THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Dick Jauron currently unemployed and looking?

Clevfan4life

I think Dick Jauron has been unemployed since his time with the Browns expired. No idea if he's looking.

I don't know any of our HC candidates that would be interested in him. Definitely not Patricia - who would likely snag someone off his current Patriots staff. Probably not Jackson, who may look to some of his former connections in Oakland.

tbh I really don't care about the scheme if it works.

I base this solely on the fact that the last time I felt good about where our defense was going was under him. Even with Mangini, who I really liked and think we shouldn't have fired...the defense was kind of flat.

lol... I know... just having a lil fun. Thanks for taking it as intended.

I remembered Dick was the 4-3 part in the middle of the Defensive pendulum swing from the Mangini/Ryan 3-4 to the Horton 3-4.

Spending tow-years making over the D only to see it switch again was driving me crazy...

probably a good reason why the guy has not been employed since you left the Browns. he probably sucks worse than this lame thread

I'm assuming you meant "since HE left the browns", but English is tough I get it. Anyway, so you think he sucks then eh? Ok. He had a 13-3 year with the Bears as HC didn't he? Jus saying. We could probably do a lot worse.

And fuck your lame thread troll. I think this thread is awesome. Don't like it...leave

I'd be much happier keeping the scheme as it is, not because one scheme is better than the other, but so we don't end up under-utilising more guys like Jabaal Sheard just because a new coach wants to use his system.

lol... I know... just having a lil fun. Thanks for taking it as intended.

I remembered Dick was the 4-3 part in the middle of the Defensive pendulum swing from the Mangini/Ryan 3-4 to the Horton 3-4.

Spending tow-years making over the D only to see it switch again was driving me crazy...

we had some good parts on that front 7 when Dick was DC. We had a DE opposite Sheard who's name I can't remember, but he had promise. I remember him "abusing" the Eagles left tackle all game long in a game I went to. Biggest guy on the field by far, and this DE was taking him back into Vick all day. Around him, through him....if Vick wasn't the shifty little cunt he was we might have had 10-15 sacks that day no joke. Haven't really seen a QB run for his life from the Cleveland rush like that since.

we had some good parts on that front 7 when Dick was DC. We had a DE opposite Sheard who's name I can't remember, but he had promise. I remember him "abusing" the Eagles left tackle all game long in a game I went to. Biggest guy on the field by far, and this DE was taking him back into Vick all day. Around him, through him....if Vick wasn't the shifty little cunt he was we might have had 10-15 sacks that day no joke. Haven't really seen a QB run for his life from the Cleveland rush like that since.

If memory serves, that was the year of Frostee Rucker and something Parker?

Archived