THE BROWNS BOARD

Ben Carson to endorse Trump

bbedward

Disappointed in Carson but obviously he is a very forgiving person:

Republican presidential candidate and insinuator-in-chief Donald Trump took a low blow at his opponent Ben Carson on Thursday, comparing his “pathological temper” to the condition of a child molester.

In an interview on CNN's Erin Burnett OutFront, Trump referenced Carson’s autobiography, Gifted Hands, in which the neurosurgeon discusses his problems with violence in his youth.

"It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper," he told Burnett. "That's a big problem because you don't cure that ... as an example: child molesting. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that."

Except, there’s that whole part where he compares Carson to a pedophile and suggests that the violent behavior of his past is incurable. That’s not in the book. In fact, Carson’s successful struggle to master his temper is a centerpiece of his life story.

Compounding the chutzpah here is the fact that Trump had previously accused Carson of fabricating the very same stories of violence that Trump now cites as proof of his “pathological” condition.

He could have gone with "none of the above".

Yes he could, but why? He has to be pissed off at Ted Cruz for the dirty tricks a few weeks ago right? And after the gang of eight it's tough to work up support for Marco Rubio.

I kind of suspect my boy John Kasich doesn't have much Nationwide appeal.

Perhaps all of the above would be a better route for a Republican. ;)

WSS

Yes he could, but why? He has to be pissed off at Ted Cruz for the dirty tricks a few weeks ago right? And after the gang of eight it's tough to work up support for Marco Rubio.

WSS

Trump doesn't seem to match with Carson's public persona. I can understand his beef with Cruz. Rubio and Kasich are dead in the water.

WSS

I wouldn't have expected him to go with Cruz either but the same goes with Carson endorsing Trump. At this point in the race with the odds heavily in Trump's favor to win the nomination I have to believe jumping on the winning bandwagon is driving some of the endorsements for Trump. I kind of thought Carson would go with Kasich or Rubio or as Logic posted none of the above.

I wouldn't have expected him to go with Cruz either but the same goes with Carson endorsing Trump. At this point in the race with the odds heavily in Trump's favor to win the nomination I have to believe jumping on the winning bandwagon is driving some of the endorsements for Trump. I kind of thought Carson would go with Kasich or Rubio or as Logic posted none of the above.

That could be, or he could have decided that a brokered convention spells a loss in November.

WSS

What I read, was more hesitation on completing supporting either Trump or Carson.

Nobody should be in this presidential race that is in it, still.

For either party, ...but maybe I'll make an exception to Kasich...

trump IS hillary. a manipulating, opportunistic, flippity-floppity, friend of prominent rabid dems...

donater to dem campaigns......

of course the dems frantically want him to run.

Kinda like rob portman of Ohio. all for Real Marriage..... until his son came out

as gay, so he reversed his stand on that.

We'll have to hope his son doesn't want to ban all guns...eh?

trump IS hillary. a manipulating, opportunistic, flippity-floppity, friend of prominent rabid dems...

Kinda like rob portman of Ohio. all for Real Marriage..... until his son came out

Cal for Hillary confirmed.

Trump voted R in every election since 1986 or so.

He gave money to everybody - including Ted Cruz

If it helps, I don't want him to win the nomination. If he does, you'll get people voting for Hillary just because she's not Trump, or you'll get people voting for Trump because he's the drunk uncle, and the biggest losers will be democracy and America. I would much rather the republicans put up a capable candidate such that the presidential race focuses on issues.

You talk about a 'divider in chief' - one of your many catchphrases - but Trump would be that in spades.

If it helps, I don't want him to win the nomination. If he does, you'll get people voting for Hillary just because she's not Trump, or you'll get people voting for Trump because he's the drunk uncle, and the biggest losers will be democracy and America. I would much rather the republicans put up a capable candidate such that the presidential race focuses on issues.

You talk about a 'divider in chief' - one of your many catchphrases - but Trump would be that in spades.

Building a wall would be an example of democracy in action, seeing as it's mostly the uneducated voters in the south who want it. As far as being a divider, it doesn't matter who wins the election, half the country will be upset with it, and it's been like that forever.

The TPP is an example of the failure of democracy. The will of the people was ignored to satisfy the desires of the fatcats in Congress.

• 2 weeks later...

I was disappointed in Carson at first about this but I really can't fault him too much for endorsing Trump. He is right Kasich is already mathematically eliminated from the race. Rubio is now out of the race. I hoped he might support Cruz but after what happened in Iowa with the Cruz campaign saying prematurely that Carson was getting out of the race I can understand why he wouldn't want to support Cruz. In the end Trump was all that was left and if he is being honest about working in a Trump administration I give him credit for being up front about it (even though Trump himself was hinting when Carson endorsed him that he might find a spot for Carson in his administration).

It's a position working for the campaign, not the administration.

I suspect that everybody would have offered Carson something for his endorsement. Cruz would have probably given his left nut except he doesn't have any.

Carson saw the delegate math and kissed Trump's ring. No secret there as Carson freely admits it.

Archived