THE BROWNS BOARD

Prediction Machine's NFL Draft Over-valued, Under-valued & Sleepers

Tour2ma

Site is primarily a gambling "aid", pay site, but Play the Draft has been using it as a basis for some interesting articles including:

Scooby is a day-one starter waiting to happen. He's the type of LB who makes up for size/speed with the smarts which you love at ILB position. Seeing as he's likely to be available in round 4-5 I pray to God the Browns realize his value. I think 5 years down the road he will undoubtedly be the "steal of the draft".

Oh and in 2014 he had an okay season I suppose. 163 tackles, 29 TFL, 14 sacks and 6 FF which arguably could be considered the best season by a LB in College Football history. His exact quote is "Put me in sweats and ask me to run in circles around cones, and I’ll do an okay job. But put me in pads and ask me to lead your defense, and there’s a lot of evidence that I can help you win." This is the type of dude the Browns need.

Sounds like they are saying that Ohio St. players are overvalued.

But then I have to ask this question: What fucking expertise do gambling touts have when it comes to player talent evaluation?

Answer....about as much expertise as the last fart that came out of my ass has.

These are my favorites.

Corey Coleman

Karl Joseph

Josh Doctson

Myles Killebrew

Scooby Wright III

Willie Henry

Moritz Boehringer

A couple offensive lineman that will be good for us- Westerman, McGovern and Jack.

DeAndre Houston-Carson (FS, William and Mary)​

This kid would be a great pick. I had him in one of my way too early stupid mock drafts...

DeAndre Houston-Carson (FS, William and Mary)​

This kid would be a great pick. I had him in one of my way too early stupid mock drafts...

Pretty sure I drafted him in our board's mock, when I got down to that range in the CBS/NFL big boards and started reading about him, I liked what I saw.

• Jake Rudock (QB, Michigan)

Who's this guy?

That School Up North isn't going to slip another Tom Brady past us after we grab another Sprergon Wynn are they?

Zombo

Who's this guy?

That School Up North isn't going to slip another Tom Brady past us after we grab another Sprergon Wynn are they?

Zombo

"Does not have a huge arm and will not take many shots down the field"

This was in the 'positives' section of the review. Pass. Looks like another Connor Hoyer.

"Does not have a huge arm and will not take many shots down the field"

Just to fuel Z's paranoia...

Isn't that what they said about Brady?

Just to fuel Z's paranoia...

Isn't that what they said about Brady?

Here is Tom Brady scouting report.

His positive was that he had "a little Brian Griese in him"

Negatives: "not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility"

Notes: Baseball catcher and football quarterback in high school who was drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 18th round of the June 1995 baseball draft. Opted for football and redshirted at Michigan in '95. Saw limited action in '96 and '97 and started the past two years. Completed 3 of 5 passes for 26 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in '96, 12-15-103-0-0 in '97, 214-350-2,636-15-12 in '98 and 180-295-2,216-16-6 in '99, when he often shared time with super sophomore Drew Henson. Went all the way against Alabama in the Orange Bowl and completed 34-46-369-4. Unlike many Michigan quarterbacks, Brady is a pocket-type passer who plays best in a dropback-type system.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/anyone-got-tom-bradys-pre-draft-scouting-report.77495994/

3 OSU players overvalued and 2 Michigan players as sleepers? Hmmmm

Next year Michigan will have a large group coming into the draft. 2-4 1st round picks. Hopefully Harbaugh keeps them coming.

I think Lee can be pretty good though. The new prototypical NFL LB.

Rudock completely turned it around by the end of the year with Harbaugh coaching. I think he'd be worth a very late pick and he could be a good, long term backup. Any questions about him?

Rudock completely turned it around by the end of the year with Harbaugh coaching. I think he'd be worth a very late pick and he could be a good, long term backup. Any questions about him?

Was it his fault that Michigan had to punt?

Did he cry when they fumbled?

I watched some Michigan last year and he's not memorable. The last QB I remember was when they were playing that black defensive end at QB.

Zombo

No. It was no ones fault.

Idk. I was there though and I felt physically ill.

Early in the year he was bad to average (he had only been on campus for a few weeks). Later in the year he was good. Not going to wow anyone, but smart. Game manager with more mobility than you'd think. He'd be a good locker room guy and could be a good backup.

He was a black slot WR / HB, not a DB. And he was fantastic.

He was a black slot WR / HB, not a DB. And he was fantastic.

BTW. I think we are talking about two different guys here. He looked like a defensive lineman and wore 95 or something, but he was playing QB.

Zombo

One more question:

It has probably already been asked, but ... Is this guy you?

nooomichigan.0.gif

No, I wear contacts.

But I was probably just emotionless on the outside. A shell. I didn't know how to react... I didn't know what just happened.

And then a few weeks later something similar happened to the browns. All I could do there was laugh

BTW. I think we are talking about two different guys here. He looked like a defensive lineman and wore 95 or something, but he was playing QB.

Zombo

Oooohhhh. I'm talking about Denard Robinson, current HB on the Jags.

You're talking about Devin Gardner. He wore #98 as a "Legacy Jersey" (dumb and we got rid of them). He can in as one of the top dual threat QBs in the country....

... He changed positions twice, had two HCs, 3 OCs and got absolutely destroyed behind our worst OL probably ever. We broke him. He's a great person, volunteers, etc..... But we straight up broke him.

3 OSU players overvalued and 2 Michigan players as sleepers? Hmmmm

Yea, like I said, these gambling touts don't know shit from sherlock from shinola.

Next year Michigan will have a large group coming into the draft. 2-4 1st round picks. Hopefully Harbaugh keeps them coming.

You wanna give us some of those names?

I think Lee can be pretty good though. The new prototypical NFL LB.

UDFA, practice squad guy. Could develop into backup though.

No, I wear contacts.

But I was probably just emotionless on the outside. A shell. I didn't know how to react... I didn't know what just happened.

And then a few weeks later something similar happened to the browns. All I could do there was laugh

I would have thought that you may have just shot yourself. But yea, typical Browns this day and age to mimic TUN.

I just hit a button and somehow just erased a 20 minutes of typing and research and replying to your concerns Gip... I quit.

The two I'd consider locks

J. Lewis - CB (could be the best CB in the draft)

J. Butt - TE (could be the best TE in the draft)

The two that could be there

J. Peppers - DB/LB (he'd have to declare early. It also depends on his performance this year at a "new" position. But he has all of the physical tools and is a dark horse Heisman candidate)

C. Wormley - DL (very good year last year, came back this year. If he can build on that success he might make it)

The two I'd consider locks

J. Lewis - CB (could be the best CB in the draft)

J. Butt - TE (could be the best TE in the draft)

The two that could be there

J. Peppers - DB/LB (he'd have to declare early. It also depends on his performance this year at a "new" position. But he has all of the physical tools and is a dark horse Heisman candidate)

C. Wormley - DL (very good year last year, came back this year. If he can build on that success he might make it)

When did this become a Michigan thread? And isn't Peppers still in high school? Getting ahead of ourselves a bit?

It became a Michigan thread when others engaged in conversation with me about Michigan things.

Peppers won B1G Freshman of the year last year and is going into his So(RS) season

OK, well, it is still premature to talk about him in terms of a draft thread. He has to play 2 more years, no?

Remember, Gipper sets the rules on what we can talk about chaps.

No, but I just didn't realize that we were already on to the 2018 draft discussions.....but since you ask, here you go:

http://www.fueledbysports.com/2018-nfl-mock-draft/

They have the Dallas Cowboys with the #1 overall pick....taking Josh Rosen ,and the Bengals to win the 2017 Super Bowl.

Archived