THE BROWNS BOARD

If you don't believe your kicker can make a 49 yard FG

Richiswhere

Then get him the FUCK out of here!!!!!

Then get him the FUCK out of here!!!!!

i think our kicker is good...the issue was running turbin on a pitchout and losing yardage...turned all the mo in denvers favor...if turbin runs between the tackles he probably gets 5-6 yds total...which makes it a 51 yarder...i would take my chances with coons on a 51 yarder...

Are you saying that they've already given up on Duke Jr. And Crowell? You mean we don't have a running back that can get a few lousy yards at home on a sunny day? It's like preseason the way they change the lineup on offense. Every successful running back will tell you they need to get the ball and develop a ryththm. Would you take out Foster on a key third down and put in a guy that hasn't played in over a year?

I believe Dipshit is reffering the the first browns drive where they went for it on 4th and long as opposed to kicking the field goal.

I agree in that you kick the field goal there to see how Coons does so you know for later reference in the game. But I am not blaming Coons like Retard is. Yea lets get rid of a kicker that hasn't missed all year moron. We know he can get it there from 49 also seeing how he has a 48 yard extra point this year. This was one of the MANY MANY coaching blunders that cost the browns this Sunday. They just trying to get way to cute and out think themselves.

I believe Dipshit is reffering the the first browns drive where they went for it on 4th and long as opposed to kicking the field goal.

I agree in that you kick the field goal there to see how Coons does so you know for later reference in the game. But I am not blaming Coons like Retard is. Yea lets get rid of a kicker that hasn't missed all year moron. We know he can get it there from 49 also seeing how he has a 48 yard extra point this year. This was one of the MANY MANY coaching blunders that cost the browns this Sunday. They just trying to get way to cute and out think themselves.

I don't think anyone is really suggesting that we get rid of Coons. I think it's a critique of the coaching staff. We have confidence in him... Why didn't they?

I agree in that you kick the field goal there to see how Coons does so you know for later reference in the game.

As Pet said in his presser, they'd already established that reference point in pre-game.

Going that way the cut-off line was the 30 for a 47-yd FG limit.

As Pet said in his presser, they'd already established that reference point in pre-game.

Going that way the cut-off line was the 30 for a 47-yd FG limit.

I think the point would be- if we had just made 4 crummy positive yards- (instead of full reverse) it would have been worth the risk to try a 52 yarder. Denver's kicker had plenty of leg on his 51 yard attempt- he just missed wide.

Simple question....

Why would you risk a 49yrd fg attempt when the conditions were questionable (Joe Hayden questionable at that) when you're at 1st n 10?? If you go for the FG in this situation, what message does this relay to your offensive line/qb/rbs??

Your argument is flawed, move along!

I don't think anyone is really suggesting that we get rid of Coons. I think it's a critique of the coaching staff. We have confidence in him... Why didn't they?

i think they wanted to win outright and not leave it to chance with manning at the helm with time still left on the clock. unfortunately flip couldn't call a play to save his life and mack got pushed aside like a napkin in the wind. sure some coaching decisions could be questioned but not to the point where you (not you personally) have to keep reposting the crying whining bitchery that i have to read every 2 posts. lay it on the players. they couldn't execute when it counted. if someone could block for crowell or johnson maybe they'd have called an up the gut run. seems like instead of being too cute we are being too obvious.

The coaches have far more of an understanding of what Coons can kick than us

The coaches have far more of an understanding of what Coons can kick than us

Do they? Do they really?

Travis Coons and l go way back. He was my cover man in 'Nam. We used to call him Coon Dog, for obvious reasons. Because he had a coon dog.

Boy did he love that dog. Used to take it on the ferris wheel at the state fair. Then one day, it fell off that damn ferris wheel.

Landed right in a vat of kettle corn, right as they were adding the popcorn. The howls were deafening.

Travis has never been the same, and hasn't kicked a 50 yarder since that day.

But he said some nights, when the lights are low and the wind is high, he can hear his coon dog tell him, one day you'll get that 50 yarder. And when you do, l'll be waiting.

So naturally Travis is a little freaked out by that. Does his dog mean waiting in a good way, or a bad way? Only time will tell.

Ibleedbrown transforms into Iwritebooks. Outstanding.. You get the play by play mik from Donovan on kicks from here on out!! Excuse Jim let me handle this :lol:

I think the point would be- if we had just made 4 crummy positive yards- (instead of full reverse) it would have been worth the risk to try a 52 yarder. Denver's kicker had plenty of leg on his 51 yard attempt- he just missed wide.

In OT? Sure... but in reality we only had one 4th down at the Denver 32 all game long... and that was at the end of our first drive early in the 1st Quarter with 10:15 left. And per Pet at the time the winds made the 49 yard try a no go.

McManus' miss came at least an hour later with 0:22 left in the half. The wind was obviously still an issue as the upright streamers showed a L to R wind, but his kick started just outside the left upright and did not move an inch to the right.

Pet also said in his presser that by OT the winds had died off substantially.

Going for it on 4th and 5 was super aggressive, and it's one of those things that makes the coach look like a genius or an idiot. Obviously, we know what happened. We got the matchup we wanted, and the pass appeared to hit our most dependable receiver in the hands, but he didn't bring it in. Gary has a history of making big catches, even some on 4th down, but he didn't haul this one in. Did anyone see what happened? Did the defender hit the ball, or did Gary just drop it? The coverage was perfect, as it was most of the day, but still...he usually brings that catch in. I can understand not wanting to set your kicker up for failure, but even with the wind swirling, don't you have to at least see what the kid has? If you plan on him being the kicker for a while, doesn't he have to learn how to make tough kicks in bad conditions?

Archived