THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns release Dansby.

WalterWhite

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dansby quote...."I bet the Bengals are licking their chops right now. Time for me to go get a ring"......arghhh

I also heard some buzz that Whitner could be next.....

Well, I think we knew that they were talking about getting rid of their older players.

Dansby and Whitner both fell off last year. They must think that they can do as well at MLB with the two guys they signed, Davis/Tuggle, as they could with Dansby and Robertson....and they may be right.

well, the status quo has to change, and come older, expensive players have

played tough for us, but they have to have lost a step.

If they can be replaced by a younger, faster player for a lot less money...

it makes sense. You just have to bring in the right players, who love the game,

and are hungry to win.

Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

Yeah I don't see how anyone is shocked. The guy is in his mid 30s and the direction of the FO seems to be towards going with youth.

My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.

My biggest hope is that the analytics department in Berea has been able to show Haslam that the players THEY (not Farmer and Pettine both who ignored the analytics) would've picked the past two years have turned out to be successful. If this is the case, I'd be more optimistic that the new FO knows how to draft.

Another overrated (good, but overrated) player on a bad defense. He's going to be 35 in November. Can't say I'm shocked. But I think ILB just became a huge priority in draft and there are some talented Day 2 guys.

Plus Myles Jack.....

Miles Jack looks like he's going to be a top ten pick, maybe top five pick.

But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded." OS

I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at

where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline

together. It's far easier to find a RT and a C. JT wants to stay here.

You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,

or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up

without matching.

The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in

that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,

because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not

good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.

Say it ain't so, Joe !

But "My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

I would be shocked out of my chair. It is too tough to find a solid LT in the NFL. Look at

where Tunsil may go = #1 overall. JT is the glue that holds the locker room and the oline

The only way it would happen, is if Joe Thomas gives up on the Browns and wants a trade, and in

that case, I would probably only listen to the games and keep busy out in the garden on Sundays,

because our qb will get injured pretty quickly, and Wentz will be too, and it will be a disaster not

good for watching in my camo recliner with a cold root beer and a couple of grilled burgers.

Say it ain't so, Joe !

I'd be disappointed, but not shocked. They almost traded him last season, and if they really are in full rebuild mode, he's the only player on the roster that would net a first-round pick in trade. I don't WANT this to happen, just think it is possible that it will.

You would just doom the Browns to have to spend a future higher draft pick to replace him,

or pay dearly for a FA that everybody else wants, and the current team won't give up

without matching.

Say it ain't so, Joe !

The Browns QBs were already taking a beating. I won't be shocked if they try to move him to get more draft picks.

My guess is some folks still haven't accepted/realized that we are in full rebuild mode.

Public Service Announcement: Don't be surprised if Joe Thomas gets traded.

You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...

Another overrated (good, but overrated) player on a bad defense. He's going to be 35 in November. Can't say I'm shocked. But I think ILB just became a huge priority in draft and there are some talented Day 2 guys..

Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.

You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...

Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.

I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.

Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.

Add Joe Haden and then the purge will be complete. The only problem is the cap penalty for releasing him, and the fact no one would take his contract in a trade.

but that was over the RG position, and gaps right of center. Almost never,

because of tackle play on either side. Except for when Cam Irving went in

at LG I think it was.

Add Joe Haden and then the purge will be complete. The only problem is the cap penalty for releasing him, and the fact no one would take his contract in a trade.

eh not so sure. I think now is the time obviously to trade him. I think he has some value. Wait another year or so and he's another 1-2 concussions deep into the protocol than obviously no

Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

No kidding. I read it on Yahoo and came here knowing that the sky would be falling. ;)

I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.

Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.

As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.

Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.

Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.

Well Denver released 33 y.o. TE Owen Daniels and no one has claimed him either. It's a business.

Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.

As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.

Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.

Swapping Davis for Dansby still leaves a gap. I'm guessing they'll take a ILB in the first 4 rounds, and he'll be Davis' eventual replacement in two years, unless they bring him back. But I don't think the 2-year deal means they signed him with long-term in mind.

Archived