THE BROWNS BOARD

Bono Says Comedy Should Be Used to Fight ISIS

OldBrownsFan

'Send Amy Schumer': Bono Says Comedy Should Be Used to Fight ISIS

U2 frontman Bono spoke before a U.S. Senate subcommittee on Capitol Hill Tuesday, calling for immediate action to deal with the refugee crisis and terrorism.

Bono highlighted the flood of people fleeing their homes in the Middle East, Asia and Africa and called for a major, structured aid plan to be implemented in the areas most in need.

He urged against fighting violence with violence, instead surprisingly calling for comedians to help battle Islamic extremism around the world.

“Don’t laugh," he said. "I think comedy should be deployed. It’s like, you speak violence, you speak their language. But if you laugh at them when they're goose-stepping down the street, and it takes away their power."

"So I am suggesting that the Senate send in Amy Schumer and Chris Rock and Sacha Baron Cohen."

Bono got some soft laughs from the crowd assembled at the Dirksen Senate Office Building, but he made sure to point out that he was “actually [being] serious” about this point.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/04/13/bono-tells-us-senate-send-amy-schumer-chris-rock-sacha-baron-cohen-stop-isis

I don't think having headless comedians are going to work myself.

"you speak violence, you speak their language. But if you laugh at them when they're goose-stepping down the street, and it takes away their power they will execute you in public and put it on youtube."

I mean, these people execute children who watch soccer games on TV - I don't think they'll react too well to an American comedy routine, definitely not from Amy Schumer.

Archived