THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine's 4th quarter clock management made Romeo cringe

Richiswhere

Made absolutely no sense letting 40 seconds run off the clock after that first and goal run.

Have to say that I was puzzled. Best I could come up with was Pet was putting the game squarely on his D's shoulders.

Have to say that I was puzzled. Best I could come up with was Pet was putting the game squarely on his D's shoulders.

I think that as well. And I guess it's just me, but I think if you call timeout when you're ahead, you're giving the other team more chances to beat you outright. Would've been nice to have a couple extra seconds obviously but we could've gotten those if McCown throws it away on the 2nd last play sooner than he did. About the only bad decision the dude made all day.

Just for the positive flow of the day. Yes T, Pett put the game squarely on his D shoulders at end of game. Than Joel purposely(LOL) loses the coin toss at OT to show again the D wanted to close out big with Manning in the house next week. Two big back to back stops could be a positive to build on this week? (But the stress was killer)

It was terrible clock management! I couldn't believe he was just letting all that time burn off the clock! 2 things: if baltimore scored a td, the game was over. no way cleveland scores a td (which they would have had to do) in 25 seconds regardless of how many TO they had left. And we more than likely would have been starting from our own 20. Also, we could have won the game in regulation! We were just about in field goal range when the time ran out! Luckily it didn't matter in the end, but that was a VERY risky move. We had 3 TO. Should have been using them to save time!

Just my opinion of course..

This was TERRIBLE clock management by Pettine. Absolutely terrible. We EASILY not only could but WOULD have won the game in regulation if we had the extra 40 seconds. There was not a doubt that the Ravens were going to get at least three, and the way the defense was playing, most likely six on us (luckily this did not happen.) If they get six, we would have needed every second of that extra 40 to win in regulation. If they get 3, we would have needed every second of that extra 40 to win in regulation. You don't EVER play for overtime when you have the chance, a VERY GOOD CHANCE, to win in regulation. The clock was completely irrelevant from the Ravens perspective. They already had at least three no matter how much time was on the clock. It boggles the mind and this is not the first time Pettine has bungled play clock management badly at the end of a half or a game. One way or another, this issue WILL rear its head again. Not that I am not thrilled with the win, but Pettine's fuckup could have EASILY cost us the game. Forty seconds in the last two minutes is a goddamn ETERNITY - ESPECIALLY the way McCown was moving the ball almost al will.. I mean if someone doesn't get out of bounds after gainging yardage in two minute drive mode and you have to spike the ball and kill a down and it wastes fifteen seconds, everyone and the announcers would be slamming the guy. This is FORTY SECONDS. I mean this is really, really bad. Forty seconds ticking away. Am I missing something here? Maybe its someone else's job on staff to get in Pettine's ear about this kind of shit, I don't know. If so, someone should have.

This was TERRIBLE clock management by Pettine. Absolutely terrible. We EASILY not only could but WOULD have won the game in regulation if we had the extra 40 seconds. There was not a doubt that the Ravens were going to get at least three, and the way the defense was playing, most likely six on us (luckily this did not happen.) If they get six, we would have needed every second of that extra 40 to win in regulation. If they get 3, we would have needed every second of that extra 40 to win in regulation. You don't EVER play for overtime when you have the chance, a VERY GOOD CHANCE, to win in regulation. The clock was completely irrelevant from the Ravens perspective. They already had at least three no matter how much time was on the clock. It boggles the mind and this is not the first time Pettine has bungled play clock management badly at the end of a half or a game. One way or another, this issue WILL rear its head again. Not that I am not thrilled with the win, but Pettine's fuckup could have EASILY cost us the game. Forty seconds in the last two minutes is a goddamn ETERNITY - ESPECIALLY the way McCown was moving the ball almost al will.. I mean if someone doesn't get out of bounds after gainging yardage in two minute drive mode and you have to spike the ball and kill a down and it wastes fifteen seconds, everyone and the announcers would be slamming the guy. This is FORTY SECONDS. I mean this is really, really bad. Forty seconds ticking away. Am I missing something here? Maybe its someone else's job on staff to get in Pettine's ear about this kind of shit, I don't know. If so, someone should have.

Jesus.

Archived