THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton The Player Is Nearing Doneness. Enter Peyton The Coach?

sisky fringo

The peyton the player era looks done after 2016.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of him starting his NFL coaching career right now under Hue as our OC?

• Hell yes I'm all in!
    • Hmmmm...maybe
    • No.
    • I hate Peyton Manning's stupid Nationwide face.

would you be open to Peyton starting his NFL coaching career under Hue as our OC?

i'd be all in. it's the perfect home for scenariosomeone with limited experience...a limited role available with training wheels on that no one super high quality would probably want, in a place no one has been highly successful for a very long time.

sure, starting as QB coach would have it's merits but it's Peyton Fucking Manning...for him to retire and take zero time off after football it very well may take the Offensive Coordinator position to get him to entertain the possibility...again very limited role with lots of support.

He's still got an AFC championship game to play.

And it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks, he won't be coaching the Browns next year - I'd love to see him in some capacity, but it isn't happening soon

Completely agree.

Not interested... and I have a feeling that neither is Hue.

That is the most logical statement that could be made ... Hue is his own man..

I don't think he knows how to throw a tight spiral anymore. His passes are so wobbly!

And you know what they say about weebles wobbling. They do the opposite of what London Bridge does.

Therefore, l foresee Manning starting his NFL career off with the London expansion team. Rothliesberger will be the quarterbacks coach.

I'd give him a shot. He's gifted at reading defenses. But then again so is Bernie Kosar.

I loved Bernie when he was a commentator on pre season games. He gave a detailed analysis of everything that was going on. You could actually learn something when he was doing it.

I loved Bernie when he was a commentator on pre season games. He gave a detailed analysis of everything that was going on.

Often before it happened...

would you be open to Peyton starting his NFL coaching career under Hue as our OC?

i'd be all in. it's the perfect home for scenariosomeone with limited experience...a limited role available with training wheels on that no one super high quality would probably want, in a place no one has been highly successful for a very long time.

sure, starting as QB coach would have it's merits but it's Peyton Fucking Manning...for him to retire and take zero time off after football it very well may take the Offensive Coordinator position to get him to entertain the possibility...again very limited role with lots of support.

Har- Manning probably makes more money doing those Nationwide & Pappa John's commercials than he would as an assistant coach in the NFL- and the hours are way better.

I could see him in a front office role, but not as a coach.

Not interested... and I have a feeling that neither is Hue.

I have a feeling neither is Peyton.

I imagine he will try for one more healthy year unless they win it all this year.

And then ... maybe take a year off?

There is also the possibility ... maybe he doesn't wanna coach?

In any event, we just hired an offensive guy to run the team, we won't be remotely interested for a while.

Zombo

One thing you have to look at is how this shakes down in most cases. How many elite level QB's are working in the NFL currently as coaches?

I see him getting more into the front office side of things if at all. Obviously the guy has football coursing through his veins but retiring at 40 with no stress and hundreds of millions of dollars isn't a bad gig either. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he never does anything in football again.

From player to OC????

Absolutely not.

Two different skill sets and OC is way up the coaching totem pole.

I believe Manning is coaching material, perhaps, but - first of all - he could work for one of the networks and keep many of his endorsements.

I don't think he knows how to throw a tight spiral anymore. His passes are so wobbly!

And you know what they say about weebles wobbling. They do the opposite of what London Bridge does.

Therefore, l foresee Manning starting his NFL career off with the London expansion team. Rothliesberger will be the quarterbacks coach.

Peyton's passing style is catching on.

Har- Manning probably makes more money doing those Nationwide & Pappa John's commercials than he would as an assistant coach in the NFL- and the hours are way better.

I could see him in a front office role, but not as a coach.

Peyton will be in high demand as a TV analyst.

Yup... fix the nose and undeviate his septum and turn him loose.

"Ah shucks."

His twitter handle I guess.

Though you may not want to mess with his nose. Sometimes it is a person's nose that gives them their desired personality....and messing with it messes with that trait.

See: Jennifer Grey.

Archived