THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Lose LB Hayes Pullard to the Jaguars

D Bone

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/10/28/9631356/browns-lose-lb-hayes-pullard-to-the-jaguars-sign-db-chance-casey-to

The Browns waived adieu to another 2015 draft pick on Wednesday.
The Jaguars signed inside linebacker Hayes Pullard off the Browns' practice squad earlier this afternoon, according to The Florida Times-Union and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan.
The Browns drafted Pullard in the seventh round of the 2015 NFL Draft. Pullard becomes the Browns' second 2015 draft pick to depart without having a played a game for the team, as the Browns cut fourth round pick Vince Mayle in September.
Pullard performed well in training camp in August, but the team elected to keep veteran Tank Carder over him. Pullard cleared waivers, allowing the club to sign him to the practice squad. The 6'1, 240 pound linebacker has remained there since September, as the Browns opted against signing him to the 53-man roster despite linebacker Craig Robertson's injury.
Pullard started 39 games at the University of Southern California. As Caplan tweeted, Pullard fits in Jacksonville's 4-3 scheme as a middle or weakside linebacker.
To replace Pullard, the Browns signed defensive back Chance Casey to the practice squad, the team announced this afternoon.
Casey originally signed with the Raiders as undrafted free agent in 2013, playing four games as a Raider over the course of two seasons before signing with 49ers later in the 2014 season. The Baylor product did not see any game action in San Francisco.
The Crosby, Texas native played for the Colts in training camp, but did not make the cut. Over the course of his career, Casey has five tackles, one pass defensed, and two special teams tackles.

Pullard wrote letters to each GM to Draft Him. At least Farmer has a letter. F for failing. Hope the kid gets a chance to play with Jags. We got more Tight Ends & D. Backs than Beyoncé

Not sure I'll miss an LB that could not crack our 53-man roster.

The other way to look at it is our coaches aren't the best at evaluating talent - our 35th ranked D may point to that a bit. ;)

A 7th round pick we put on our PS is picked up by a team with a 1-6 record, and all of a sudden it's an F for Farmer? I'm not saying the guy's flawless but come on, it's not like Pullard's gone to the Pats/Packers and become a superstar.

The other way to look at it is our coaches aren't the best at evaluating talent

A lot of us have different option's on this. Coaches got it right on Pryor & Mayle on nobody's Field. I say they got the Depth chart right even with Blowe. Coaches can only depth chart the talent they have. My problem with coaches is letting them fail in fundamentals than discipline than they are so damn fragile they fall apart. Farmer controls the Talent the coach has to work depth chart than controls losses such as Sheard, Ward & Skrine while we hope on Soloman, Bryants & Gilbert. Bottom line Farmer with scouts & Coaches has got to start hitting on better Talent..

Farmer is basically at this point an average GM when it comes to talent evalutation. Bitonio, Crowell, Gabriel, Kirksey, K. Williams from last year have all been solid starters/role players, especially relative to their draft positions. Meanwhile, he's had some misses like West, Gilbert (not quite ready to put Manziel there yet, but give it time). In FA it's been similar - Dansby was a great pickup, and Whitner was solid last year and is getting back to that level. Starks has been a let down, as has that WR we supposedly have on the roster (though I'm sure it *really* begins *this* sunday). McCown was clearly a better choice than Hoyer, if for nothing else than his off-field abilities, and Williams is an upgrade on Skrine.

Time will tell with this year's draft class, but we've seen positive things, at least in places, from Shelton, Cooper, Campbell, Johnson, we have Gaines coming back from IR shortly and Olumo should contribute next year. Erving should hopefully get some action if the OL continues to struggle with running, while Orchard has basically become a starter beating out Mingo.

This is all not to say he's a great GM. Going back to last year we basically got the worst pick from the first round (value wise) with Gilbert when we could have taken a number of others, we all know that. We've had some hits and some misses, and for Cleveland, that's an improvement over past years. Leon McFadden anybody? Owen Mariecic? Greg Little, Weeden, Jamoris Slaughter, Richardson - we're not even going that far back to get a long list of day 1&2 misses. Compared to hits - Schwartz at RT is about the only one I can think of from the last 4 drafts (not counting Gordon).

He's a 7th round pick who didn't make the roster, and we have let him exposed all season, even with Robertson hurt.

He was never going to press Dansby or Kirksey for playing time, at best he would be a special teamer, and Carder is a terrific one.

So what's all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about?

Z

He's a 7th round pick who didnt mae the roster, and we have let him exposed all season, even with Robertson hurt.

He was never going to press Dansby or Kirksey for playing time, at best he would be a special teamer, and Carder is a terrific one.

So what's all the waling and gnashing of teeth about?

Z

Exactly.

Farmer is basically at this point an average GM when it comes to talent evalutation. Bitonio, Crowell, Gabriel, Kirksey, K. Williams from last year have all been solid starters/role players, especially relative to their draft positions. Meanwhile, he's had some misses like West, Gilbert (not quite ready to put Manziel there yet, but give it time). In FA it's been similar - Dansby was a great pickup, and Whitner was solid last year and is getting back to that level. Starks has been a let down, as has that WR we supposedly have on the roster (though I'm sure it *really* begins *this* sunday). McCown was clearly a better choice than Hoyer, if for nothing else than his off-field abilities, and Williams is an upgrade on Skrine.

Time will tell with this year's draft class, but we've seen positive things, at least in places, from Shelton, Cooper, Campbell, Johnson, we have Gaines coming back from IR shortly and Olumo should contribute next year. Erving should hopefully get some action if the OL continues to struggle with running, while Orchard has basically become a starter beating out Mingo.

This is all not to say he's a great GM. Going back to last year we basically got the worst pick from the first round (value wise) with Gilbert when we could have taken a number of others, we all know that. We've had some hits and some misses, and for Cleveland, that's an improvement over past years. Leon McFadden anybody? Owen Mariecic? Greg Little, Weeden, Jamoris Slaughter, Richardson - we're not even going that far back to get a long list of day 1&2 misses. Compared to hits - Schwartz at RT is about the only one I can think of from the last 4 drafts (not counting Gordon).

Nice post Chris. I was starting to get frustrated with Farmer especially after the Bowe signing which so far has been a huge bust. Farmer may not be a great GM but he was a new one and I think he is smart enough to learn from mistakes and get better with time and experience.

He's a 7th round pick who didn't make the roster, and we have let him exposed all season, even with Robertson hurt.

So what's all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about?

Z

Because I thought he could turn out to be a very good player. In preseason games he seemed to be the one guy that actually showed up to plug holes when the other teams ran the ball...and stop plays on the edge. Do you think we could use a little of that now?

Because I thought he could turn out to be a very good player. In preseason games he seemed to be the one guy that actually showed up to plug holes when the other teams ran the ball...and stop plays on the edge. Do you think we could use a little of that now?

Could we use that? Yes. Was he going to be that guy when the bullets were real? Highly doubtful. Do I accept that your evaluation of him is better than that of the Browns brass that cut him, exposed him, and then signed someone named Jason Dimanche ahead of him? No.

Gutsy 7th rounder who was deemed too limited to be an NFL starter by the Browns. Glad to see the Jags are eating our scraps. Maybe some day good teams will eat our scraps.

Zombo

Yeah, I remember you on the pullard wagon.

Could we use that? Yes. Was he going to be that guy when the bullets were real? Highly doubtful. Do I accept that your evaluation of him is better than that of the Browns brass that cut him, exposed him, and then signed someone named Jason Dimanche ahead of him? No.

Yes, Dimanche.....does he play like Sunday in the Park with George?

Gutsy 7th rounder who was deemed too limited to be an NFL starter by the Browns. Glad to see the Jags are eating our scraps. Maybe some day good teams will eat our scraps.

I do think he had some physical limitations....he was just smaller and slimmer than the usual MLB.....but I go back to Jack Lambert who was also slightly build in comparison. I am not saying he was a Jack Lambert, but I thought he could have potential.

Zombo

Being a SoCal guy, I got to see Hayes play a lot and I always liked his game. Hearing about his open letter to all 32 teams didn't surprise me one bit, and I hope he goes and kicks ass.

Archived