THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Furrey

Chip Banks

Might be worth a look. Had over 1000 yards in 2006 and about 700 in '07 and then only played in 4 games last year -- lingering effects of a concussion had them place him on the IR.

Tough guy, good hands.

I brought him up when he got released...and got a tepid response at best. I don't think we go that route unless we trade BE and just need to get a stop-gap guy.

I brought him up when he got released...and got a tepid response at best. I don't think we go that route unless we trade BE and just need to get a stop-gap guy.

Yeah, I can imagine the responses -- why would we want a cast-off from a team that didn't win a game last year.

Our WR corps is paper thin, though. And there isn't a single guy on the roster that can work underneath and help move the chains. Honestly, we didn't have that guy with Winslow hurt last year and that killed our QBs. Without JJ or Winslow, we really don't have a move the chains type. Steptoe? Are we going to count on Hubbard? Savage's career has shown that he couldn't pick a starting WRer outside of the first round, so I have little confidence in any of our young receivers. Cribbs hasn't shown he is that guy. 34 year old Patten has never been that type of receiver.

I think that Quinn is going to need the guy that can work underneath and get open on third downs. A Wes Welker or in our world a Kevin Johnson-type. Out of the guys that are still out there, I think Furrey is closest to having a chance to be that guy . . . and cheap.

Even if they keep Braylon and draft a WR, I'd feel better about Furrey's chances to be a productive #3 than anyone on this roster . . . if he's healthy.

YES YES YES.. I said this nearly a month ago.. he can be a decent 2 or a very good 3 reciever.... fact is he can play.. we need anyone who can catch the ball. We need depth from top to bottom.. steptoe should not even be on an nfl roster..that's how bad we are.

Archived