THE BROWNS BOARD

mike adams interview

CLEVELandMILIDH

A couple of telling points made by Adams.

He says Mangini is a straight forward honest guy he can't wait to play for.

A winning attitude is being installed

Everybody is not on pins and needles waiting to be traded, it is business as usual, like every other team in the offseason.

The biggest point is don't believe all you read about the man, especially from the NY media

I've liked Adams from the start. I thought he stepped in and played great when needed. He has the attitude and versatility that we NEED here. This makes me even more happy that we resigned him. He is a guy that comes to compete, fit into the team atmosphere, and work to win. Bottom line...

Makes me wonder why he chose Cleveland over New England. He says the contracts were almost the same. Maybe for the possibility to start here? New England is basically a guaranteed playoff run...

I'm a bit nervous about the safety spot (hoping the draft helps that). But I was glad we let Jones walk and resigned Adams. He is quick, smart, and versatile. He'll be a great leader to our potential new draft pick. I want a guy that takes responsibility for his play. Unlike Jones (he had talent but isn't the type of person we need).

Makes me wonder why he chose Cleveland over New England. He says the contracts were almost the same. Maybe for the possibility to start here? New England is basically a guaranteed playoff run...

I'm a bit nervous about the safety spot (hoping the draft helps that). But I was glad we let Jones walk and resigned Adams. He is quick, smart, and versatile. He'll be a great leader to our potential new draft pick. I want a guy that takes responsibility for his play. Unlike Jones (he had talent but isn't the type of person we need).

I think Adams will be playing some FS and working in situational packages when they have 2 safties deep. He is also a great special teamer but neither him or Pool are SSs and I fully expect we will draft one or acquire one in FA. Adams was signed because Pool is one concusson away from retirement. Plus, I think Adams, given the chance, could take playing time away from pool.

Archived