THE BROWNS BOARD

The Hottest Commodity in the Draft

The Gipper

Some teams could be thinking along the same lines as the Browns may be...as speculated here: Trading down to the mid 1st round.....and drafting Lynch.

I know that most people have Goff/Wentz going in the Top 5....and that some have Lynch at best late 1st round. But here is a clue folks: QBs often get overdrafted because they are QBs. If, after Goff/Lynch are off the board, I believe the hottest commodity in the entire draft may indeed be Paxton Lynch.

And don't be surprised if Lynch is take in or near the Top 10 picks. At 10-15, one of these teams with "Older QBs" or no QBs.....Arizona, Denver, Dallas, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Giants, even Pats make a run at Lynch. If the Browns pass on QB at #2....don't be surprised if Lynch by no means hangs around to 32.

The Browns may trade down to 8-10-12 in fact and get him there.

It's very possible. Lynch is really an impressive guy. He's far away from being ready,

but if you can wait, and take the chance...

trading down to get him and getting those extra picks could be priceless.

I like Prescott better @ #32 (or shortly thereafter if we get another high 2nd rounder) with a D impact player as our first round choice. If we can't trade down just take Myles Jack as BPA. Obviously we are losing interest in a QB there.

I like Prescott better @ #32 (or shortly thereafter if we get another high 2nd rounder) with a D impact player as our first round choice. If we can't trade down just take Myles Jack as BPA. Obviously we are losing interest in a QB there.

For what they are worth....most services don't put Prescott more than about a 3rd rounder. Lynch is put at mid to late first round.

And for BPA, Tunsil, Bosa, and Ramsey are mostly rated above Jack in the services.

I really, really don't like Prescott close to that high to be honest. Went through this with tour a couple of months ago, just not seeing anything to get worked up about.

Archived