THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns will play host to Detroit Lions and Tennessee Titans in preseason

NewEraDawg

Monday March 30, 2009, 1:26 PM

CLEVELAND -- The Detroit Lions and Tennessee Titans will make visits to Cleveland Browns Stadium this preseason.

The NFL released its preseason schedule today, with exact dates to be determined.

The Browns will travel to Green Bay for their first game, scheduled for the week of Aug. 13-17.

The home games are Detroit, the week of Aug. 20-24, and Tennessee the week of Aug. 27-31.

The Browns close the preseason on Sept. 3-4 at the Chicago Bears.

God I hope we draft Maualuga..... If we dont a team like Tennesee will massacre us.... White and Johnson.... Oh God.....

I also hope DA isnt our QB, Because Tennesee will rape him, they're a good team. We can beat them If we wear them out early. I have faith in us killing Chicago, and the Lions game should actually be pretty good depending on who they bring in this offseason.

Damn, I was hoping we'd be playing Labor Day weekend.

I don't think we ever start the season that soon....seems like it is always in the 2nd full week of the month.

All I am really hoping for is the Browns are in town one of the weekends the Indians are wrapping up their season.

I like to make it a full weekend of Cleveland sports and catch both the Browns and 1-2 Tribe games.

My guess is we won't open at home this year and the weekend of the 20th will be our first home game...which is going to create a problem for me as that is the weekend Tn travels to Gainesville...a game I really plan on seeing, and i don't like to miss Browns home openers(that is usually about as exciting as the season gets and goes downhill from there)

Maybe I can do both....have to see what sort of flights out of Orlando I might be able to catch to Cleveland.

Guess i will just hope we somehow catch another opening week home game.

It does make sense for the NFL to get a few extra Cleveland home games out of the way early in the season and have a few less come Nov and Dec..

No Precise Date Set Yet For Schedule Release

Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2009, 4:05 p.m.

In response to Mondays out-of-the-blue release of the NFLs preseason schedule, weve been flooded with questions about the expected release of the real thing the regular-season slate of games.

And so we asked NFL spokesman Greg Aiello about it.

Aiello said by e-mail that the schedule most likely will be released in the first half of April.

Same as always, Aiello said.

But Aiello added that there is “no precise date set yet.”

Our semi-educated guess is that it will come next Tuesday or Wednesday, April 7 or 8.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE: As one source points out, it’s unlikely that the schedule will be released next week, since it coincides with the opening week of baseball and the run-up to the Masters. Our revised guess is Tuesday, April 14.

Archived