THE BROWNS BOARD

Help Needed. Surround Sound

Whew. There are about a million of them. First I would check consumer reports. Second I would go with a brand like Samsung. I have all Samsung TVs and tablet and phone. That just makes everything sync up a little easier.

Boss stuff is always great as well. I just think Samsung is the new Sony.

WSS

Whew. There are about a million of them. First I would check consumer reports. Second I would go with a brand like Samsung. I have all Samsung TVs and tablet and phone. That just makes everything sync up a little easier.

Boss stuff is always great as well. I just think Samsung is the new Sony.

WSS

Ya I have Samsung tv's they're ok. I could go to the Best Buy store and get fondled by some 19 yr old gay salesman. Lol just wanted to know if any of you have gotten one recently and how it is. I'm not going to go too pricey about $ 300.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest at least asking a retailer if they will match the online price, often they will. Even if you get stuck with the tax I think you're better off buying from a store just because of anything fucks up you can go right there.

WSS

Very good sir. Thanks again.

samsung is the best tv out there IMO.

depending on what you want to do with the surround will depend on what you need to get. are you going to be playing music through it as well? if so you'll need an all-in-one speaker system or build your own. the sony surround sound speakers with the little sound bars with the satellite speakers and sub woofer are OK for movies but if you want to pump out some serious music then you need to go a different route. i've got a lot of speakers still sitting in closets from my vinyl days ( :blush: ) but i've got 2 boston acoustic front speakers, 2 allison back speakers, a definitive tech center speaker and a audiosource powered sub running through a sony 5.1 surround receiver (still doesn't even touch the power or range that should be used with the speakers i have). but you can go from a nice movie with all the trimmings to cranking out ac/dc and cracking the glass in your windows. and this is beginner level stuff.

depending on what you want to do with the surround will depend on what you need to get. are you going to be playing music through it as well? if so you'll need an all-in-one speaker system or build your own. the sony surround sound speakers with the little sound bars with the satellite speakers and sub woofer are OK for movies but if you want to pump out some serious music then you need to go a different route. i've got a lot of speakers still sitting in closets from my vinyl days ( :blush: ) but i've got 2 boston acoustic front speakers, 2 allison back speakers, a definitive tech center speaker and a audiosource powered sub running through a sony 5.1 surround receiver (still doesn't even touch the power or range that should be used with the speakers i have). but you can go from a nice movie with all the trimmings to cranking out ac/dc and cracking the glass in your windows. and this is beginner level stuff.

I used to crank the tunes but I'm just looking to enhance my movie experience. Ya I've had some great sound systems.

Kind of like my guitar rigs I've had. They're all gone except for my acoustic now. I guess I've grown up but still appreciate. It's not like I'm a pro musician it was more of a hobby to me.

Now in my car is a different story. Lol It's my car and my ears and my driving time is my time.

• 4 weeks later...

First... agree on the Samsung.... Picked up a "Smart" 60" LCD last year and absolutely love it.

My HT is all vintage Polk speakers.... SDA SRS mains... twin CS-350 centers... and f/x1000's for the surrounds (dipole) and rears (bipole). Sub is an SVS Pb-13 Ultra.... it cracks plaster. What good is bass if you can't feel it?

I added up my amps one time and clocked in at a little over 7 hp...

Surround Sound?

Over here!

.....................................................................................................................................................No! Over here!

..............................................................Not there. Here

Behind You

1190468-bigthumbnail.jpg

Duh......Dum. Duh.....Dum Duh dum. Dumdumdumdumdumdum.

Archived