13. Conklin
  14. Wentz
  15. Jackson III
  16. Stanley
  17. Whitehair
  18. Hargreaves
  19. Floyd
  20. Reed

Here's the link: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/07/draft-pff-draft-board-3-0-top-150-nfl-prospects/

about time Buckner gets some props & he plays a 3-4 but not tangibles of Bosa imo. Still like Goff at 2. Bosa or Zeke at 4. If we go to 7 or 8 with trade back hope Buckner is their, it will be close. T, do you think the FO would run the risk of Spence if he falls to 2nd round? My Magic 8 Ball tells me Hell No!

The Rams need Goff. WE get Wentz.

If they take Wentz, the Browns will be sorry they didn't get him.

I just don't see Goff as a fit in Cleveland. He'd be a big mistake.

The Rams need Goff. WE get Wentz.

If they take Wentz, the Browns will be sorry they didn't get him.

I just don't see Goff as a fit in Cleveland. He'd be a big mistake.

Totally agree with this. He is bred to play QB in the AFC North, praying they take Goff

I like Whitehair too .......if we do get Dallas 34 via a trade then we could pick him up there otherwise I dont see us getting him.....if we do go QB at 2 then we go WR or defense at 32

about time Buckner gets some props & he plays a 3-4 but not tangibles of Bosa imo. Still like Goff at 2. Bosa or Zeke at 4. If we go to 7 or 8 with trade back hope Buckner is their, it will be close. T, do you think the FO would run the risk of Spence if he falls to 2nd round? My Magic 8 Ball tells me Hell No!

I've really grown to like Buckner. If we trade back to 7, I think he's the pick... but still hoping it's Goff at 2.

Not sure about Spence... the off-field does not seem significant enough on its own, but Josh Gordon casts a shadow. Bigger issue is how he would be used. In a 3-4 he'd vie for Kruger's role as I see it... not versatile enough to play opposite Krugs. So what is the staff's view of Kruger? Does Horton see a return to impact in him? Not going to take any risk on redundancy and not sure he'll be BPA at 32...

Bosa isn't an elite player at his position. The list

is baloney from the git-go.

And of course, you know more than the source cited in the OP, which as I understand are one of the most highly respected football talent evaluation services out there....which happens to have Bosa ranked #1.

Here's a top 20 sampler...

1. Bosa
  2. Buckner
  3. Ramsey
  4. Goff
  5. Tunsil
  6. Jack
  7. Elliot
  8. Rankins
  9. Coleman
  10. Doctson
  11. Lawson
  12. Jones
  13. Conklin
  14. Wentz
  15. Jackson III
  16. Stanley
  17. Whitehair
  18. Hargreaves
  19. Floyd
  20. Reed

Here's the link: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/07/draft-pff-draft-board-3-0-top-150-nfl-prospects/

Does anyone think the Rams are smokescreening everyone and that they are in fact going to take Bosa?

And of course, you know more than the source cited in the OP, which as I understand are one of the most highly respected football talent evaluation services out there....which happens to have Bosa ranked #1. Gipper

I never said I know more.... it's from my own observation, along with

what I've been reading.

Insider Buzz: Coaches Think Bosa Is 'Not J.J. Watt,' Can't Be ...

bleacherreport.com/articles/2620651-insider-buzz-coaches...

Insider Buzz: Coaches Think Bosa Is 'Not J.J. Watt,' Can't Be Elite Pass-Rusher By Team Stream Now , B/R Video Feb 29, 2016

Mel Kiper Jr. goes for defensive end to Cowboys - Dallas ...
espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4750307/mel...

Joey Bosa might not be the elite right defensive end teams want, but he was a productive player at Ohio State.

Cowboys arent interested in Bosa - Page 4 - Draft and Free ...
boards.dallascowboys.com/...arent-interested-in-bosa/page-4

Page 4 of 4 - Cowboys arent interested in Bosa - posted in Draft and Free Agency Forum: Maybe stiff wasnt a good choice of words. What I meant was he looks robotic ...

I never said he wouldn't be productive. But there are questions about his skills,

and I don't see how he is "elite".

...used to sit in the stands with friends, and watch Jack Lambert play at Kent State.

Every single game, everybody saw "elite".

you don't see that with Bosa.

http://cover32.com/2016/01/15/draft-prospect-breakdown-ohio-state-de-joey-bosa/

Cons

Explosion: Bosa is not an explosive athlete like Watt is. His lack of burst off the line is a bit concerning when watching tape. Bosa tries to compensate that by timing the snap-count, which doesn’t always work in his favor. He jumped offsides three times in a loss against Michigan State in 2015. And another concerning part of Bosa’s tape was his motor. Bosa takes more plays off than I’d like from someone who might go in the top five of the NFL draft.

Versatility: Despite his ability to rush the passer, Bosa is not a standup outside linebacker. His skill set thrives as a hand-in-the-dirt down defensive lineman. His skill-set could potentially make him an intriguing 3-technique prospect.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/25/11059596/2016-nfl-draft-profile-joey-bosa-ohio-state-defensive-end-breakdown

Bosa will be pretty good, at least, could be great...

but there are questions about his athleticism and taking plays off....

just doesn't sound "elite" to me. But you don't have to be "elite" to be

a terrific football player.

I never said he wouldn't be productive. But there are questions about his skills,

...used to sit in the stands with friends, and watch Jack Lambert play at Kent State.

Every single game, everybody saw "elite".

you don't see that with Bosa.

http://cover32.com/2016/01/15/draft-prospect-breakdown-ohio-state-de-joey-bosa/

Cons

Explosion: Bosa is not an explosive athlete like Watt is. His lack of burst off the line is a bit concerning when watching tape. Bosa tries to compensate that by timing the snap-count, which doesn’t always work in his favor. He jumped offsides three times in a loss against Michigan State in 2015. And another concerning part of Bosa’s tape was his motor. Bosa takes more plays off than I’d like from someone who might go in the top five of the NFL draft.

Versatility: Despite his ability to rush the passer, Bosa is not a standup outside linebacker. His skill set thrives as a hand-in-the-dirt down defensive lineman. His skill-set could potentially make him an intriguing 3-technique prospect.

So....his weakness is that they think that he cannot play a position that he does not play. I mean lets take away points because he can't play quarterback...or that he can't be a Wide Receiver or Cornerback.

Then I guess we should downgrade Goff and Wentz because THEY can't rush the passer.

But PFF says his is the #1 overall best prospect. That would mean that if he is not elite.....not a single player in this entire draft should be considered elite. (which, of course....can and has happened.)

No... means Bosa is one of a handful of potentially elite players in this draft.

The out of position argument simply means that his odds of realizing his "elite potential" are best in a Defense that emphasizes his strengths, i..e., as a 4-3 DE.

Does anyone think the Rams are smokescreening everyone and that they are in fact going to take Bosa?

No... when has the price the Rams paid ever been for a DE?

It's a QB price.

quarterback? Bosa? "when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" ?

No, it means they placed Bosa at the top of the list, over elite players at their positions,

because he was great in college.

J.J. Watt was 'ELITE"... Bosa is no J.J. Watt, that's all.

No... means Bosa is one of a handful of potentially elite players in this draft.

The out of position argument simply means that his odds of realizing his "elite potential" are best in a Defense that emphasizes his strengths, i..e., as a 4-3 DE.

But I don't buy the argument that he is such a system guy as you do. 3-4/4-3 I don't think it matters in his case.

It's a QB price.

But I do agree here. The Rams got that pick to make a splash in their new/old home. a QB does that best.

I am just not of the opinion that these 2 QBs are #1 overall caliber. (or #2 either).

Even if I wasn't Camp Bosa cheerleader and the Browns had the 29th pick would I think that.

I see David Carr/Joey Harrington/Jake Locker/Christian Ponder/Blaine Gabbert.

And despite what I think I see....I hope I am wrong because of the chance that the Browns could get one of them.

quarterback? Bosa? "when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" ?

No, it means they placed Bosa at the top of the list, over elite players at their positions,

because he was great in college.

J.J. Watt was 'ELITE"... Bosa is no J.J. Watt, that's all.

Sure....though he may be Howie Long whom I compare him more to.

There is no way they take Bosa.

It's a QB price.

Beat me to it Tour. The Rams are taking a QB. 100% guaranteed. The we don't know who we're drafting is total BS. You don't give up 6 picks not knowing which guy (Goff\Wentz) you want. They obviously favor one over the other, or they could have got a far less costly deal with Cleveland.

I doubt it, the Rams already have four 1st rounders on the DL.

Unless they would be foolish enough to try and convert Bosa to an LB.

Archived