THE BROWNS BOARD

Thomas and Mack back to Pro bowl

Mudfly

Barnidge had a much better year than Travis Kelce. Barnidge 9 TDs/ 930 yards Kelce 4TDs/1067yds

Actually ...

Barny:68- 930 - 13.7 - 9

Kelce: 65 - 822 - 12.6 - 4

Beats him in every category and catched TDs with his balls.

Zombo

I'm a little surprised at Mack... better 2nd half of the season?

Its one of those cases where he gets voted in on his name and reputation. Same with Thomas. They were not Pro Bowl caliber this year. Pro bowl is a joke nowadays, Id like to see it voted on by people actually in the league

Barney 1 TD away from breaking Ozzie's TD's in a season with 10. G. Olsen & Kelce MAYBE better all around at position when you add in blocking but you cannot block down field nor blitz in a Pro Bowl. As a Browns fan you do not want players decided by league nor league members. The Pro Bowl is now the worst of all All Stars Game in all sports because the rules of it takes the actual game away. As a star of the game they should be embarrassed to show up but some go cause they see the fans want them their. When others decide not to go for money as a participate Trophy..

When you look at the tight ends on the SB roster, theres a good chance a couple of them will be busy that week (NE,Car,Cin, KC) and Barny is an alternate, so he may get that birth after all.

Z

Cleveland - Pro-bowl TE factory.

Like a high school popularity contest. Mack and Thomas made it on their names, while Barney should've made it on his play..... What a joke.

So, here are my questions on Mack, if anyone knows about specifics of his contract situation.....

a ) Since he's under contract. should it be assumed he cannot negotiate(or shop himself) with other teams?....I know he has an opt out, so Im guessing he has to opt out first and become a FA?.....anyone know?

B ) His contract goes through 2018 or 19.....so can he opt out every year going forward, or is this the only year and if he doesnt use it he stays the term?....curious....

So, here are my questions on Mack, if anyone knows about specifics of his contract situation.....

a ) Since he's under contract. should it be assumed he cannot negotiate(or shop himself) with other teams?....I know he has an opt out, so Im guessing he has to opt out first and become a FA?.....anyone know?

B ) His contract goes through 2018 or 19.....so can he opt out every year going forward, or is this the only year and if he doesnt use it he stays the term?....curious....

Per my understanding:

A) he would need to first opt out. I'm sure his agent will be doing things on the sly though and he wouldn't opt out without interest.

B) it's only this year.

So franchise/transition tag is not an option? He's the one guy l really think they need to make sure is around. This year was a step back but l think next year he will be a beast.

Not an option because it isn't an expiring contract.

Me too......very surprised, actually.....

Honestly thought Thomas would be the only one......

I'm surprised as well. Apparently Mack turned it on during the latter part of the season, but admittedly, evaluating the center position is beyond me. I saw him make a pretty crucial gaff a few weeks ago that resulted in an immediate sack, but who doesn't make errors? It's safe to say that Mack is gone after this year IMO, and honestly, who can blame him? So you're saying I can go make big bucks at a team with a good chance of winning and that isn't a drama fest? Umm...sign me up, right? Just need to hope Erving is THAT much better at the center position, and the offseason will give him a chance to correct his technique and/or strength issues. The good thing about Cam is that he's a notorious hard worker, so perhaps he can significantly raise his level of play.

Per my understanding:

A) he would need to first opt out. I'm sure his agent will be doing things on the sly though and he wouldn't opt out without interest.

B) it's only this year.

Thanks.....

Been hearing he's a lock to leave.....and he has repeated that winning is a BIG part of his decision.....so, in my mind, he is likely to leave.....

But....damn....he has a great contract thats paying him $8 million for 3 more years.....and he would have to void that just to see what someone else is willing to pay him......

Thats a big big BIG gamble on his part......should be interesting....

Mark Bravado and Eric Heiden were two really good tight ends.

Also, back in Jim Brown's day, that guy Gary Collingsworth was really good.

I like the Mark Bravado moniker. And Eric Heiden was a big Nazi, wasn't he? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhard_Heiden

And just to set the record straight.....Gary Collins was worth a lot. He was a great WR for the Browns. Still holds the Browns record for TD catches.

And the TEs back in JBs days were Johnny MilwaukeeBrewer and Milt Moron.

Thanks.....

Been hearing he's a lock to leave.....and he has repeated that winning is a BIG part of his decision.....so, in my mind, he is likely to leave.....

But....damn....he has a great contract thats paying him $8 million for 3 more years.....and he would have to void that just to see what someone else is willing to pay him......

Thats a big big BIG gamble on his part......should be interesting....

That's the one thing that might keep him here. It works in our favour he has had a down year as he'd struggle to get the same on the open market.

That being said, I'd be truly flabbergasted if he stayed.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/when_it_comes_to_alex_mack_the.html

Interesting article including that ProFootballFocus.com ranked Alex among the "five players who shouldn't have made the Pro Bowl."

PFF's nominee in an answer to Gip's poll question? The Vikes' Joe Berger...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/23/pro-5-players-who-shouldnt-have-made-the-pro-bowl

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/when_it_comes_to_alex_mack_the.html

Interesting article including that ProFootballFocus.com ranked Alex among the "five players who shouldn't have made the Pro Bowl."

PFF's nominee in an answer to Gip's poll question? The Vikes' Joe Berger...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/23/pro-5-players-who-shouldnt-have-made-the-pro-bowl

Read another article with an opposite twist, suggesting 2 of our guys got snubbed......

First is Barney, of course....and.....wait for it, cause everyones gonna think Benji.....But its SCHWARTZ!.....

BAZINGA!!!!

Its one of those cases where he gets voted in on his name and reputation. Same with Thomas. They were not Pro Bowl caliber this year. Pro bowl is a joke nowadays, Id like to see it voted on by people actually in the league

totally agree. mack got smacked around just about all yr...man he was terrible. jt i thought did not have a probowl yr either...although not as bad as mack was. Name and reputation is what it is..

Archived