THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Really! I assume this is another Steeler Retard that gets a puckered sphincter every time Z predicts the Browns to win?

Assume away! Would you pick the Browns to win every week?

Have you watched the Browns? Would you think they would beat the Bengals?

If you followed football, and understood the game, you wouldn't.

Assume away! Would you pick the Browns to win every week?

Have you watched the Browns? Would you think they would beat the Bengals?

If you followed football, and understood the game, you wouldn't.

The Browns will win this week, Debbie.

Care to make a wager?

If the Browns win, I get to ban your IP.

If the 49ers win, I get to change your name to "CumChugger".

Yes! This answers the question of how you claim to be successful in your picks.

If you need to ban me due to your inability to intelligently debate or use logic during a discussion, that's fine.

Yes, you seem like an intelligent debater.

The first clue is how you struggle with this thread.

And it's not the first time.

Are you personally offended that a guy picked the Browns on a Browns board? Who is your favorite team, by the way?

Z

No, I'm not personally offended. Not at all. I assumed your picks were meant to be a little humorous based on the fact that the Browns are not a good team and you pick them to beat good teams.

It's not anti-Brown, it's factual. I'm not sure how you could pick a 2-9 team, with a 3rd string QB, with several key players out of the game, to beat, and score over 50 points against a 9-2 team that's healthy and dominating.

I would expect this board to discuss the Browns and hope they win (as I do). But if you're going to say you make serious picks, and pick the Browns every time, it would stand to reason, you don't know football. If you say you pick who you want to win, based on loyalty, thats understandable.

In my opinion, the Browns vs 49ers is is a toss up. I won't take your bet. I would take the Browns with Johnny.

ban away!

No, I'm not personally offended. Not at all. I assumed your picks were meant to be a little humorous based on the fact that the Browns are not a good team and you pick them to beat good teams. you call yourself the 'The Great Zomboni' you use a 'crystal ball', and your 'assistant' is a Super Model.

Take it from there,and enjoy my picks, glad you are onboard with the Browns this week.

Zombo

No, I'm not personally offended. Not at all. I assumed your picks were meant to be a little humorous based on the fact that the Browns are not a good team and you pick them to beat good teams.

It's not anti-Brown, it's factual. I'm not sure how you could pick a 2-9 team, with a 3rd string QB, with several key players out of the game, to beat, and score over 50 points against a 9-2 team that's healthy and dominating.

I would expect this board to discuss the Browns and hope they win (as I do). But if you're going to say you make serious picks, and pick the Browns every time, it would stand to reason, you don't know football. If you say you pick who you want to win, based on loyalty, thats understandable.

In my opinion, the Browns vs 49ers is is a toss up. I won't take your bet. I would take the Browns with Johnny.

ban away!

Do you really fucking care if Z is making serious picks? I mean, he picks the Browns every week.....but if he were really serious....if getting his picks right.....if it meant having money on it....he probably wouldn't do it.

So....if you are concerned about someone being serious on their picks.....go to some tout service....and worry about their reputation in making picks.

And, you never did answer his question: who do you root for. Ashamed?

Someone started saying that he blurred things in order to always claim he's correct on his picks. I simply claimed I don't think he is serious in his picks. It really doesn't matter to me. But if I want an opinion that I can respect and/or news that I can count on, there are certain individuals that provide that.

I like to keep up with the Browns and look to this board for news and relevant opinions. There are certain truths, one being the Browns moved to Baltimore. If you deny this occurred, other information you post is questionable.

I follow several teams the Browns being one.

Someone started saying that he blurred things in order to always claim he's correct on his picks. I simply claimed I don't think he is serious in his picks. It really doesn't matter to me. But if I want an opinion that I can respect and/or news that I can count on, there are certain individuals that provide that.

I like to keep up with the Browns and look to this board for news and relevant opinions. There are certain truths, one being the Browns moved to Baltimore. If you deny this occurred, other information you post is questionable.

The Browns former owner moved to Baltimore. The Browns franchise remained in Cleveland.

Anyone that doesn't understand that is ignorant.....and a liar to himself.

And would be a loser of big money if he wished to take a wager on it.

Are you a chick? That is very chick like.

The Browns former owner moved to Baltimore. The Browns franchise remained in Cleveland.

Anyone that doesn't understand that is ignorant.....and a liar to himself.

And would be a loser of big money if he wished to take a wager on it.

Are you a chick? That is very chick like.

Nope. The Browns franchise moved. Then, AFTER the move, legal proceeding took place to put the Browns franchise back in Cleveland.

If you don't understand that, then you are lying to yourself or you were not here.

The owner of the Browns made a deal with Baltimore to move the team there. It was agreed upon and done. Legalities were put in place AFTER the move.

Sorry. Facts will always win.

The Soldier's next response should be:

Ya, I was actually cool with the Soldier once he explained himself a bit ...and then as I was walking out the door I saw Gipper walking in. And then I heard "Browns moved" and realized the poor bastard just jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Z

Nope. The Browns franchise moved. Then, AFTER the move, legal proceeding took place to put the Browns franchise back in Cleveland.

If you don't understand that, then you are lying to yourself or you were not here.

The owner of the Browns made a deal with Baltimore to move the team there. It was agreed upon and done. Legalities were put in place AFTER the move.

I was here, and I suppose you may possibly be correct that Modell TRIED to take the franchise with him- and FAILED. (due to the best layers in Cleveland suing him for specific performance) The defacto thing is the franchise never moved- the team did. The Ravens are a new franchise. You from Baltimore? Don't get Gipper started on another rant.

Nope. The Browns franchise moved.

NO, they didn't.....there was never an approval to move. All that happened was an agreement between Modell and Baltimore. Nothing official ever happened.

Then, AFTER the move, legal proceeding took place to put the Browns franchise back in Cleveland.

I was here every minute of it....and you are simply factually, legally wrong.

The owner of the Browns made a deal with Baltimore to move the team there.

That't right...and that is all that happened.

It was agreed upon and done.

Agreed....NOT done.

Legalities were put in place AFTER the move.

Yes....and your facts are wrong. Nobody moves until the NFL gave approval to move.

And the vote on that "approval" only came after the litigation and settlement.

Its a good thing I'm the lawyer and you're not.

While Zombo and The Gipper come off very well as Micheal and Sonny.... I, unfortunately come off very much Fredo

(However, I believe I'm correct on the Browns moving topic)

Well, you are wrong on your beliefs. The moon is not made of green cheese....and the Browns never moved.

So...unless you want to end up like Fredo....at the bottom of Lake Tahoe with a bullet in the back of your head...you'd better learn.

I was here, and I suppose you may possibly be correct that Modell TRIED to take the franchise with him- and FAILED. (due to the best layers in Cleveland suing him for specific performance) The defacto thing is the franchise never moved- the team did. The Ravens are a new franchise. You from Baltimore? Don't get Gipper started on another rant.

Just short quick, accurate points. How do we attract these idjits.

I'm not beyond admitting I might be wrong, however what I remember is Model announcing he is moving the Browns. The Browns moving to Baltimore. The Cleveland fans and politicians going nuts, and saying "NO WAY... You are NOT taking our team", then the legal proceeding took place and Cleveland was given their colors and history back.

During the next years draft, the Baltimore teams draft slot was based on the Cleveland teams record. Why? When Cleveland came back, each of the other teams had to leave players unprotected so Cleveland could put a team together and they were given the first draft pick, as you would a new franchise. Why?

Every news paper reported that the Browns are moving to Baltimore.

As I've said before, If your married, and you get an annulment, legally your marriage didn't happen, but in reality it did.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not hiding behind technicalities and language. It's simple.

This is not a knock on the Browns. It's nothing bad. It's what happened.

I'm not beyond admitting I might be wrong, however what I remember is Model announcing he is moving the Browns.

An announcement is not a actual move. I have announced many times that I may want to move to a warmer climate to retire. Doesn't mean that I have actually moved.

The Browns moving to Baltimore. The Cleveland fans and politicians going nuts, and saying "NO WAY... You are NOT taking our team", then the legal proceeding took place and Cleveland was given their colors and history back.

They were never given back....because they were never taken.

Again....a pronouncement isn't an accomplishment. It was pronounced before the season that the Browns this year would have a Top 5 Defense....so....what did they accomplish?

During the next years draft, the Baltimore teams draft slot was based on the Cleveland teams record. Why?

Because that was part of the settlement agreement.....the new Ravens franchise would be slotted into the Browns drafting position....because the Browns could not use them because it was agreed that they would be inactive for a period long enough to get a new owner and a new stadium built.

When Cleveland came back, each of the other teams had to leave players unprotected so Cleveland could put a team together and they were given the first draft pick, as you would a new franchise. Why?

Because they needed a method to reconstitute the player base of the team. That was the method chosen.

Could other methods have been used? Possibly....but this method was familiar so that's what they did.

Every news paper reported that the Browns are moving to Baltimore.

And they reported that Dewey defeated Truman....how did that work out.

As I've said before, If your married, and you get an annulment, legally your marriage didn't happen, but in reality it did.

But this marriage never happened. There was never a walk up the aisle. They may have said they want to get married.....but in reality, the bride got a new and different groom.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not hiding behind technicalities and language. It's simple.

I am a lawyer....and I am not hiding behind technicalities and language either.....I am putting actual facts....actual legal consent decrees out for everyone to see.

And they can in fact be somewhat complicated. And maybe that is why you cannot comprehend them.

You want simplicity....here is the simple bottom line: The Browns NEVER moved.

Inculcate that

Archived