THE BROWNS BOARD

How much will the fans stand for?

BrownsfaninPa

Just a thought of how much more will the season ticket buyers,and the die hard core fans of the Browns take? I understand your devotion to this team, buying tickets every year, and going to the games every week. Iam with you in spirit. I live in Phila, and it just embarrasses me to say iam a Browns fan. Will the Browns fans take a stand and stop buying these tickets and just stay home on game day? Its clear that this team of many coaches, and now 2 ownerships have not got the formula to winning? Can anyone explain to me how the Patriots can continue to win week after week, year after year, and this team continues to fail ?

Browns lose because they cater to a very loud and impatient fanbase and combine that with a Local media group that knows how to push the buttons.

Very true and I wish otherwise. I would list the media as the main problem. All head hunting and zero common sense. And that's what gets the fan base irate and blood thirsty. Look at every team that has had the same HC 5 plus years...don't bother, they're all strong

I am not there in Cleveland, so I can not hear or see what is being said on a daily basis on local media. But being a fan from a past generation,(1980's), will the fans make a statement and stop purchasing tickets, and stop going to the games , and buying expensive jerseys and merchandise. Why not prove to this team that your dedication and devotion to the team is heart felt, but until this team can put together winning seasons, there will be no tickets purchased, and no merchandise is being bought. Its the only way this team ownership, & partners will put a winning team on the field. The fans need to make a financial statement, and stop hoping for something in a dream. I did. I cheer for the Browns, but I no longer buy items because I don't get the same in return. Maybe the ticket holders should making a real financial judgement for next season. Just think about how much money is being just given to the Browns and all their NFL shop .

. Just think about how much money is being just given to the Browns and all their NFL shop .

This is old and doesnt work....

Revenue sharing.......

Plus....I have an inkling that Haslem KNOWS we arent happy......just a hunch

This is old and doesnt work....

Revenue sharing.......

Plus....I have an inkling that Haslem KNOWS we arent happy......just a hunch

I'm sure he does. And you're right it doesn't work since every team is making a profit because of the huge TV deals.

The fanbase goes apeshit if the new organization looks bad in a game or two. They just don't realize that a mess as big as the Browns are going to look bad for a while.

Hate to agree with the Douche....but he's right.....

Apeshit is EXACTLY whats happening.....and exactly what we all said, 2 years ago, "wouldnt" happen.....but here we are.....

Freaking out and swinging at anything that moves.....

Hate to agree with the Douche....but he's right.....

Apeshit is EXACTLY whats happening.....and exactly what we all said, 2 years ago, "wouldnt" happen.....but here we are.....

Freaking out and swinging at anything that moves.....

It's all about the progress. Fans would tolerate losing if there were tangible evidence of progress and a coaching staff/FO that seemed competent and in tune with one another. Those things have been absent from this organisation this year.

Browns lose because they cater to a very loud and impatient fanbase and combine that with a Local media group that knows how to push the buttons.

How do you define patience? We see teams every year go from worst to contention, or below average teams get better. It's pretty damn hard to be patient with an organization when it's literally the worst franchise in professional sports.

I'm not sure. I watch the fans get giddy every year at draft time and if the Brwns are ever going to fix the mess it will start with a few VERY BORING drafts. I don't think the majority of fans are willing to wait for a real team to materialize.

You mean like drafting a nose tackle and reserve OLinemen in the first round? Following by a pass rusher, a running back, another defensive lineman? And wrapped up with a couple of full backs and injured corners? Because that's what we just had.

It's not about the 'flashy' players - we've seen people losing their shit about gary barnidge, who is having a good, not spectacular, breakout season. Same with Benjamin to some degree. If we got a top 10 D that kept us in games, and a solid run game that took the load off of the QB, we could make a lot of progress without flashy but ultimately ineffective picks (how many WRs taken in the first round recently have made their team better?).

People would be much happier then. Of course, this being sports not everyone will be happy and there'll be people complaining why we're not perfect, but the majority will be happy with progress and unity.

I'm not sure. I watch the fans get giddy every year at draft time and if the Brwns are ever going to fix the mess it will start with a few VERY BORING drafts. I don't think the majority of fans are willing to wait for a real team to materialize.

We've had very boring drafts. A DT and OL in the first round in the last one.

They just haven't been good drafts.

. It's pretty damn hard to be patient with an organization when it's literally the worst franchise in professional sports.

We get that....it is hard....but when you are the WORST team, then its a bigger job than most.....and probably takes longer.....make sense?

Just because we've been waiting forever, doesnt mean some new guys can just show up and make it better over night....thats not reality...more like just wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations...

You can site aspects of the last several drafts that have been boring but when continually drafting a QB in the first round to play on a team who has nothing to help that QB, it really wouldn't matter what QB you drafted. By boring, I mean trading every first round pick for a host of later picks and build a foundation which could do something with a good QB.

Many here would *love* that. And a few would hate it because they want to draft "the saviour" as high as possible.

We get that....it is hard....but when you are the WORST team, then its a bigger job than most.....and probably takes longer.....make sense?

Just because we've been waiting forever, doesnt mean some new guys can just show up and make it better over night....thats not reality...more like just wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations...

Worst to first teams recently:

2014: Texans are in that conversation, and have gone from top pick to leading their (weak) division, not because of Jadevion Clowney, but the overall team.

2013: Chiefs were top pick in 2013, and went from 2-14 to 10-6 or whatever it was - in spite of their 'franchise' LT, Eric Fisher, being the biggest bust in a long time.

2012: Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 by drafting Andrew Luck - but this team was only 2-14 because they had no QB, Peyton Manning got injured and they 'lucked' in to the best QB to declare in a generation.

Only thing you can do as a season ticket holder is stop being one. I'm giving up 2 seats in section 139 , row 15, seats 11 and 12. If anyone wants them on here, just make an off. My expectations are low, so don't be afraid to offer accordingly.

2014: Texans are in that conversation, and have gone from top pick to leading their (weak) division, not because of Jadevion Clowney, but the overall team.

2013: Chiefs were top pick in 2013, and went from 2-14 to 10-6 or whatever it was - in spite of their 'franchise' LT, Eric Fisher, being the biggest bust in a long time.

2012: Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 by drafting Andrew Luck - but this team was only 2-14 because they had no QB, Peyton Manning got injured and they 'lucked' in to the best QB to declare in a generation.

It's not the norm.....nor should it be the expectation.....

The colts won 12-12-14-12-13-12-14-10....then 2....then 11-11-11.....and you tell me this was a turnaround?.....ridiculous....(more like a one year crash and burn, than a turn around)

Texans went from 10 wins to 12 wins to 2 wins....so yeah, fire the coach.....and, like magic, they are good again...(another very good team, that dropped for a season, then rebounded...not a turn around)

Chiefs were a playoff team that hired a coach who went from 10 to 7 to 2 wins....again, completely different....so no surprise they rebounded with a better coach...( same story here)

So....these were ALL good, winning teams that fell off the map for a yar....and then suddenly reappeared.....and they are NOT teams that had a 20 record of losing and then , POOF, instantly got good.....no comparison at all....

It's not the norm.....nor should it be the expectation.....

The colts won 12-12-14-12-13-12-14-10....then 2....then 11-11-11.....and you tell me this was a turnaround?.....ridiculous....(more like a one year crash and burn, than a turn around)

Texans went from 10 wins to 12 wins to 2 wins....so yeah, fire the coach.....and, like magic, they are good again...

Chiefs were a playoff team that hired a coach who went from 10 to 7 to 2 wins....again, completely different....so no surprise they rebounded with a better coach...

So....these were ALL good, winning teams that fell off the map....and then suddenly reappeared.....and they are NOT teams that had a 20 record of losing and then , POOF, instantly got good.....no comparison at all....

Exactly my point, think you think I'm saying the opposite. Worst to first can happen, but only on a team that is already loaded with talent and for some reason has a down year.

Exactly my point, think you think I'm saying the opposite. Worst to first can happen, but only on a team that is already loaded with talent and for some reason has a down year.

Ok....yeah, I misunderstood.....thought you were implying we should be able to do the same.....w/o talent.....;)

It would, except worst to first scenario literally occurred 11 years in a row: http://thebiglead.com/2013/08/14/nfl-worst-to-first-streak-at-10-years-who-will-it-be-in-2013/. That's pretty indicative of a norm wouldn't you say? (including chiefs)

We have a foundation for this team, and I would absolutely disagree that we are totally devoid of talent. The people who run the show blow and it's becoming more and more clear to me every week. I hate blowing up the team like anyone else but these guys have to go. With a right fit in the draft we could easily turn this ship around in a hurry.

2000 Patriots: 5-11 2001 Patriots.....Won the Super Bowl...Belichick and Brady came in together

1998 Rams: 4-12, 1999 Rams....Won the Super Bowl. Warner and Vermeil.

With the right coach and QB, the Browns would only take 2 years. 1984 Browns: 5-11. 1986 Browns: Should have gone to the Super Bowl.

We just need a Marty and a Bernie.

And the Browns have a lot more talent on this team, overall, than most think. Deficient in a few areas? yes...WR/QB. But you can get those.

I think that the 2013 Texans are perfect there. Their collapse to 2 wins following 12 and 10-win seasons was hard to comprehend even with the wheels coming off their starting QB, Schaub.

And then their HC collapsed... literally as he walked off the field at halftime of a SNF game

I could imagine that could happen here. Except for the lack of continuity. Here's a hypothetical. Brady Quinn (or the quarterback of your own choosing) is 31 years old. Let's say he still the starting quarterback here and rather than to draft a quarterback after quarterback after quarterback and replace the system coaches and players over and over we kept everything consistent and drafted the best player available with all of those wasted hi pics?

WSS

I could imagine that could happen here. Except for the lack of continuity. Here's a hypothetical. Brady Quinn (or the quarterback of your own choosing) is 31 years old. Let's say he still the starting quarterback here and rather than to draft a quarterback after quarterback after quarterback and replace the system coaches and players over and over we kept everything consistent and drafted the best player available with all of those wasted hi pics?

WSS

Well, some fans.....including fans of rivals say that the Browns must maintain continuity.

Of course....what if maintaining continuity means keeping just a bad, bad coach on the line just to prove stability.

That would be like having kept Brady here as QB all this time.

You dump a bad, incompetent QB like Quinn.....and you have to dump a bad, incompetent HC like Pettine (apparently).

You can't keep them on just to keep stability.

Archived