THE BROWNS BOARD

If BQ played any other position...

We need Tom Tupa

We would still be calling for him. This isnt a DA hatefest, it's a team with alot of problems and depth at only 1 position.

Imagine if we had Antonio Cromartie (#19 pick in '06), would we be happy if he hadnt seen a single down of action this year behind McDonald and Cousin?

How about if Manny Lawson was on the roster (#22 in '06)? Would you be silent if he was glued to the bench behind McGinest?

Joseph Addai (#30 in '06) behind Lewis and Wright?

Anthony Gonzalez (#32 in '07) behind our revolving door at WR?

Of course not!! We have seen big problems at the QB position and we have a 1st round backup. This isnt an anti-QB bias, it's the NFL. What is the reason that Quinn hasnt seen the field? Why is anyone okay with that????

Guest ATENEARS

You mention positions that have more than one position (CB's, LB's, RB's, ect...).

What if Brady Quinn were behind Joe Thomas ... opps, another position where his backup could fit on the line somewhere.

There is not really a good arguement to make in this regard.

You mention positions that have more than one position (CB's, LB's, RB's, ect...).

What if Brady Quinn were behind Joe Thomas ... opps, another position where his backup could fit on the line somewhere.

There is not really a good arguement to make in this regard.

Ate...that was lame and you know it. The fact is we would be calling for the backup if we had a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK and the starter was sucking...no matter the position.

DA isn't an exception...and hasn't earned anything different.

Take out that factor. Force yourself to answer the question instead of avoiding it. Imagine a world where the only way Cromartie gets in is if McDonald sits. Would you be okay with McDonald playing every down?

Imagine Lewis has to sit for Addai to get in. Happy with continuity there?

Ate, we failed to get a first down on 5 straight possessions. He is rated behind Orton, Ryan, Cassell, Frerotte, Orlovsky(!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Flacco, O'sullivan, Collins, Russell, and almost every other QB in the league.

He has ONE game with rating over 100 in his last 17 games. Is one very good game a year really enough to grant unquestioned job security at the most important position on the field?

Guest ATENEARS

Why get all bent at me?

I've made my own comments about when and where I would have seen if Quinn could have gotten us a spark. I just can't see blaming this game on DA.

If you are stating that we should have paraded out Quinn after the Suggs INT TD return, well then if you think that would have done something positive for anyone, that's your opinion. I don't see where you sit Anderson at any other point in that game and you certainly don't give Quinn his debut on a short week with Thusrday's game in three days.

Want to revist this at halftime Thursday? Sorry for sounding more intrigued with other elements of the team as this point.

It's not being a smart ass by stating that McDonalds potential replacement would be seen first when we could go to 5 DB's on passing downs, and linemen could be swapped or played in normal rotations also ... it's just not an apples for apples comparison. I understand where your going, what would you like me to say?

He don't play another position that we'd waste such high draft picks on and pay so handsomely for the back-up position for.

As we've discussed before, Quinn just isn't as effective as Anderson.

You've discussed this with whom, Lumbergh?

We don't know how effective Quinn could be , as he's never really played a meaningful snap. We know Anderson's not effective.

What do we have to lose, really? A couple of bandwagon DA fans?

Great point, Toop.

And Ate, the better question would be: what if Joe Thomas was on the bench behind Kevin Schaffer?

Would anybody be okay with that too?

DA is not the only problem on this team, I agree. But he IS a problem.

We can argue about how big a problem he is or isn't all we want but to say DA is NOT a problem is really just silly.

He's close to the bottom of NFL QBs. We are 3-5 and the two worst losses were the Ravens games where DA was below average.

When a season goes bad, EVERYBODY needs to be held accountable, but it all starts and ends with the QB.

Imagine if we had Antonio Cromartie (#19 pick in '06), would we be happy if he hadnt seen a single down of action this year behind McDonald and Cousin?

Ha! Nice example.... Cromartie the Pro Bowl Starter.

How about an analogy about Quinn that doesn't involve the best players in the league, for those of us who aren't gay

A better example would be if you would want to bench 2007 Pro Bowl Alternate TE Kellen Winslow for 2008 1st Round TE selection Dustin Keller. I'm guessing no.

One other little problem with this is that QB's don't rotate between starters and backups throughout a game. So at most other positions the backup would get a least a little time.

all starts and ends with the QB
ESPECIALLY when that is a problem we have the tools to address.

Believe me, I'm not satisfied with the play from our WRs, CBs, LBs, or many others for that matter. But there isnt a plausible solution to those problems right now.

On the other hand, it is quite plausible to believe that Quinn could improve the QB position, or at least give us something different without a big dropoff in performance.

Imagine a world where the only way Cromartie gets in is if McDonald sits.

That's either a spot-on analogy, or you're simply a Cromartie Fag. icon_lol.gif

I think he's extremely overhyped, but he was drafted at a good spot for the comparison. And I would be screaming my head off for him if he was riding the bench in Cleveland right now.

Imagine a world where the only way Cromartie gets in is if McDonald sits.

That's either a spot-on analogy, or you're simply a Cromartie Fag. icon_lol.gif

Hey there self-proclaimed BQ fag, here's a couple of tid bits of information:

Brandon McDonald didn't go to the Pro Bowl last year.

And Cromartie sure as hell isn't an untested rookie.

This comparison is as back-asswards as they get.

We don't know how effective Quinn could be , as he's never really played a meaningful snap.

No, as BQ Nation would love to forget, Quinn started two games this preseason. Any further questions on the subject of why he doesn't play can be referred to those game tapes and the post game pressers from RAC.

Anderson is the leader of this team!?!?! Are you f'ing serious??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

You are delusional.

Is Bernie Kosar delusional too then? Do you know more than him and RAC?

Bernie will also go down swinging for freaking Ken Dorsey, as he proved in preseason. Bernie supports whoever is playing at the time, he did the same for Frye and he did the same for Couch.

Don't pretend to know Bernie, stick with your high school coach.

Do you know more than him and RAC

"Knowing more" simply isn't the issue here (and in relation to RAC, I'm not so sure what he knows any longer...I used to think any coach who touched B Parcells was gold, but RAC and Weis are starting to give me serious doubts).

ANYWAY, there is a phenomenon called coachspeak (quoted from the Daily Orange, no less!), which I'm sure you're familiar with. The jargon usage is only part of it. Coaches never say ANYTHING of substance, well except for Jim Mora Sr. You've watched enough RAC pressers to realize this, I hope.

I take what RAC, Savage, and other coaches/GMs say with less than a grain of salt. I don't even listen. It's all coach/GMspeak bullcrap.

Anderson is the leader of this team!?!?! Are you f'ing serious??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

You are delusional.

Is Bernie Kosar delusional too then? Do you know more than him and RAC?

Have you ever played an organized team sport?? It is blatenly obvious that many players on the offense have a lack of confidence in DAs ability to get the job done. Watch the players as they come off the field. Watch Vickers and DA get into it. DA is a chump. He will NEVER be a leader of a successful NFL team.

Who cares what Bernie Kosar thinks. His job is to support whoever is in at starting QB. What do you expect, Bernie to bash the starting QB...get a grip dude.

Have you ever played an organized team sport??

Yeah. Have you?

Have you also noticed that the guy I support is the starter and takes all the snaps?

The only thing blatantly obvious is that you are gay.

Sure did...even in college. Gay...not exactly. I'm actually pretty upset that we lost yesterday. I'm hoping to be very gay after we win the game on Thursday.

Good comeback dude. You're almost up to par with Bengals fans. What are you in 8th grade?

Archived