THE BROWNS BOARD

Why we should root for Cincinnati over Denver on Monday night

dawg2fan

I never root for any teams in the division. But hear me out here. If Cinci beats Denver, that would mean Kansas City would be in first place in the division. Which would mean that Pittsburg would more than likely play them in the first round. If Denver beats Cinci, they would more than likely play Pittsburg in the first round, and we know what Pittsburg did to them last week. I think KC is the only team that has a chance to beat the Steelers, other than the Patriots. I literally want the Steelers out of the playoffs the first game they play.

I think your scenario assumes we are going to lose to Kansas City (KC in first place) and lose to Steelers (Steelers making playoffs).

Have you ever figured that we could take matters into our own hands and be a spoiler?

Z

I think your scenario assumes we are going to lose to Kansas City (KC in first place) and lose to Steelers (Steelers making playoffs).

Have you ever figured that could take matters into our own hands and be a spoiler?

Z

The Browns is the only team I root for, so I am a realist. That being said, I don't see us beating either KC or the Steelers. I think we can keep it closer within a couple TDs, but winning the game, I can't see it.

I never root for any teams in the division. But hear me out here. If Cinci beats Denver, that would mean Kansas City would be in first place in the division. Which would mean that Pittsburg would more than likely play them in the first round. If Denver beats Cinci, they would more than likely play Pittsburg in the first round, and we know what Pittsburg did to them last week. I think KC is the only team that has a chance to beat the Steelers, other than the Patriots. I literally want the Steelers out of the playoffs the first game they play.

Lol. The Steelers are in your head.

You "literally" want the Steelers out the first round? How else could you want it, "figuratively"?

The problem is how are you going to let the bengals know that browns fans are cheering for them?

So ... we're supposed to root for Cincinnati to beat Denver because you think KC can beat Pittsburgh and Denver can't?

Seems Denver just had the Steelers on the ropes in Pittsburgh, why can't they beat them at home?

And who cares about the matchups? Are you over thinking this a bit?

Fuck Pittsburgh, lets take out Roethlisberger and end their season right there.

Z

I just like watching good football. I never root to hard for anyone (except Browns but they're never in it) that is why I've been playing fantasy football and I always win my league championships. When your team perennially sucks, fantasy football is a good substitute. You root for players not teams. And then when that's over I wait for the draft. And this is every year. Time goes so slowly from January to the end of April. Another reason I hate Goodell! He changes the draft date later and later so he can milk it for every dime.

LOL, I'm rooting for the Browns to end the Steelers playoff hopes the last game of the season.

Lets just have the Browns beat the Steelers to knock them out. Right. Sure.

I'm quietly rooting for a Brandon Weeden Texans team to get in the playoffs, knock out Den, Pitt or both.

I'm loudly rooting for the Browns to win the last 2. With our DBs all banged up, our best shot is this Sunday (sob).

Lol. The Steelers are in your head.

You "literally" want the Steelers out the first round? How else could you want it, "figuratively"?

The problem is how are you going to let the bengals know that browns fans are cheering for them?

I won't, just root for them privately :(

So ... we're supposed to root for Cincinnati to beat Denver because you think KC can beat Pittsburgh and Denver can't?

No, I know Den can't beat the Steelers, so I dont care about that one. I just need Cinci to beat Denver. That way they can play either KC or the Pats in the first round. I know that gives us the best chance to see them go out. By the way, my wife is from Steubanville, Oh and all they see is Steeler games and of course big fans. We've been together for 11 years and they have clobbered us. At least the Bengals go out in the first round each season. Her brother told me before the season that he predicts the Steelers to go to the SB and now its looking like it.

I'm quietly rooting for a Brandon Weeden Texans team to get in the playoffs, knock out Den, Pitt or both.

I'm loudly rooting for the Browns to win the last 2. With our DBs all banged up, our best shot is this Sunday (sob).

Well, it doesn't matter whether the Texans or Colts win their Division. Only one team will make it to the playoffls. The 2nd place team can't knock out the Steelers or Broncos because they don't have enough wins.

As far as the Browns winning the last to games, my biggest problem is we have no CBs. If the opponents decide to throw the ball, we're done. Our first pick to should be a DE (hopefully Bosa) and a CB in the 2nd round.

No, I know Den can't beat the Steelers, so I dont care about that one. I just need Cinci to beat Denver. That way they can play either KC or the Pats in the first round. I know that gives us the best chance to see them go out. By the way, my wife is from Steubanville, Oh and all they see is Steeler games and of course big fans. We've been together for 11 years and they have clobbered us. At least the Bengals go out in the first round each season. Her brother told me before the season that he predicts the Steelers to go to the SB and now its looking like it.

The level of your desperation is hilarious! Does your Steeler fan wife know what you're up to?

You need placed on suicide watch should the Steelers make it to the SB.

The level of your desperation is hilarious! Does your Steeler fan wife know what you're up to?

You need placed on suicide watch should the Steelers make it to the SB.

No, she has no idea what I'm up to nor would I ever tell her. But I would celebrate in another room if they were beaten.

If you don't think Denver can beat Pittsburgh at home, you don't know all that much about football to be honest, so just relax, let the chips fall where they may and root for the Browns.

Zombo

Well, it doesn't matter whether the Texans or Colts win their Division. Only one team will make it to the playoffls. The 2nd place team can't knock out the Steelers or Broncos because they don't have enough wins.

As far as the Browns winning the last to games, my biggest problem is we have no CBs. If the opponents decide to throw the ball, we're done. Our first pick to should be a DE (hopefully Bosa) and a CB in the 2nd round.

I know only one of the two will make it. I hope it's Houston, and then they knock Den or Pitt out of the playoffs in a playoff game.

Should have been more specific lol.

I know only one of the two will make it. I hope it's Houston, and then they knock Den or Pitt out of the playoffs in a playoff game.

Should have been more specific lol.

As it stands right now, the Steelers (remaining games: Ravens and Browns) have the tie breaker over the Jets. If they win out, they will have the bye and KC (remaining games: Browns and Raiders @ Chiefs). If the Chiefs don't get the bye, you would have to think the Jets (remaining games: Home to Pats and @ Buffalo) will get it. The locks for the divisions are NE (East) Cinci (Central), Denver or KC (West, but the other should be get the bye) and either Houston or Colts (South) wins the division. Perhaps I'm missing something where Houston can knock out Pit or Denver.

As it stands right now, the Steelers (remaining games: Ravens and Browns) have the tie breaker over the Jets. If they win out, they will have the bye and KC (remaining games: Browns and Raiders @ Chiefs). If the Chiefs don't get the bye, you would have to think the Jets (remaining games: Home to Pats and @ Buffalo) will get it. The locks for the divisions are NE (East) Cinci (Central), Denver or KC (West, but the other should be get the bye) and either Houston or Colts (South) wins the division. Perhaps I'm missing something where Houston can knock out Pit or Denver.

IF Houston wins the AFC South, they will host a playoff game. The AFC South winner will play the #5 seed in the first playoff game.

Wild Card teams can't get a BYE (right now it's Pitt, KC & the Jets in the WC hunt). Denver & Cincy could fall into WCs by losing out and Pitt & KC win out.

Outside of Baltimore, Pitt & Den are my most hated teams. So I'm hoping Houston hosts one of those teams and knocks them out.

Well, right now, I think that all that has to happen to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs....if that is your goal, is to have the Chiefs beat the Raider, the Jets beat the Bills, and the Broncos to win one of their last games vs. the Bengals or Chargers. Fair to say?

Or.....of course for the Browns to beat them.

I believe the Browns will give them a very rough time if not win outright.....like they did to KC.

Well, right now, I think that all that has to happen to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs....if that is your goal, is to have the Chiefs beat the Raider, the Jets beat the Bills, and the Broncos to win one of their last games vs. the Bengals or Chargers. Fair to say?

Or.....of course for the Browns to beat them.

I believe the Browns will give them a very rough time if not win outright.....like they did to KC.

Yes, I guess it is OK to root for Denver now.

Close game ... go Broncs.

Zombo

Archived