THE BROWNS BOARD

The rest of the QBs

LogicIsForSquares

Hue stated he won't tailor the offense for RG3 but after that smoke clears, Prescott can do it. Brandon Allen my sleeper. Gutsy, with a laser if he needs it.

My sleeper is Vernon Adams from Oregon. He'll almost certainly be a UDFA and when you watch the guy play there's a lot to like, but a lot to work on too. He's a guy I'd love to see get a shot though, in the bowl game he played (I forget what the name was) he was objectively the best athlete on the field.

I'm OK with Prescott later on, don't like Lynch's huge wind-up and he got an 18 wunderlic which is the lowest of any starting NFL QB (or would be)

FWIW BB, Cardale reportedly scored 25 on the wonderlic, and if true- means he's no dummy. A very raw edition of Wentz. Lord knows he has a cannon for an arm, and has a Rothlisberger physique. (6'5", 253- hand 9-3\4) Cleveland guy too. I'm back on the "Fail for Cardale" wagon. Call me crazy, I'd even take him at #32, or certainly with one of the third round picks, if he's still there (which may not be the case).

PS to Ghoolie- anything under 20 for an NFL quarterback is considered a red flag, but there's plenty of other stuff the Draft Gurus don't like about him.

PPS Buckner reportedly scored an 8. If so, I'm off the Buckner wagon.

Prescott with our 3rd round Comp seems about right...

We don't have a 3rd round comp. We have 2 3rd round picks...ours & the Eagles.

Mike

Mike

Here are the Browns picks:

Round 1: No. 8

Round 2: No. 32

Round 3: No. 65, No. 77

Round 4: No. 99, No. 100, No. 138 (compensatory)

Round 5: No. 141, No. 172 (compensatory), No. 173 (compensatory)

Round 6: No. 176

Round 7: No. 223

And I think Denver may want him so here are theirs:

Round 1: Pick 31

Round 2: Pick 63

Round 3: Pick 94

Round 3: Pick 98 (compensatory)

Round 4: Pick 136 (compensatory)

Round 5: Pick 144 (from Baltimore in Gino Gradkowski trade)

Round 6: Pick 219 (compensatory)

Round 7: Pick 228 (from San Francisco in Vernon Davis trade)

Round 7: Pick 235 (from Los Angeles via Houston in Chris Clark trade)

Round 7: Pick 253

If Denver wants him as much as I think they do they will take him @ 63.

If we think he is that good, we had better use #32 or trade up just ahead of their #63.

Lynch, Cook and Cardale interest me.

Lynch and Cardale are both naturally gifted with great size but need a lot of polish. A lot.

Cook is a guy that really interests me lately

I like that everyone thinks he's an asshole: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/21/connor-cook-michigan-state-nfl-draft/83337046/

Steeler fans will hate him.

He seemed to get better as his college career went on, I think he will have a good NFL career. But Lynch and Cardale have higher ceilings. I would not be unhappy with Lynch in the second round if he made it there.

Zombo

Frankly I'm a bit tired of taking second tier QBs. I'm disappointed we don't get to pick a top tier guy this year but that's more than offset by the picks in return.

We have a chance to really rebuild this team with young and hungry players, choose guys that fit Hue's scheme and progress. I would be perfectly content not drafting a qb at all this year, but if someone falls a long way and is objectively great value then sure. But trying to force a qb early just because it's a qb would annoy me most of all.

I think we're taking a QB, but it won't be with our first two picks. I think we take a QB with our third round pick, or just third pick in general. If someone we really like starts to slip, I wouldn't rule out our staff trading up to grab him.

It's just so sad to me because to me there was Goff...Wentz....then everybody else. Huge dropoff in talent IMO.

I have no doubt that Lynch at #8 is a huge reach....even at #32 is a reach IMO.

There will be lots of Camp (insert QBs) next year. The Browns may draft a QB that everyone is sweet on then or try to develop a middle round from this draft.

It's just so sad to me because to me there was Goff...Wentz....then everybody else. Huge dropoff in talent IMO.

I have no doubt that Lynch at #8 is a huge reach....even at #32 is a reach IMO.

It took balls to walk away from Goff and Wentz.

I am actually a little impressed.

When RG3 exhibits his rookie form, the Eagles go 5-11 and we are holding their #4 overall next year ... I'll be real fucking impressed.

We'll see...

Zombo

Frankly I'm a bit tired of taking second tier QBs. I'm disappointed we don't get to pick a top tier guy this year but that's more than offset by the picks in return.

But.....we don't know who is or who is not going to be a "top tier" QB. Would you now consider Russell Wilson top tier? Many didn't at the time....dropped to round 3. I could list ad nauseum the QBs that people thought were not top tier, but turned out to be so, starting with ole #199.

I could also list ad nauseum the QB people thought were top tier....but weren't.

We have a chance to really rebuild this team with young and hungry players, choose guys that fit Hue's scheme and progress. I would be perfectly content not drafting a qb at all this year, but if someone falls a long way and is objectively great value then sure. But trying to force a qb early just because it's a qb would annoy me most of all.

Call me crazy, I'd even take him at #32...

You Crazy...

Oops... then our first 4th round pick...

If Denver wants him as much as I think they do they will take him @ 63.

If we think he is that good, we had better use #32 or trade up just ahead of their #63.

If they want him that high, then I'd let them have him... I'd go as high as #77, but you have to draw a line. I can only like a running QB so much... it's still very new to me...

There will be lots of Camp (insert QBshttp://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40201) next year. The Browns may draft a QB that everyone is sweet on then or try to develop a middle round from this draft.

But to not kick the tires on one this year is wasting a year. Surely we will sign an UFA and PS him (like a Stave), but a late Day 2/ Day 3 is a reasonable investment in an educated guess late... even if it's a Sudfeld.

In the NFL, you always have to be searching for your next QB...

Was Arizona State running a goofy spread offense?

Dennis Eriskson favors the one-back spread... not sure how "goofy" it was considered in 2011.

Likely relatively sane compared to some of today's spreads... but vs. Memphis' spread???

Lynch, Cook and Cardale interest me.

Lynch and Cardale are both naturally gifted with great size but need a lot of polish. A lot.

Cook is a guy that really interests me lately

I like that everyone thinks he's an asshole: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/21/connor-cook-michigan-state-nfl-draft/83337046/

Steeler fans will hate him.

He seemed to get better as his college career went on, I think he will have a good NFL career. But Lynch and Cardale have higher ceilings. I would not be unhappy with Lynch in the second round if he made it there.

Zombo

I have extreme doubt Lynch will last to #32, unless every NFL scout thinks the guy is another Dan McGuire. (6'8", 240) Flacco is the only qb at 6'6". Our pal on the other board who's opinion I value highly- (Jason J) says stay away from Lynch- far away.

You Crazy...

About Cardale? Yeah, probably. Depends what we do @ #8. If we take Elliot there, and then take the best WR left (the Bungles are almost certainly gonna draft one with their first round pick). So where would you draft him Tour? Third round? Lower? The guy has all the physical tools, but needs a LOT of polish.

Let me say in a different way the only guy I absolutely in no sense want at any pick is Hackenburg. He had one above average freshman season but his tape absolutely blows. With that being said, I'm so "meh" on all the 2nd tier dudes in the group that I think we can fill positions much better with all our top picks in the top 3 rounds than with a QB.

I agree with Z to a point though that if Cook falls to the top of the 4th or so I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger there. I could actually easily see that scenario because of his character concerns. To be frank I think his potential is about every other MSU QB (i.e. markedly mediocre) but he could break the mold.

Archived