THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Hire Hue Jackson; Could Kaepernick Follow?

jbluhm86

True...

But if Kaepernick for Manziel was straight-up on the table???

I'd have to think about that for as long as it would take to scope out a 3-way deal to see what I could get for Kaep.

True...

But if Kaepernick for Manziel was straight-up on the table???

I'd have to think about that for as long as it would take to scope out a 3-way deal to see what I could get for Kaep.

Manziel may be more valuable in a trade because of the relatively unknown, and hes due about $11 mill less next year.

Regarding Kaepernick- He's got a $12 million price tag in a trade. Sashi the bean counter will certainly wait until the 49er cut him, and that's assuming Hue would even want him. He's had a bunch of surgeries lately.

One thing fer sure, if we take Goff @ #2, the Niners will take the next one in line- Gabbert stunk the last couple of games.

The problem with Kap as of late has been his attitude. He honestly reminds me a lot of Cam Newton who in 2014 had almost identical stats, the only main difference of Cam having a few more rushing TD's.

I'm not going to lie, the thought intrigues me if he's healthy and wanting to come here. The 49er's were a total mess this year and I really think the dude can play in the NFL.

I've read some articles which stated Kaepernick had some pretty bad injuries last year. I don't remember what they were, but I believe it was something like a thumb and knee injury. I think what happened with Kaepernick was that NFL defenses caught up to him, and he didn't have the ability to counteract them. He lost his confidence, and there you have it. Does he have the ability to get back to a high level? Don't know, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If we were a contender and our starting QB went down for the reason I would consider looking at names like Kapernick.

But since we're not it makes a lot more sense to go get and develop a rookie that could serve us for a long time to come.

And who would that be? ;)

If we were a contender and our starting QB went down for the reason I would consider looking at names like Kapernick.

But since we're not it makes a lot more sense to go get and develop a rookie that could serve us for a long time to come.

Yeah, as of today I'd much rather go with a guy like Goff. But like I said, it's intriguing to me that's for sure.

Archived