THE BROWNS BOARD

Who do you want at 8?

Hoodums19

Well now that we're in the 8th spot, who do you want/think we will take, and how do you think the 1st 7 picks will pan out?

It's likely that the top guys available at 8 for us could be Hargreaves or Elliott, potentially Buckner?

Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Ramsey, Tunsil, Jack should be gone by then... So who's left?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so sure about Jack... knee opinions seem to be varying.

I'm hoping Buckner is there. Elite potential IMO. If not, then I have to look at trading down again. TN at 15 supposedly covets Stanley. Could get another 2nd moving down to 15.

I hope we go with a potential game changer on defense. The top guys as you've noted mostly are: Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner, Jack and perhaps Lawson and Floyd (who I don't like much at all)

Obviously 1-2 will be QB, so we can consider that there's 6 spots to go before we go. One of those will undoubtedly be Tunsil, and I wouldn't be surprised if Stanley the OT or Hargreaves sneak in there as well. With that being said, I think Myles Jack is going to slide because people true or not true think his knee is still bad. He'd be a day one starter on our defense and has game-changing potential. This is a pretty good article that the injury stuff is overblown, perhaps intentionally, to get him to fall further than he should:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25559964/nfl-execs-say-anonymous-reports-on-myles-jack-overblown-disgusting

I know RB is not our #1 need but DAMN I'm on the Zeke bandwagon at 8 !!!!!! He runs lime a beast is a team guy and is an above average blocker! Teams would have to honor the run and makes play fakes realistic!!! If we trade back further I like Treadwell!

Well now that we're in the 8th spot, who do you want/think we will take, and how do you think the 1st 7 picks will pan out?

It's likely that the top guys available at 8 for us could be Hargreaves or Elliott, potentially Buckner?

Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Ramsey, Tunsil, Jack should be gone by then... So who's left?

Didn't you just answer your own question? Hargreaves, Buckner, Elliot.....plus Treadwell. Darron Lee is making a jump up some boards.

May not matter. Smoke is starting about the Titans wanting to move up to the 8. Could end up being the Browns taking Paxton Lynch at 15

I think Lynch will be taken at 7, the niners are reaching out of desperation

Well end up with a bunch of mediocre or shit pics.

Always a possibility, but keep an open mind for another 8-10 days...

Bpa, not hard. Jacks knee prognosis makes me hesitant now. He might need to sit and rehab for a year

He most certainly will not. This is my favorite tweet albeit from his agent:

"I wish these doctors/trainers would have shared concussion info like they are sharing "alleged" Myles Jack knee info #TheShield"

Here's a video of him looking pretty dang fluid in drills too. https://twitter.com/JohnThornton/status/722137837861216256

Don't let the media drive it out of proportion. I don't doubt for a second lower slotted teams are spreading false info to drive his price down. If he is medically cleared (which I'd be shocked if he wasn't), he's a lock top 10 talent prime for the taking.

Bosa

Ramsey

Buckner

Jack

Hargreaves

Elliot (although, I like Henry a little better)

Treadwell

Wentz

Goff

Tunsil

That's 10 guys there that would be good, 3 of them will be there at 8 to take.

Hope it's Bosa - Ramsey - Tunsil. If not, Elliot - Treadwell - Buckner would rock as well. Worst case Elliot - Treadwell - Hargeaves.

May not matter. Smoke is starting about the Titans wanting to move up to the 8. Could end up being the Browns taking Paxton Lynch at 15.

As was said, only if the 49ers don't take him. In the case of a swap with the Titans to #15, a mid first and two high seconds, I'm OK with that.

I'd be ok with this

Me too. Lynch or Elliot at #8. Cardale Jones now comes into play since we have two third round picks, assuming he's still on the board. If we're building for the future, trade McCown to the Broncos for whatever they'll give us.

May not matter. Smoke is starting about the Titans wanting to move up to the 8. Could end up being the Browns taking Paxton Lynch at 15

I think Lynch will be taken at 7, the niners are reaching out of desperation

No one is trading for Kaep. I don't see them bringing a rookie QB into a shit locker room with Kaep crybabying all season.

As was said, only if the 49ers don't take him. In the case of a swap with the Titans to #15, a mid first and two high seconds, I'm OK with that.

Me too. Lynch or Elliot at #8. Cardale Jones now comes into play since we have two third round picks, assuming he's still on the board. If we're building for the future, trade McCown to the Broncos for whatever they'll give us.

Keeping grandpa around as a backup to gimpy is a good idea until the new draft pick has time to develop. Cardale would be a multi year project.

Keeping grandpa around as a backup to gimpy is a good idea until the new draft pick has time to develop. Cardale would be a multi year project.

Right now- the Browns ARE a multi year project.

What if Dallas takes Elliot or Lynch? I say no to Treadwell also. Tunsil was the guy they should have gone after if they weren't taking a

Goff or Wentz. I see the Browns trading back again either before the draft or during depending on who is taken 1-7

Someone has to have the balls to draft Lynch. With this trade and landing Paxton this would be huge. SF taking Paxton Lynch is a reach but with many picks in our pocket it's not so much of a reach. But however I've been preaching about being more physical Bosa might be at 8 as well.

Great trade and good news when I got home from work.

Archived