THE BROWNS BOARD

My apology for my "I want Pettine gone" thread

Canton Mike

After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.

While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.

That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.

I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.

Mike

After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.

While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.

That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.

Mike

If you don't get pissed off...you don't care.

It's all good Mike!

Mike

Both your angry post and this are genuine. I respect that. +1

Welcome back from the darkside...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the two folks who +1'd you here are not the same two who boosted your other OP...

Welcome back from the darkside...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the two folks who +1'd you here are not the same two who boosted your other OP...

I was actually concerned that I might be perceived as a "darkside bitcher". LOL

Thanks to all for your comments. I surprised myself with how angry I became. Hell, I have survived the firing of Paul Brown, trading Warfield, drafting Phipps, the Coaching? of Romeo "we're gonna try to win a game" Crennel & others. You would think I would be immune to ALL types of snake bites, but that's what is great about this Board......There are always folks to pick you up when you trip. THANKS for the "pick me up".

Aside to Tour...."and then there were three & one did +1 on both. :wacko:

Mike

I was actually concerned that I might be perceived as a "darkside bitcher". LOL

Thanks to all for your comments. I surprised myself with how angry I became. Hell, I have survived the firing of Paul Brown, trading Warfield, drafting Phipps, the Coaching? of Romeo "we're gonna try to win a game" Crennel & others. You would think I would be immune to ALL types of snake bites, but that's what is great about this Board......There are always folks to pick you up when you trip. THANKS for the "pick me up".

Aside to Tour...."and then there were three & one did +1 on both. :wacko:

Mike

Mike, Living out here on the west coast, and truly never living in Cleveland, I have written them off. I cancelled the sunday ticket and found other ways to spend my sundays. I have a grandson due any day, but reading this, I still check in, but I need a release as to not kill someone. But I will check in and never completely give up.

Mike, Living out here on the west coast, and truly never living in Cleveland, I have written them off. I cancelled the sunday ticket and found other ways to spend my sundays. I have a grandson due any day, but reading this, I still check in, but I need a release as to not kill someone. But I will check in and never completely give up.

First, and most important, CONGRATS on the upcoming Grandchild. There are no joys in life that compare! Do yourself a favor & hold that Grandson on your lap & watch the Browns, no matter how poorly they play. Sharing with him will make the losses easier & priceless memories. My eldest Daughter blames me (laughingly) for creating a MONSTER of a Browns Fan in my youngest Grandchild, 7 year old Michael, who attends a game a year with Grandpa & calls me after the others. He watches all the games.

Good for you not giving up. Hopefully, we'll win a Super Bowl before we have Great Grandchildren!

Mike

Mike

I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.

I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.

See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....

I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....

While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....

28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....

See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....

I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....

While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....

28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....

Well.....perhaps you are mistaking a "level headed" attitude for one that is actually a "ho-hum" attitude. The guy that doesn't care about winning or losing may just look like a flatliner and be thinking "ho-hum....another game....wtf, I got paid". That guy comes off appearing level headed. Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are.

I am also not saying that someone must point fingers at others to be passionate or angry over losing.

Why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.

Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are...why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.

Same reason you assume they dont care, I guess....actually, I suspect most are upset and very few are ho hum(as you suggest)

Ive havent seen this team quit yet(this year or last year).....and dont see any reason to "assume" they are mailing it in now either....

So, maybe you're in the locker room and have better info...????.....all ears....

mike is a good man.

me, i just destroy my personal property instead of venting like i used to. 2 keyboards and a rollerball mouse smashed against the wall with the loss to st. louis. pulling a hundy of my pocket to replace such items is enough to learn me a lesson. rather spend the money gettin my hair and nails did.

Same reason you assume they dont care, I guess....actually, I suspect most are upset and very few are ho hum(as you suggest)

Ive havent seen this team quit yet(this year or last year).....and dont see any reason to "assume" they are mailing it in now either....

So, maybe you're in the locker room and have better info...????.....all ears....

Not me.....but a few commentators including former players like Bob Golic have gone on rants about how he perceives that some of these players do not seem to care if they win or lose.

Not me.....but a few commentators including former players like Bob Golic have gone on rants about how he perceives that some of these players do not seem to care if they win or lose.

golic? at least it's bob and not his bum player brother who doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground but is making hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting on a stool next to a jets fan for 4 hours every morning.

Archived