THE BROWNS BOARD

Brexit

gftChris

UK to have a referendum on whether to stay in the EU on June 23rd. Actual geopolitics here, this could impact the world economy in a tangible way in the short and long term.

I'll post important updates here if people are interested.

What is your take on it, Chris?

Really see absolutely no purpose in leaving, and those who want to leave are just drawing arbitrary lines about where they want control over their laws. For example, I live in London, and we have a London mayor and local government, who determine local laws; I also live in England which is subject to English laws (which can very from scottish or welsh); I also live in the UK which is subject to UK laws; I also live in the EU which is subject to EU laws. I also live in the UN, which is subject to UN laws. And yet apparently the EU is the one people want to opt out of.

People complain about those coming to the UK and not working - well, London earns a hell of a lot more in tax than the rest of the country, yet we see much, much less of it per person than the rest of the country. Why shouldn't London become independent?

Would you support abandoning the pound sterling for the year Euro?

WSS

The euro is a different issue, and there's concern on either side. It's difficult to have a single currency working well in countries with such different economic policies. Ultimately, though, the world will end up with a single currency, probably the earth dollar or some such.

The euro is a different issue, and there's concern on either side. It's difficult to have a single currency working well in countries with such different economic policies. Ultimately, though, the world will end up with a single currency, probably the earth dollar or some such.

And soon after that UFP credits.

:)

WSS

Isn't this around the same thing we have here in the USA?

I live in a city with its own government,in a county with its own government, in a state with its own government, in a country with its own government

Isn't this around the same thing we have here in the USA?

I live in a city with its own government,in a county with its own government, in a state with its own government, in a country with its own government

It's a pretty loose but decent analogy, yeah. In some ways we're the united states of europe.

what kind of show? I didn't hear this. In any case, it won't be "top gear". It has to be "top gear", it has to be on the BBC....and it has to be Jeremy, Richard and James.

Well, that's not happening. There's a clean break - jeremy, richard and james are now working for amazon, along with the old director/producer from the BBC days (the 'brains' behind the show) on an as yet unnamed show, due for release in the autumn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3335428/Jeremy-Clarkson-films-Amazon-James-Richard-Hammond.html

Meanwhile, BBC has drafted in a raft of new presenters, but the main one will be Chris Evans (not captain america, different one), alongside Matt le Blanc, among others.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/only-chris-evans-and-matt-leblanc-will-be-on-top-gear-every-week/

Do you need picture ID to vote in England? If not, I will fly there and vote for the exit.

You need a voter card, which you get in the mail by registering.

Why exit? Aside from trying to be cantankerous, is there any legitimate reason you would see for leaving?

You need a voter card, which you get in the mail by registering.

Why exit? Aside from trying to be cantankerous, is there any legitimate reason you would see for leaving?

I think it's common in modern and ancient history that people like to think of themselves as independent. I guess that most groups that splinter off don't have any real pressing need to.

But historically we spent a lot of money and killed a lot of people for the right to change the name of a few million acres of land and hoist a different color flag.

WSS

I think it's common in modern and ancient history that people like to think of themselves as independent. I guess that most groups that splinter off don't have any real pressing need to.

But historically we spent a lot of money and killed a lot of people for the right to change the name of a few million acres of land and hoist a different color flag.

WSS

humans are just the best aren't they?

Well, that's not happening. There's a clean break - jeremy, richard and james are now working for amazon, along with the old director/producer from the BBC days (the 'brains' behind the show) on an as yet unnamed show, due for release in the autumn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3335428/Jeremy-Clarkson-films-Amazon-James-Richard-Hammond.html

Meanwhile, BBC has drafted in a raft of new presenters, but the main one will be Chris Evans (not captain america, different one), alongside Matt le Blanc, among others.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/only-chris-evans-and-matt-leblanc-will-be-on-top-gear-every-week/

I cannot wait for the new top gear! HAMMOND! YOU IDIOT!

Archived