THE BROWNS BOARD

Back from the game...

CIMO.

Disgusting loss once again but I'll just say...

this Rangers offense is really good. I'm all Tribe during the offseason so I got pretty pumped about how deep our lineup is...but when you see a lineup like Texas with incredible power, pretty good contact and multiple 40 steal calibur players, it can be pretty depressing. We have a bunch of guys who can hit 20 homers but when about 7 of our guys can't get from first to third or even from second home...with a pretty useless cleanup hitter and a crutch in Cabrera...I don't know, a team like Texas really puts your offense into perspective. The fact that they've outpitched us so far (while Hamilton and Davis have been quiet) adds to the disgust.

But hope isn't lost. We won't be facing lineups like that every day and I still have confidence in Lee and Fausto to have good years. Our offense should still be good but changes have to (and hopefully, will) be made. Get Hafner out of the 4 hole. I guess you can't really drop Cabrera lower than 9. Keep LaPorta and Brantley on speed dial.

And I'm a terrible writer, so just to make sure...this is an optimistic post, mainly for myself after sitting through these two clunkers. Nowhere to go but up.

Disgusting loss once again but I'll just say...

this Rangers offense is really good. I'm all Tribe during the offseason so I got pretty pumped about how deep our lineup is...but when you see a lineup like Texas with incredible power, pretty good contact and multiple 40 steal calibur players, it can be pretty depressing. We have a bunch of guys who can hit 20 homers but when about 7 of our guys can't get from first to third or even from second home...with a pretty useless cleanup hitter and a crutch in Cabrera...I don't know, a team like Texas really puts your offense into perspective. The fact that they've outpitched us so far (while Hamilton and Davis have been quiet) adds to the disgust.

But hope isn't lost. We won't be facing lineups like that every day and I still have confidence in Lee and Fausto to have good years. Our offense should still be good but changes have to (and hopefully, will) be made. Get Hafner out of the 4 hole. I guess you can't really drop Cabrera lower than 9. Keep LaPorta and Brantley on speed dial.

And I'm a terrible writer, so just to make sure...this is an optimistic post, mainly for myself after sitting through these two clunkers. Nowhere to go but up.

these two games hurt when because they are the first games of a season with big hopes, but they do not matter as much as you think. the indians will find a groove and all will be ok. these are only 2 games. there are 160 left. there's no reason to believe that they won't go 160-2 ;)

Archived