THE BROWNS BOARD

MKC Reporting Flip is Interviewing in SF

Tour2ma

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo is interviewing for the 49ers head coaching vacancy today, a league source confirmed.

The interview was first reported by CSNBayArea.com.

DeFilippo is also scheduled to talk to the Rams about their offensive coordinator opening on Monday and other teams are expressing interest in as well. DeFilippo is one of the coaches the Browns would like to retain if the new head coach wants him.

By Mary Kay Cabot, Cleveland.com

Follow on Twitter

on January 08, 2016 at 10:05 AM, updated January 08, 2016 at 10:06 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/49ers_interviewing_cleveland_b.html

I heard he was interviewing for OC, not HC. But if it is for HC, more power to him.

My only question would be: if he is interviewing for OC....how can that be if they have not hired the HC yet?

Of course, that may be the 49er way of doing things.

Sorry, but I think at this point that the 49ers are a more dysfunctional organization than the Browns have been.

Its head coach(in San Fran)....not OC.....

OK, like I said, good for him. I am not sure why his experience as a one year OC for a 3-13 team gets him an interview. (though I did not think he did a bad job)

....now if Jim O'Neil were interviewing for an HC job....the people that would have lined up that interview would have probably needed a psychiatric evaluation)

OK, like I said, good for him. I am not sure why his experience as a one year OC for a 3-13 team gets him an interview. (though I did not think he did a bad job)

....now if Jim O'Neil were interviewing for an HC job....the people that would have lined up that interview would have probably needed a psychiatric evaluation)

O'Neil won't even get interviews to be a water boy.

His best chance is if Pettine gets a DC job somewhere - he'd probably bring O'Neil on as a position coach.

I thought Chip Kelly wanted the 49er job. I'm hoping he gets a job soon anywhere but Cleveland.

Wish De Filippo good luck. He's not bad!

Has anybody ever heard of any organization firing their HC but keeping their OC & DC on the back burner for a new HC to approve? I just see a interview nightmare my the time you even get to the JM pafoon questions? What a refreshing restart?

Has anybody ever heard of any organization firing their HC but keeping their OC & DC on the back burner for a new HC to approve?

Yes... it's fairly common. More so with position coaches perhaps, but happens with Coordinators as well.

Thing that surprised me was that we were granting teams permission to talk to Flip about OC jobs since he was obviously atop our "may keep" list. I can see him OC'ing for Fisher and the Rams, and they will be in position to decide and offer long before our new HC will.

Archived