incidental to my eye. Someday rational owners will understand that a receiver going into a tuck is defending himself, but that's not the current rule interpretation.

Saving the time out was the key outcome from the penalty. The time out gave the illusion of time to run on that last play. I don't see Tomlin putting the ball in Vicks hands to make a pass with 5 seconds left and no time out. Nor do I see running out of the WildDawg without the time out even though Bell has an escapability factor greater than any player I have seen in a very long time. He had three or four "how'd-he-get-out-of-there" moments last nite.

Last was one of the few games I can remember where the opposing defense had more drops than a QBs' receivers.

Bottom Line: Steelers played well enough to win despite Vick and while they came away with additional injuries, they were to non-critical players, i.e., defensive players.

Bracing for impact or not a helmet to helmet hit in today's NFL unless you are a running back is a penalty. It as Tomlin likes to say was a bang, bang" play but still one that garners a flag ten times out of ten. Beyond that and as I mentioned above there is now controversy that 18 seconds was run off the clock and never put back on in the final possession. Throw that back on and there is more than enough time to do whatever. Instead we were left with 5 seconds and by handing it off with that much time Tomlin pretty much said he couldn't care less if he had enough time to get another timeout or not. There would have been no chance at calling the last one if bell didn't get in the end zone.

Bracing for impact or not a helmet to helmet hit in today's NFL unless you are a running back is a penalty. It as Tomlin likes to say was a bang, bang" play but still one that garners a flag ten times out of ten. Beyond that and as I mentioned above there is now controversy that 18 seconds was run off the clock and never put back on in the final possession. Throw that back on and there is more than enough time to do whatever. Instead we were left with 5 seconds and by handing it off with that much time Tomlin pretty much said he couldn't care less if he had enough time to get another timeout or not. There would have been no chance at calling the last one if bell didn't get in the end zone.

And you don't call yourself a troll? You ARE a troll....even by your own definition.

Or are you too big of a pussbag to accept that fact?

And you don't call yourself a troll? You ARE a troll....even by your own definition.

Or are you too big of a pussbag to accept that fact?

How is my response above anywhere close to something posted to draw an emotional response? The post you quoted is just the facts.

1. Helmet to helmet - personal foul ten times out of time on non-running backs.

2. 18 seconds was run off the clock on our touchback and it was never put back. It's ESPN news right now.

3. One time out, handoff with 5 seconds. Tomlin was going for the win no timeouts or not.

How is my response above anywhere close to something posted to draw an emotional response? The post you quoted is just the facts.

1. Helmet to helmet - personal foul ten times out of time on non-running backs.

2. 18 seconds was run off the clock on our touchback and it was never put back. It's ESPN news right now.

3. One time out, handoff with 5 seconds. Tomlin was going for the win no timeouts or not.

See. Troll. I am a magistrate that conducts legal hearings. I can recognize an argumentative/inflammatory statement when I see one.

Your objections are overruled.

1. Bracing for impact or not a helmet to helmet hit in today's NFL unless you are a running back is a penalty.

2. There would have been no chance at calling the last one if bell didn't get in the end zone.

1. That's what I said...

2. There are runs every weekend when 4 or fewer seconds come off the clock when the D is burning TOs to save clock. Had they run a straight, power dive then your team had time to use the TO. As executed, however, dancing off left tackle, the play became do or die.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or UPSETTING people, by posting INFLAMMATORY, EXTRANEOUS, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement." -from your link

You deliberately tried to insult his sister, your statement was clearly inflammatory, and by your link, you are a internet troll. You proved my point for me, thanks!

I was going to insult Vag's sister in retaliation but then I thought to myself, I'm not going to drag his wife into the conversation.

Archived