THE BROWNS BOARD

Cutler reportedly "wanted no part of" Eric Mangini

Guest mz.

...my guess is a bit of both.

Mangini reportedly was willing to give up Brady Quinn in a deal for Cutler. Quinn, who played for former Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis at Notre Dame, might have been a good fit in McDaniels' system. But Cook made it clear when talks began that Cutler wanted no part of Mangini, and fears that he wouldn't report to the Browns shut down that deal.

Perhaps the reason we didn't trade Quinn for Cutler is b/c Cutler never would have shown up.

via here.

All speculation and rumors at this point.

Guess it's time to stop posting NEWS, from MULTIPLE NEWS SOURCES. It's all rumor, after all...

Come on people. We really need to open ourselves up to the real possibility that 1) Mangini may very well not want Quinn around and 2) Mangini is kind of a dick.

If you're unwilling to consider these things, I'm sorry. You can continue living in Dreamland.

Guess it's time to stop posting NEWS, from MULTIPLE NEWS SOURCES. It's all rumor, after all...

Come on people. We really need to open ourselves up to the real possibility that 1) Mangini may very well not want Quinn around and 2) Mangini is kind of a dick.

If you're unwilling to consider these things, I'm sorry. You can continue living in Dreamland.

Is the bold statement even a debate at this point?

Seriously, based on the personna he's allowing to develop he better be the second coming of Parcells or Belichick.

This has nothing to do with either of those possibilities. Both may very well be true. I guess it all depends on which media reports you want to buy into. My point is, at this time its ALL unknown since its all based on media, that isn't getting anything from Mangini himself. Even if its true that Cutler said no way because of Mangini, maybe its because Cutler is the dick, eh? He sure isn't coming off as the mature, nice guy that gets along with everybody as of late.

Actually, (please don't die of a heart attack her mz the pussy :P ) But I have to agree with mz the pussy on this one. I personally had a problem with the Washington article because of the way it was written.

This article seem to have much mor substance to it. and the level of multiple articles that are starting to come out means there is at least some small fire to cause all this smoke.

I still believe it was more about other teams inquiring about Quinn and not Mangini actively seeking out trades. But the more numerous and different the sources become, the more it's hard to say its all speculation and rumor.

and I will say mz the pussy that this was kind of my point though. I don't jump to conclusions myself until I have multiple sources backing up a story and I think too many people jump to too many conclusions from the smallest of rumors. This now does not count as the smalles of rumors though.

You ever stopped to think that those "sources" might just be other media reports being rehashed as new stuff? Sorta like how a couple fans on a Broncos board started a rumor of Quinn and Rogers for Cutler got picked up by PFT and spread rampantly after that?

Oh, and no Dreamland stuff here. Just refuse to get all riled up over various media reports at this point. Will wait to see what happens. If the reports turn out to be true, will still wait to see what is put on the field. In the end, none of it changes my life for better or worse, I still have to work and pay bills...lol Just prefer to let real things stress me out and not things beyond my control or things sports related.

It is true we dont know what mangini is going to do next or even if he likes bq or da but i would give mankok fair warning...he really better think hard before bringing the bq nation down upon his and lerners head many fans are already fed up with the musical chairs game of in and out gms,coaches and quarterbacks this club hasnt been stable since modell left with it..this club has had more employee turnover then a local mcdonalds and it needs to stop..

If mankok isnt sure they can get this team to the playoffs with a new quarterback then it would be wise to give bq his chance...that is if he can beat DA out..

I have considered that yes. but again, the stories about that rumored trade didn't include the name of the players agent and attributing a statement to him. And each of these multiple stories mz the pussy and Al have been beating over my head ( :lol: ) have different quotes and different details.

SO I am not saying I believe all of it. But I do believe there's more to it than I originally gave credence to.

There may very well be. But then again, it could have been the Skins asking Cleveland or Denver asking Cleveland and being told no for whatever reason. Again, its why I really don't get all bent out of shape over off-season media reports. Not too many turn out to be true, or at least as true as originally reported.

that may be true.

BUt you've now given at least a more reasoned response of your opinon than to just call something someone posted "all rumors and speculation"

and if you really felt that way, why comment at all?

LOL...because its a free country (for now)? lol IMO, it IS still all rumors and speculation. I'm just outlining other possible scenarios to what you posted. But there is still NOTHING confirmed by any NAMED sources....thus, RUMOR AND SPECULATION!

You see now THIS post is the kind I think is just as rediculous as one that claims to know that Mangini doesn't like Quinn.

If fans put one player above ALL ELSE in regards to their support for the team, then IMO they aren't real fans. Hence Lum is not a real browns fan, because he only cares about what happens to DA. If the Browns getting rid of Quinn would cause you to not support the team, you are already not supporting the TEAM.

Bill Bellicheck got rid of Bernie. and while I wasn't happy with him for it. I was still a fan of the TEAM.

Lol i dont say mangini doesnt like quinn i say we dont know..you cant believe anything this time of the year even what mankok says...i support whatever the organization brings but that doesnt mean i have to like it or be silent about it...

I like bq i think he has what it takes if not here somewhere else and if mangini doesnt think he has what it takes then i will support the new qb and hope it works out and expect lerner to fire mangini if it doesnt work out and bq becomes denvers superstar overnight...not really just thought i would throw that in there...;) hehehehe

All clubs do things fans dont like but the browns just keep losing and lerner keeps hiring the wrong people im hoping mankok is the last hire for at least 10 years and the browns will finally stabilize and maybe turn into better then the mediocre status we were accustomed to pre-lerner...i like bq but in the end i support the browns regardless i am not a lums ive been a browns fan all my life and will die one..

Mangini has always been a hardass. "Team" before "me" type of guy. Is he a dick? Well, I wouldn't go that far. I would say that any man who can get the disgruntled Kris Jenkins to play for him in NY and get him to do so at a Pro Bowl level not to mention getting Big Baby somewhat quietly into OTAs can't be that bad. The players do see method to the madness. He may be many things but most of all he is very fair to the players.

You know the type. We probably all had that coach at some point who demanded a lot and we probably felt like they were too hard to please but they got results and we appreciated it.

MAYBE Cutler is a good NFL QB. For sure, he is a human ass hole.

Thankfully he won't be wearing Brown and Orange this year.

That human asshole would have been the best quarterback we've had in decades. But yeah, he's a loser (sign of an L on forehead) as a human being - according to you, for sure - so I'm also thankful that he's not a part of our team. Yes sir.

As for all of the speculation, I just can't get over how MKC and the rest of the Cleveland media continues to be scooped by the likes of the Washington Examiner. Same thing happened during the Braylon to the Giants thing. Newspapers are near death and budgets are way thin, but to continually have to source other outlets when discussing your own beat is freaking piss-poor.

Beanpot

We already had a coach who wanted to be everyones "buddy" we see where that got us.. I don't mind a coach who is a nutbuster as long as we win.. Everyone in Jacksonville (players) HATED Tom Coughlin,,the Giant players whined when they hired him..the guy wins wherever he goes.. I'll take that all day long

I think Cutler will do better with a "Player's coach" like Lovie Smith than a hard ass like Mangini.

Quinn, on the other hand will probably thrive with Mangini. Both seem like "Type A", win at all costs, go ef yourself if you are not together with the rest of us personalities ... whereas cutler seems like a modern day Sonny Jurgensen who seems to like to drink Hard (according to ESPN radio) and get his feelings hurt when he's not respected for his abilities.

Cutler seems to me like a guy that will throw for 40,000 yards and not win a Super Bowl, while Quinn, if matched up with the right coach, can get that Tom Brady "winner" tag attached to him and lead a team instead of just collecting stats.

Zombo

I had that coach in high school, his name was Joe Miller, a consummate hard ass in every sense of the word, but the guy had more Mid-Eastern 4-A championships than any other coach in NC history.

The guy got the most out of his players because he was such an SOB.

picks.

It's all about respect and belief.

Anybody remember that even where he went down the line of assistant coaches asking them who is the starting QB and they all had to say DA?

Oh yeah, I've been bringing this up since it happened. It was actually at the Brown Backers Event and Phillip had his whole scouting department there along with Trip Mckracken his capologist. He went to each one of them (about 15 altogether) and asked "who is our QB this year" and they all said DA. He was like a little Napoleon. Nobody in their right mind can tell me all those football guys really believed that crap, he was being a puppeteer. Then he goes up to Joe Thomas last and JT goes "DA???" like WTF am I supposed to say but I don't necessarily agree with it.

As far as I'm concerned myself and a ton of guys on this board know more football than Phillip and his cronies. We all saw this coming and knew he should have moved Dexter when he had the chance. Bottom line is now he and his are gone and we're left here Mancock in hand still dicking around with the Doofus from Scapoosus. It pisses me off that football guys are still trying to pretend this guys has it. Apparently those around the league don't believe it, and we're still left wondering if this regime is just as Retarded as PhilRAC.

Goddamn frustrating to see the guy the most responsible for the shape this franchise is in still here, but at least Napoleon is gone.......not that he gives a shit, I don't think he liked being a GM anyway.

I'll go with "both" on this one too.

There's a long list of players who can't stand and/or don't respect Mangini. That's not a great thing when you've limited the number of players in the NFL you can bring to your team.

However in the case of Cutler, there's probably a long list of coaches, including Mangini, that would have no patience or tolerance for such a crybaby and prima donna attitude.

Mangini would likely be in very good company among coaches who wouldn't put up with Cutler... so in this case that's not a bad thing, even if Cutler WOULD likely improve the team, the Browns would be selling their soul (and a few first round draft picks) to get him

Perhaps the reason we didn't trade Quinn for Cutler is b/c Cutler never would have shown up.

via here.

Yeah no kidding, Cutler is a whining, crybaby, immature kid. I don't want him here, and I am willing to bet EM didn't want any part of him either, so the feeling was most likely mutual.

EM is a dick because Cutler says so? LOL.

Cutler is a bitch and mangini is an a-hole...i like mangini because he is an ahole if he builds from the draft he can afford to be an ahole being an asshat only scares off would be FA leeches that dont want to work for their pay and to many of these to "the top bidder mercenaries" football is just a job and not a passion.

I for one prefer players who love the game as much or more then the money and mangini seems to feel heavily about passion for the game as a prerequisite to playing under him..

Cutler wouldnt fare well in cleveland and im pretty stunned that mankok was foolish enough to shoot for him to begin with..but who knows what mankok was up to overall..all i know is brady quinn will be far better then cutler no matter where he plays "mark these words" except perhaps cleveland where there is no good recievers and we have a hole evading slug for a running back..a god awful center and an undersized guard in steinbach it doesnt matter if we had payton manning this year..we are going to offensively blow chunks...

I often wonder if the organization is afraid if they put bq in they will actually start winning even with crappy WRs and have to keep him hence having to pay quinn big bucks..if mankok trades bq without trying him and bq develops well on another team and the browns qb doesnt develop mangini may be in for it however if bq fails to look over average he looks like mangenius...honestly i wouldnt take that gamble bq is going to be very good we should already know but we dont because of savage krispy kremes...that still leave a bad taste on this club...;)

I have a hard time believing that Cutler was asked about his feelings on Mangini, especially by the Broncos. Denver was going to take the best deal they could get and sending him to an NFC team was a bonus.

Cutler wouldnt fare well in cleveland and im pretty stunned that mankok was foolish enough to shoot for him to begin with..but who knows what mankok was up to overall..all i know is brady quinn will be far better then cutler no matter where he plays "mark these words" except perhaps cleveland where there is no good recievers and we have a hole evading slug for a running back..a god awful center and an undersized guard in steinbach it doesnt matter if we had payton manning this year..we are going to offensively blow chunks...

You can pull up any of my old posts on Steinbach and I'll stick by what I've said.

He's a good guard. He's got excellent technique and has hit his ceiling and you know what you've got in him.

Problem is he's another overachiever (think Andruzzi with a little more natural talent), so when he plays hurt it shows a lot more than a big bruiser that can push people around without using finesse to do it.

Now I'm not worried about the left guard spot with Steinbach there but I would rather see a beast lined up next to Joe.

And if you stop and think about it, take out Fraley and plug in Eric Wood or Alex Mac (only reason I put Wood first is I think we've got a better shot at getting him), guys who can handle big NTs in our division, and all of a sudden Steinbach is looking pretty damn good again. I'd worry more over right guard than I would over Steinbach.

Speaking of right guards, wouldn't you just love to see a guy like Duke Robinson out of Oklahoma (6'5" 330lbs) fill in that spot? We're talking people on their asses here and I'm liking it for the running game.

You can pull up any of my old posts on Steinbach and I'll stick by what I've said.

He's a good guard. He's got excellent technique and has hit his ceiling and you know what you've got in him.

Problem is he's another overachiever (think Andruzzi with a little more natural talent), so when he plays hurt it shows a lot more than a big bruiser that can push people around without using finesse to do it.

Now I'm not worried about the left guard spot with Steinbach there but I would rather see a beast lined up next to Joe.

And if you stop and think about it, take out Fraley and plug in Eric Wood or Alex Mac (only reason I put Wood first is I think we've got a better shot at getting him), guys who can handle big NTs in our division, and all of a sudden Steinbach is looking pretty damn good again. I'd worry more over right guard than I would over Steinbach.

Speaking of right guards, wouldn't you just love to see a guy like Duke Robinson out of Oklahoma (6'5" 330lbs) fill in that spot? We're talking people on their asses here and I'm liking it for the running game.

I agree 100% about Woods and Mack. Too many times last year the pocket got puhed back from the middle and forced the QB outside where he got sacked.

Archived