THE BROWNS BOARD

Minny Blocks Coach From Coming To Browns

Kvoethe

Report: Vikings block running backs coach from taking job with Browns

Jan 16 2016, 5:32 PMJoe Thomson

The Minnesota Vikings want to hang on to running backs coach Kirby Wilson.

The team is blocking Wilson from accepting the Cleveland Browns offer to become their running game coordinator at this time, according to Josina Anderson of ESPN.

However, John Wooten of the Fritz Pollard Alliance Foundation - an organization that promotes diversity among NFL staffs - will lobby the Vikings to allow Wilson to accept the Browns job, according to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com.

Wilson has also had coaching stints with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New England Patriots, and the Washington Redskins.

I call it more like HC Mike Zimmer now in Minn. saying FU Hue. From being together in Cinny? Crazy yes, but Zimmer is a dick imo in or out of division..

He also coached with the steelers from 2007-2013. Usually if its blocked the team that is doing the blocking has larger plans for the coach. The Steelers blocked Keith Butler a bunch of times because he was the heir apparent to Lebeau.

Keith Butler, lol.

Z

Defense is better and will continue to get better. Sack totals have improved, as has the forcing of turnovers. Bend but don't break until we can get our second round corner back from IR.

He also coached with the steelers from 2007-2013. Usually if its blocked the team that is doing the blocking has larger plans for the coach. The Steelers blocked Keith Butler a bunch of times because he was the heir apparent to Lebeau.

Welcome back!

I don't know about you guys but since Hue was hired I've seen about 40 references to this Fritz Pollard foundation....in connection with Hue, a DC we were considering, and now this rb coach. It's clear this bs foundation and Hue are tight. Not exactly thrilled to hear of this nonsense.

I don't know about you guys but since Hue was hired I've seen about 40 references to this Fritz Pollard foundation....in connection with Hue, a DC we were considering, and now this rb coach. It's clear this bs foundation and Hue are tight. Not exactly thrilled to hear of this nonsense.

So what are you saying? Too black?

Report: Vikings block running backs coach from taking job with Browns

Jan 16 2016, 5:32 PMJoe Thomson

The Minnesota Vikings want to hang on to running backs coach Kirby Wilson.

The team is blocking Wilson from accepting the Cleveland Browns offer to become their running game coordinator at this time, according to Josina Anderson of ESPN.

However, John Wooten of the Fritz Pollard Alliance Foundation - an organization that promotes diversity among NFL staffs - will lobby the Vikings to allow Wilson to accept the Browns job, according to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com.

Wilson has also had coaching stints with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New England Patriots, and the Washington Redskins.

Is a "Running Game Coordinator" a step up from "Running backs coach"? I understand that a team can stop a lateral move....but is this considered lateral, or an upward promotion"

Never heard of them. What are they, a black supremacist group?

WSS

Not exactly.....but their goal is to achieve overrepresentation of black coaches/FO amongst NFL teams. While I am in favor of it somewhat....I do not think they should go overboard. Also....I do not believe that they are in favor of "minority" hiring per se.....as I do not think they have ever advocated for non black minorities.

Example: they are making a big push to put Tony Dungy into the HOF. He being the first black coach to win the Super Bowl.

But where is the push to put Tom Flores in. He was Hispanic....and won 2 Super Bowl titles as HC. There should be a push for his inclusion.

Archived