THE BROWNS BOARD

Tradition aside, would you protest the NFL if they eliminated placekicking?

SkippinTurtles

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to give the Turtle man credit for reaping so many responses to such a stupid fucking question.

WSS

Last chance TurtleMan. Do we ever want to see 300lbs. Lineman trying to kick it between the Pipes at end of Camp. NNNNOOOOOOO!! Game Over!! :ph34r:

Our leading receiver is 5'10" and 195 lbs.

And he works his butt off, takes huge hits, deals with corners that try to punch him at the line, etc.

The potential of a kicker getting hit, despite it rarely happening, doesn't make him a gladiator.

If you want to argue for the kickers then just stick to the "it's always been this way, so it should stay this way." Don't try to equate the general toughness of kickers with the rest of the team.

Our punter and our kicker are both bigger than our backup QB and could probaly take him in a street fight. I have no doubt, CoonDawg could.

Z

I have to admit in over 50 years of watching the NFL, I can't think of another kicker getting a flag thrown for an unnecessary roughness penalty.

And he works his butt off, takes huge hits, deals with corners that try to punch him at the line, etc.

The potential of a kicker getting hit, despite it rarely happening, doesn't make him a gladiator.

If you want to argue for the kickers then just stick to the "it's always been this way, so it should stay this way." Don't try to equate the general toughness of kickers with the rest of the team.

So kickers don't work their butt off? They don't take huge hits? I've seen just as many highlight videos of kickers getting blindside blasted as I have wide receivers.

What's the matter, a kicker fuck your boyfriend?

1. No, they don't. Not nearly to the degree the real players do.

2. Really? Just as many? Even if I accept your premise which I don't, I'm not talking about blindside hits. Many open field tackles are big hits.

3. Not necessary. It's me you're talking to here. I've seen too many incredible teams lose big games because the resident dork couldn't execute literally the only thing he has to do.

I've seen too many incredible teams lose big games because the resident dork couldn't execute literally the only thing he has to do.

but who's fault is that? the kicker that sucks or the coach that overlooks that aspect of the game?

i mean just ask jim harbaugh and jimbo fisher along with all the other dopes that don't realize special teams play a HUGE importance of a football game.

no field goals? how about no punts or kickoffs after a TD?

so you can cut your roster by like 20 players. you have 4 downs and if you can't make it ten yards the other team takes over at that spot? cool.

where are you living now, flippin mars?

but who's fault is that? the kicker that sucks or the coach that overlooks that aspect of the game?

i mean just ask jim harbaugh and jimbo fisher along with all the other dopes that don't realize special teams play a HUGE importance of a football game.

no field goals? how about no punts or kickoffs after a TD?

so you can cut your roster by like 20 players. you have 4 downs and if you can't make it ten yards the other team takes over at that spot? cool.

where are you living now, flippin mars?

To answer your first question: the kicker.

You guys equate "this guy is a bigger badass than myself" with "this guy is a bigger badass than NFL players" way too much.

I get the "I will argue my point with rhetoric" idea but Janikowski is 6'1 260 with a history of bar room brawls. I'd go out on a limb and say I could kick Travis Benjamin's ass.

I get the "I will argue my point with rhetoric" idea but Janikowski is 6'1 260 with a history of bar room brawls. I'd go out on a limb and say I could kick Travis Benjamin's ass.

No, you couldn't. He's from Miami. Auto-loss for you.

That's just a dumb post, it's way below the intelligence level of most your posts. Ordinarily you seem pretty rational. How many elite QB's are benching 500 lbs? Should we eliminate passing too??

You want to compare the hits quarterbacks take and the things they have to do and know with a guy whose only job is to kick? OK...

Quarterbacks are some of the toughest guys on the field. I wouldn't want to take those blindside hits from pass rushers with bad intentions.

Archived