THE BROWNS BOARD

Hafner blast

Oldcrow1945

He hit his first one of Spring training tonight. Smashed a hanging curve over the left center wall.

I'm watching the Tribe as I write. Crowe stroked a single to left and ended up scoring on a Choo sac fly.

Brady stroked a single that same innings. So did Marte

Pavano started out shakey but looks like he has settled in.

Had another blast today. Timing is coming around for Pronk

HEY, HEY!!! Great news! Now I'm feeling better.

Could you imagine if he would have season numbers along these lines? .292 Average. 36 HR's. 128 RBI.

With Sizemore, Derosa, Victor, Choo, Peralta and Garko hitting around him?

But what is even more exciting to me is the thought of Laporta and a back to Form Hafner hitting next to or even close to each other. I hope it happens soon. Laporta needs to go to Triple A and show them that they just can't keep him down.

Guest Masters
HEY, HEY!!! Great news! Now I'm feeling better.

Could you imagine if he would have season numbers along these lines? .292 Average. 36 HR's. 128 RBI.

With Sizemore, Derosa, Victor, Choo, Peralta and Garko hitting around him?

But what is even more exciting to me is the thought of Laporta and a back to Form Hafner hitting next to or even close to each other. I hope it happens soon. Laporta needs to go to Triple A and show them that they just can't keep him down.

It will be quite the lineup and even w/o Pronk is. Right now it is penciled in as

Grady

DeRosa

Jhonny P

Hafner

Martinez

Choo

Francisco

Garko

Asdrubal

I am not as excited about Leporta and am not sold on him. Even less after seeing him at spring training. When I looked at him, he still looks like a college player. Not to mention he two hopped balls from the outfield to the cutoff man. I think Brantley will be the better player out of that deal. I think Mills will end up getting to the Tribe big league roster before Leporta does.

Guest Masters
there is no way that martinez bats 5th. i heard yesterday that he wants to put hafner at 3, victor at 4 and jhonny at 5. expect to see that.

I was surprised to see it too. I figure Vic batting 3 or 4. But that is what baseball tonight listed last night in the AL central review, after talkig with Wedge.

Archived