THE BROWNS BOARD

Who are your top UDFA's?

Tour2ma

Which players do you legitimately think are likely to go undrafted, but would like to see invited to Camp Jackson?

Brandon Williams if not drafted

Pursuant to our other discussion, I don't want another QB anywhere near Cleveland unless it's Goff, Wentz, or Lynch, but if we insist, I'd love to see Coker get a shot.

Ohio St. homer pick: Jalin Marshall......Browns need a kick returner.

Though, I actually expect Marshall to be drafted somewhere late.

Or, how about this guy:

http://www.trinitytigers.com/sports/fball/2015-16/bios/vaught_jake_syrk

My daughter once went on a date with him. It didn't work out.

And yea, 229 a bit light for OL. It is D-III

Keenan Reynolds from Navy is also interesting

One of the names I had in mind as well... as an RB prospect.

Do academy players still have an active duty commitment these days?

One of the names I had in mind as well... as an RB prospect.

Do academy players still have an active duty commitment these days?

Yes, they do....but in some special cases the military has allowed players to serve their country as Public Relations subjects. David Robinson was allowed to go to the NBA.....Napolean Kaufman to the NFL.

They did not allow such a thing back in the 60s when Roger Staubach won the Heisman Trophy. He had to do his full 5 years....and even a couple of tours in Vietnam.

I remember David being a special case because he was too tall for many of the duties they had for a Navy Officer.

Kind of an odd thing to realize at graduation since I'm pretty sure he did not just grow unexpected while at Annapolis.

I remember David being a special case because he was too tall for many of the duties they had for a Navy Officer.

Kind of an odd thing to realize at graduation since I'm pretty sure he did not just grow unexpected while at Annapolis.

Didn't really even cross my mind. Wonder if he'd need to be drafted in order to be given an 'out' in his contract.

I did the Navy for awhile, and I don't see them letting anyone from their kung-fu contractual grips if they can exploit a technicality.

I'm pretty sure he continued to grow. "David Robinson – 5’9 his junior year of high school and 6’7 his senior year and then 7’1 in Naval Academy. last spurt was at age 21." http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2012/09/20/the-largest-growth-spurts-in-history/

Didn't really even cross my mind. Wonder if he'd need to be drafted in order to be given an 'out' in his contract.

I did the Navy for awhile, and I don't see them letting anyone from their kung-fu contractual grips if they can exploit a technicality.

The Navy USED David Robinson as a recruiting tool/public relations tool....and that is why they let him play. While he was playing b-ball he was also doing PSAs for the Navy. Same with Napolean Kaufman.

The Navy USED David Robinson as a recruiting tool/public relations tool....and that is why they let him play. While he was playing b-ball he was also doing PSAs for the Navy. Same with Napolean Kaufman.

Could the Navy use Robinson? A udfa who ends up cut during preseason?

Archived