THE BROWNS BOARD

Wounded Warrior Project Accused Of Spending Donor Money On Parties

jbluhm86

This comes from Fox news after Trump announces he's skipping the debate to do a fundraiser for our wounded warriors.

Hmm.......

I saw this yesterday on CBS national news. it is a story that needs to be reported on if a charitable organization is wasting too much money that should be going to those in need.

all charities do this folks. Charities are just slush funds for people that couldn't figure out how to run a real business. This is why I never give shit to any of them. I know better. You're lucky if 10 cents out of every dollar goes to the intended cause. Running a charity shouldn't be done free of charge, but it wasn't meant to make the people stinking rich...which a lot of them are. I have no issue with paying people who run a competent non profit well, but they're expenses and salaries need to be transparent as fuck.

all charities do this folks. Charities are just slush funds for people that couldn't figure out how to run a real business. This is why I never give shit to any of them. I know better. You're lucky if 10 cents out of every dollar goes to the intended cause. Running a charity shouldn't be done free of charge, but it wasn't meant to make the people stinking rich...which a lot of them are. I have no issue with paying people who run a competent non profit well, but they're expenses and salaries need to be transparent as fuck.

Charities need to pay salaries as well. Of course not everything you donate goes on the cause. That being said, the good ones are giving around 80-90% of the money raised to the relevant research or whatever.

That being said, the good ones are giving around 80-90% of the money raised to the relevant research or whatever.

You are pure as the driven snow if you believe any charity gets 80-90% of the money it collects to it's intended cause. I would love that to be true of course. I just don't believe it for one flaming ass hair of a second.

You are pure as the driven snow if you believe any charity gets 80-90% of the money it collects to it's intended cause. I would love that to be true of course. I just don't believe it for one flaming ass hair of a second.

I've worked with charities?

The CEO of Wounded Warriors makes $375,000 a year. Seems a bit steep to me. About 60 percent of monies collected actually go to wounded veterans with 40 percent going for operating costs. Too high for me.

That does seem a bit steep, but you have to remember that some of these charities are as big as many national and international corporations, and running them is no easier than running a for-profit business. You still need to find people with the ability to do so, and that means you have to pay the going rate.

That does seem a bit steep, but you have to remember that some of these charities are as big as many national and international corporations, and running them is no easier than running a for-profit business. You still need to find people with the ability to do so, and that means you have to pay the going rate.

I don't disagree but think they can do a little better in getting more aid to the vets and less on operating costs.

Charity Navigator didn't rate them all that bad but I still think they can improve IMO.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12842#.VqkBdE-N4SU

I've worked with charities?

well if you have different experiences than I than so be it. I'm a jaded fuck full disclosure. I assume the absolute worst of humans. I have no experience with large multi national charities but I do with local 501's, and I see no reason to believe that large charities operate vastly different.

well if you have different experiences than I than so be it. I'm a jaded fuck full disclosure. I assume the absolute worst of humans. I have no experience with large multi national charities but I do with local 501's, and I see no reason to believe that large charities operate vastly different.

The one in particular that I work with is not huge, but exists in many countries around the world. Money raised goes on the general 'charity' aspect of it, but a lot also goes on admin costs (including wages). It pays shit though.

Compare to things like cancer research, most of that money actually goes to funding the research, but that could also mean paying the wages of the lab techs, the researchers, the head scientists, the science 'strategists' and things like that all the way up.

Hey boys, just a little heads up. Donald Trump Support the wounded warriors initiative. Does that help you understand why the investigation and the smear campaign? Think really hard.

WSS

Does any politician not support the Wounded Warriors Project?

Well I did hear that his counter debate tactic would donate the proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Foundation. So I'm not surprised that someone did some digging and found some dirt.

WSS

You mean Fox News would publish a story to protect their financial interest in a political debate. Oh gosh no, Fox News does everything right the way a good god-fearing conservative christian would.

Archived