THE BROWNS BOARD

My Five reasons why we lost...

gmyers

1) Braylon, Braylon, Braylon….oh our favorite Michigan receiver drops two more. Besides the obvious drop for a sure score, he dropped another ball late in the fourth near the sidelines. I just don’t understand him. Makes the circus catches but drops the ones that are layed right in his hands.

2) 3rd and 16 Browns up by 14 and the Ravens with a rookie QB are down at there 7 yard line. Instead of the all out blitz, Romeo and DC Melvin Tucker decide to only rush 4 and we let Flaco have all day to throw… eventually hits Clayton for a first down . Could of really iced it there.

3) Sean Jones are Brodney Poll decided to have there worst game as a Brown. Sean Jones was lost out in centerfield and Brodney missed 3 open field tackles.

4) Played way to conservative in the second half. How many times did Chud run the ball on the first two downs and than have to pass on 3rd and long. How about a end around to Cribbs at least instead of running Jamal between the tackles.

5) Could not stop the run when it mattered.

In saying this we need to win vs Denver to give us any hope for the playoffs. I know its a long shot but who knows with this waterdown AFC. Here we go Brownies...Here we Go!!

You have 15 minutes to make changes | Edit Discussion | Delete discussion

My Five reasons why we lost...

1) Braylon, Braylon, Braylon….oh our favorite Michigan receiver drops two more. Besides the obvious drop for a sure score, he dropped another ball late in the fourth near the sidelines. I just don’t understand him. Makes the circus catches but drops the ones that are layed right in his hands.

2) 3rd and 16 Browns up by 14 and the Ravens with a rookie QB are down at there 7 yard line. Instead of the all out blitz, Romeo and DC Melvin Tucker decide to only rush 4 and we let Flaco have all day to throw… eventually hits Clayton for a first down . Could of really iced it there.

3) Sean Jones are Brodney Poll decided to have there worst game as a Brown. Sean Jones was lost out in centerfield and Brodney missed 3 open field tackles.

4) Played way to conservative in the second half. How many times did Chud run the ball on the first two downs and than have to pass on 3rd and long. How about a end around to Cribbs at least instead of running Jamal between the tackles.

5) Could not stop the run when it mattered.

In saying this we need to win vs Denver to give us any hope for the playoffs. I know its a long shot but who knows with this waterdown AFC.

Guest Masters
this thread is not getting much traction because its not a anti DA thread and it makes too much sense.

Take off the DA blinders will you. Just about every person in the DA threads has said DA isn't the only reason the Browns lost. But he sealed the deal.

Again, DA's drop was not a TD, so stop calling it a TD. He would have been tackled right where he dropped it if he caught it. The way DA had them going three and out, they would have then lined up for a 37 yard FG 4 plays later.

Stop calling it a dropped TD.

Are these in order? Mine are (I only have 4)

1) Playcalling. BAD BAD BAD BAD. Your guys can't make plays if you don't put them into position to win

2) Defensive execution. For whatever reason our entire secondary sucked. Even our DLine wasn't that good today. Just a bad day defensively both from a playcalling standpoint and execution of poor playcalling.

3) Anderson/Edwards - kind of a tie on this one. They both did things at critical points in the game that could have won it or directly cost us the game. I don't think Edwards drop was as devstating as Anderson's interception because the drop came with a time left, whereas the interception led directly to a 10 point advantage for BAL with little time left. On the flipside, whereas Anderson's int sealed the loss, Edward's drop deflated the entire offense from that point forward. I say: Too close to call. They both suck. So there.

Guest Masters
Again, DA's drop was not a TD, so stop calling it a TD. He would have been tackled right where he dropped it if he caught it. The way DA had them going three and out, they would have then lined up for a 37 yard FG 4 plays later.

But it sounds better that way.

Kind of like how it is okay to count jump ball TDs from DA that BE has to wrestle away from a DB, but you can't count BQs preseason TD.

This crap is now just about pride and being right on a message board, which is lame. The crap I have been seeing makes me think people aren't even watching the games for more the 10 minutes.

Guest ATENEARS

Even a FG would have been nice. Instead the next time we touched the ball we had it at the 8-yard line and a penalty on Winslow re-started us at the 4 yard line.

A FG and kick-off would have given us 3-points and better field position.

But then again, I liked our chances; I know our running game don't bring much hope in the Red Zone, but DA converted from the 28 yardline after Crinbbs made a big return and again when we had a 1st-down at the 15 and he dumped-off (he can do that?) to Wright for a 7-yrd TD on 3rd down, putting us up by 14-points. We converted those times and a FG another time .... at least we came away with points.

Guest ATENEARS

But it sounds better that way.

Kind of like how it is okay to count jump ball TDs from DA that BE has to wrestle away from a DB, but you can't count BQs preseason TD.

This crap is now just about pride and being right on a message board, which is lame. The crap I have been seeing makes me think people aren't even watching the games for more the 10 minutes.

Yeah, as if playing pretend is so much more 'official' and evidence that you watched the whole game.

What if Winslow gets in the end zone two game ago and not taking down like a rag doll at the one?

What if BE & Stallworth actually threw a block and Heiden someones gets in at his turtle pace last week?

What if Stallworth don't get taken out at the one and adds a third TD pass to DA's stats?

What if Winslow doesn't cough up a pass to Ray Lewis (You know, like Heiden didn't do this week after getting popped after the catch?)

What if Braylon runs at least a remotly decent pattern in Baltimore and doesn't sell-out to Ed Reed for that Pick-6?

What if Jamal Lewis and the O-line actually converted just ONE first down in the second half on Sunday? (Oh, my bad ... forgot that the Ravens are too tough).

What if Braylon catches that bomb that hit him on his shit hands to open up the Dallas game?

What if Braylon only had 8 drops instead of 14, pick a six pack, any six pack ....

Even a FG would have been nice. Instead the next time we touched the ball we had it at the 8-yard line and a penalty on Winslow re-started us at the 4 yard line.

A FG and kick-off would have given us 3-points and better field position.

But then again, I liked our chances; I know our running game don't bring much hope in the Red Zone, but DA converted from the 28 yardline after Crinbbs made a big return and again when we had a 1st-down at the 15 and he dumped-off (he can do that?) to Wright for a 7-yrd TD on 3rd down, putting us up by 14-points. We converted those times and a FG another time .... at least we came away with points.

Oh hell, I'm not trying to say we couldn't have used dickhead to catch the ball, I'm just stating that more than likely we come away with 3 and the game is far from over.

Did I mention that I now officially hate Edwards?

Guest Masters

No, but I'll not it.

Hey where is Rich & Ghoolie ... did they celebrate too hard last night?

Ghoolie was slightly celebrating on the other board.

Rich is probably waiting to see what happens in the Steelers game first.

I agree with your 5 reasons.

Something has to be done about Edwards and his drops. I know Romeo doesn't have the vagina to sit the bastard out of a couple series to really slap it into him that dropping the ball is some serious business.

Of course, you left DA out completely. The reason we lost the game is because with 3 minutes left and the ball in his hands, he sealed the loss for us instead of putting us in position to win, or winning it for us.

He's a loser. And a loser at the helm coupled with a loser head coach is a loser team with a loser general manager and a loser owner.

This city deserves better - losing gets tired after a while.

This is not about being "right" or "wrong". This is about how most fans OVERSIMPLIFY a very fast paced complex game that appears simple. That is why this is a TEAM game run by MULTI MILLION dollar business organizations with hundreds of employees.

Here are some FACTS: BOTH Tucker and Vickers were out the entire game. WE could not run for shit. Jamal has lost some of his speed burst. Steinbach was out in the 4th which puts BOTH of our starting Gaurds out in a critical quarter along with our best blocking fullback.

We have only ONE consistent dependable reciever KW who cant block for shit.

BE is not dependable and we have 5-9 steptoe 3rd string reciever as a number two and they brought back Sanders.

When you cant run, you only have ONE guy who is truly dependable where does that put us? Right back to where we were at the beginning of the season losing games.

FACT: DA in the last 5 games against good teams and defenses is: 3 and 2

qb rating 85.94

comp rating : 53.16

7tds 2 ints

209 yds per game

This while our running game is crap. I dont hear a whole lot about our TERRIBLE RUSHING GAME. How much do you think that puts pressure on the passing offense? We get pretty predictable when we cant run against anyone.

The defensive rushing stats are not to good but I happen to think that is definately affected by our lack of being able to run the ball and keep a sustained drive and give those very large guys a breather. Not to mention Jones has not been playing well and or linebackers are a bit of a problem at times.

Guest Masters
This is not about being "right" or "wrong". This is about how most fans OVERSIMPLIFY a very fast paced complex game that appears simple. That is why this is a TEAM game run by MULTI MILLION dollar business organizations with hundreds of employees.

Here are some FACTS: BOTH Tucker and Vickers were out the entire game. WE could not run for shit. Jamal has lost some of his speed burst. Steinbach was out in the 4th which puts BOTH of our starting Gaurds out in a critical quarter along with our best blocking fullback.

We have only ONE consistent dependable reciever KW who cant block for shit.

BE is not dependable and we have 5-9 steptoe 3rd string reciever as a number two and they brought back Sanders.

When you cant run, you only have ONE guy who is truly dependable where does that put us? Right back to where we were at the beginning of the season losing games.

FACT: DA in the last 5 games against good teams and defenses is: 3 and 2

qb rating 85.94

comp rating : 53.16

7tds 2 ints

209 yds per game

This while our running game is crap. I dont hear a whole lot about our TERRIBLE RUSHING GAME. How much do you think that puts pressure on the passing offense? We get pretty predictable when we cant run against anyone.

The defensive rushing stats are not to good but I happen to think that is definately affected by our lack of being able to run the ball and keep a sustained drive and give those very large guys a breather. Not to mention Jones has not been playing well and or linebackers are a bit of a problem at times.

But youw ere one of the people telling us DA was why the running game was good last year!!!!!

The rushing game has been adequet the last serveral games. Not against BALT, but no one runs on them.

53% completion rate!!!! That is not good at all.

Doesn't matter, you can put your DA jersey up on ebay, because he is now done.

master you go and put up that post. I would have never stated that. We did use the pass game to open up the run game last year but I would have never credited DA directly for Jamals success. Maybe for getting the ball down to short goal line situations that did help pump up his tds stats.

Dont be so quick to say that DA is done. nothing has been decided yet.

I still don't get where u guys are coming from that keep saying that it's not DA's fault we are where we are. I know we've had other issues, but he's the one that keeps staring everyone down each week. What's wrong with trying quinn to see how he does. All I want is for cleveland to get out of this hole its been in not just this season, but for years....is that so wrong? I keep seeing teams all over the league that have less talent than we do and they're getting it done.

master you go and put up that post. I would have never stated that. We did use the pass game to open up the run game last year but I would have never credited DA directly for Jamals success. Maybe for getting the ball down to short goal line situations that did help pump up his tds stats.

Dont be so quick to say that DA is done. nothing has been decided yet.

Uh...yeah. It has.

What if Winslow gets in the end zone two game ago and not taking down like a rag doll at the one?

What if BE & Stallworth actually threw a block and Heiden someones gets in at his turtle pace last week?

What if Stallworth don't get taken out at the one and adds a third TD pass to DA's stats?

What if Winslow doesn't cough up a pass to Ray Lewis (You know, like Heiden didn't do this week after getting popped after the catch?)

What if Braylon runs at least a remotly decent pattern in Baltimore and doesn't sell-out to Ed Reed for that Pick-6?

What if Jamal Lewis and the O-line actually converted just ONE first down in the second half on Sunday? (Oh, my bad ... forgot that the Ravens are too tough).

What if Braylon catches that bomb that hit him on his shit hands to open up the Dallas game?

What if Braylon only had 8 drops instead of 14, pick a six pack, any six pack ....

The list of how bad DA has played this season is longer.

Guest Ghoolie

No, but I'll not it.

Hey where is Rich & Ghoolie ... did they celebrate too hard last night?

Ghoolie was slightly celebrating on the other board.

Rich is probably waiting to see what happens in the Steelers game first.

Celebrating what? The dumbshit Browns taking it up the axx again. Oh yeah man, that makes me happpeeeee

Only reason I have said BE dropped a sure TD is because everything I have read said it was a sure TD (articles not on this board). I watched the first 3 quarters but I had to miss the 4th quarter. Most of what I have seen have blamed the loss on the entire team. But, I have seen many say that DA played poorly. He didn't, DA played well and if BE catches the easy one then DA plays a great game. And yes that TD that BE did catch was a great catch and yes it does mean alot more than a TD in preseason by BQ that steptoe stole from the DB. They were both sure ints that became TDS though if that was the comparision you were making.

BQ is the starter now, so I will get behind BQ. Hope he has half as good as people think he is. I expect growing pains and a learning curve. Though the advantage he has I guess is that if he does as good as DA did last year his first 8 games he won't have the defenses figuring him out until next year.

Archived