THE BROWNS BOARD

Which scenario helps the Browns most?

JewDago

Which scenario helps the Browns most?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the one you think will help the Browns most

• KC trades with Denver, Curry falls to five
    • Denver trades us the 12th & 18th for our first-rounder and our fourth-rounder
    • Denver trades us the 18th for Quinn
    • We draft Crabtree at five
    • We draft Orakpo at five

people are sprouting rumors and conjecture that the broncos might want to move up and snag either of the top-tier QBs after losing cutler.

with that in mind, would you guys rather see us pick up extra first-round picks for either quinn or our fifth overall, see denver trade with KC and have curry fall to us, or do you think that crabtree or orakpo would help us more than any of the other scenarios?

Good poll, JD.

Since 4 and 5 are the only choices that do not involve trade speculation, I guess it's between those two. I'm choosing Crabtree.

I really doubt KC and Denver make a trade, they are division rivals and that kind of trade would make too big of an impact for either of them to want to risk it.

That leaves a toss up between 12 and 18 or Crabtree for me.

Denver trades us the 12th & 18th for our first-rounder and our fourth-rounder.

Best option for us.

We could still probably snap up Rey Maualuga at 12th and with the 18th and our 2nd rounders could grab Alex Mac or Eric Wood and either a safety, corner, running back or wide receiver. Honestly I'd take a running back and wide receiver and gun for a top safety in next year's draft, it looks promising grabbing a long term starter in the 1st.

We could probably move DA and a later round pick and get an outside linebacker like Matthews day of the draft.

That could give us 2 starting linebackers, a starting center, a starting wide receiver and a solid tandem back.

It would go a long way to fixing some real holes we've got.

Sure, it's a fantasy but it'd be freaking sweet to see it happen.

Choices 1 & 2 are a "coin flip" for me. I don't see how we could go wrong with either. Part of me believes that Rey would be a more disruptive presence in the middle than Curry...not better, just more disruptive, & there is value there for an aggressive D. Then add the outside rusher.

Mike

the 2nd option (12th, 18th, for 5th and our 4th rounder) will never happen. Why?

Because:

the 5th is worth 1,700 points

the 12th is worth 1,200 points

the 18th is worth 900 points

that means we still owe them 400 points, which consequently is the 50th pick overall, which the Browns have.

Denver would be losing approximately 300 points, a late 2nd or early third round pick, if they only accepted our 4th.

Andy

Archived