THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowboys at #4

One Post

Been thinking about the Chargers at #3 and how the Titans/Rams trade totally helped them out. Now they get to sit back and not worry about losing out on a great OT or get a BPA that is a blue chipper.

The Cowboys at #4 is intriguing. They could be losing out on a qb and taking a huge gamble at where they're at. If Goff and Wentz are gone I see them trading down and targeting Zeke or Jack.

Then I'm thinking the Cowboys need for a backup qb or QBOTF. Don't see it really if Jerry Jones were smart enough he would've made a backup plan a priority during FA. Now yes the cap isn't friendly to them right now but a priority is key right? He should've moved the money around or restructured it wouldn't have taken a financial genious. Not having a backup is why they're at #4 right now and Jerry needs to know this and grab a qb. But they won't is my guess.

I had them taking Connor Cook in our mock draft and it's something I could see happening in real life as well. He gets to sit and learn behind Romo, and with Dez Bryant as the big alpha dog, Cook's leadership questions don't come in to play.

I had them taking Connor Cook in our mock draft and it's something I could see happening in real life as well. He gets to sit and learn behind Romo, and with Dez Bryant as the big alpha dog, Cook's leadership questions don't come in to play.

IMO I thot you did rather well with the Cowboys draft. That first pick for them is a difficult one if you over think it. Buckner would be a solid pick. My question for you...would you have had the same strategy if you picked after the Titans/Rams trade?

Really depends how the rest of the draft goes down. Assuming it's QB-QB first, then SD could go any way. Bosa would probably be the best fit for the cowboys, a true 4-3 DE. Outside of that, Ramsey or Jack would be great. Buckner is a solid pick though.

I think it slowed down of its own accord, independent of the trade.

Until the trade this was not seen as a QB-QB draft... now it is.

I do not see Jerry being able to resist Bosa at #4, but will not be surprised to see SD take Ramsey at #3.

Tunsil is poised to drop to the Ravens at 6...

Until the trade this was not seen as a QB-QB draft... now it is.

I do not see Jerry being able to resist Bosa at #4, but will not be surprised to see SD take Ramsey at #3.

Tunsil is poised to drop to the Ravens at 6...

You mean Jonathan Ogden mk 2? Ozzie gets his drafting history back on track with a solid, unmissable pick - like Leonard Williams last year, best player falls to #6?

Dallas really misses having a great RB behind that line. Elliot is the answer and he will be there. Great for Dallas and great for Elliot. Second coming of Emmitt.

I was as impressed with Bosa's last year as I was with what's his name's at South Carolina-I think he's a bust waiting to happen. I know-heresy. :D

Edit: I plan to record all of Bosa's games for whomever picks him up just to see how he is doing week to week. Like Elliot, Dallas would be a great fit for him with their 4-3. Browns, not good at all unless they change to 4-3.

Boys should be in top 3 rushing behind that O line

Sure, but they don't need Elliott to achieve that. Bosa, in the 4-3, would be a great, solid, high floor, can't miss pick for them. It's too obvious not to happen. Which of course means it won't.

Elliott to the Cowboys make a hell of a lot of sense if they're going all out win now.

Well, with the Tony Romo window closing, they should go out all now. I don't think they will ever win a damn thing anyway with him, but any chance they have must be now. He may be about the same age as BR/Eli/Rivers....but he is more beat up than those guys.

Idjits ask: Can Cowboys fleece Browns

See this article:

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/04/18/can-cowboys-fleece-browns-analytics-driven-front-office-in-a-draft-trade/

It was on "Cowboys Wire".....so this must be a Cowboy fan putz.

The better question is: how badly can the Browns fleece the Cowboys. As I said on other threads, Under the Trade Value Chart, the Cowboys would have to give up their #4 overall, plus their 2d and 3rd round picks to make the math work. Our Harvard boys can read that chart.

But....just because an article like this came out....I would tell the Cowboys that the price has just gone up....to say, maybe all of the above, plus next years 2d rounder.

Archived