THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs. Bengals NFL Network

Tony_Shalub

Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

Thanks

Because the Thursday night games from here on out are only on NFL network except for in the local markets.

Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

Thanks

Its all about the Benjamins. I guess the NFL Network puts more money into the NFL's pocket when they can have exclusivity rights to a game. That is the deal they signed.

Its all about the Benjamins. I guess the NFL Network puts more money into the NFL's pocket when they can have exclusivity rights to a game. That is the deal they signed.

The NFL owns the NFL network so they probably don't get as much as if CBS pays them to show the game.

The NFL owns the NFL network so they probably don't get as much as if CBS pays them to show the game.

The only thing they get is the commercial revenue. Hmmmm. I had to look it up, and it really surprised me pay TV usage is at 84% of US households, way higher than I would have expected.

Archived