THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillary Clinton's Record

bbedward

On TPP:

"This TPP sets the gold standard in trade agreements"- 2012

She’s also taken a leading part in drafting the Trans-Pacific Partnership- 2013

But wait...

Hillary Clinton Opposes [...] Trans-Pacific Trade Deal- 2015

On North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

Clinton [praised] corporations for mounting “a very effective business effort in the U.S. on behalf of NAFTA.- 1998

Another source

"I think everybody is in favor of free and fair trade. I think NAFTA is proving its worth"- 1996

However

"NAFTA was a mistake"- 2007

On Colombia Free Trade Agreement

Clinton reiterates opposition to Colombia trade pact- 2008

Until

as secretary of state, Clinton was personally lobbying Democratic members of Congress to support the deal- 2011

On Raising Payroll/Social security Taxes

"I'm certainly against [...] lift(ing) the cap on the payroll tax"- 2008

But wait...

[Clinton would] be open to a Social Security tax increase- 2015

On Assad

"Many of the members of Congress [...] have said they believe he's a reformer"- 2011

Until

"Assad was the principle threat, because his bombarding, and his ruthless behavior toward his own people, was going to create more terrorists- 2015

On lifting Cuba embargo

"I’m not ready to vote to lift the embargo."- 2000

Clinton said now is "not the time to consider wholesale or broad changes to our Cuba policy."- 2008

However

Cuba embargo is a "failed policy"- 2014

On the Keystone XL Pipeline

Clinton was seen as initially favoring construction of the pipeline- 2010

Until

"I oppose [the pipeline] because I don’t think, I don’t think it’s in the best interest of what we need to do to combat climate change."- 2015

On Deportation of Illegal Immigrants

Clinton is "adamantly against illegal immigrants."- 2003

But wait...

She has advocated an immigration policy that would go further [...] to shield some illegal immigrants from deportation- 2015

On Driver's Licenses for Illegal Immigrants

Clinton now Against Licenses for Illegal Immigrants- 2007

However

This time, Hillary Clinton supports giving driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants- 2015

On Federal Gun Control

Blanket rules set by the federal government on guns "doesn't make sense."- 2008

Another source- 2008

Until

Clinton proposes using executive action as president to expand background check requirements- 2015

On Gun Ownership and Culture

Gun ownership, hunting "part of culture. It’s part of a way of life."- 2008

But wait!

Clinton said Tuesday that gun culture in the U.S. has become "way out of balance."- 2014

On Gay Marriage

"Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time, and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman"- 2000

Marriage is "a sacred bond between a man and a woman."- 2004

In response to a question about whether marriage should be made legally available to two committed adults of the same sex, Clinton marked that she was "opposed"- 2007

However

After leaving her position as secretary of state, she announced her support for same-sex marriage- 2013

On Mass Incarceration and Minimum Sentences

[Clinton] explicitly attacked then-competitor Senator Barack Obama for being soft on crime. After the Iowa primary, her campaign said Obama's opposition to mandatory minimum prison sentences was an example of his out-of-touch liberalism- 2008

Until

[Clinton wants to] End the era of mass incarceration, reform mandatory minimum sentences- 2015

On the Coal Industry

"...we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business"- March, 2016

But wait...

"I’ve been talking about helping coal country for a very long time"- May, 2016

she says she wants to see coal "continued to be sold and continued to be mined."- May, 2016

On Her Political Leanings

"You know, I get accused of being kind of moderate and center," Clinton told the audience at a Women for Hillary event in Ohio. "I plead guilty."- September, 2015

However

"I’m A Progressive"- October, 2015

On No Child Left Behind

Votes for No Child Left Behind- 2001

Until

Hillary Clinton talks negatively about NCLB, wants to replace it- 2015

On Ethanol Mandates

Hillary Clinton against ethanol mandates, 'voted against ethanol 17 times'- 2000 - 2007

But wait!

Clinton stressed the importance of the corn-based energy product, saying the U.S. needed to work on "limiting our dependence on foreign oil. And we have a perfect example right here [...] with all of the ethanol that’s being produced here."

On Flip Flopping

Some people might say a person's opinion on topics changing throughout the years is understandable. Hindsight can allow for reflection and new knowledge or public opinion can help shape a new position on a topic.

Except that

"I have been very consistent," Clinton said, arguing her unyielding fealty to "the same values and principles" over her entire life.- 2015

Apparently it's possible to flip flop on many, many topics but yet also be consistent and stick to the same values and principles throughout one's life.

---

I saw this on reddit and thought it was worth posting here.

even jane "the traitor" fonda had a few redeeming qualitys as a "human being"...

higgardly has none. How anyone can be in her camp.... I just don't get it....at all.

I'll just say this. Firstly, I disdain Hillary just as much as I abhor Trump. However, with that being said posting stuff about she changed positions on matters isn't really more than "meh" for me. If you look up ANY politician with longer standing, even a dude like Bernie, you could dig up pretty easily multiple occasions where they formally changed their views. That's just how it goes when it amounts to pandering for votes based on the flavor of the people at the time.

I'll just say this. Firstly, I disdain Hillary just as much as I abhor Trump. However, with that being said posting stuff about she changed positions on matters isn't really more than "meh" for me. If you look up ANY politician with longer standing, even a dude like Bernie, you could dig up pretty easily multiple occasions where they formally changed their views. That's just how it goes when it amounts to pandering for votes based on the flavor of the people at the time.

I'd say flip flopping isn't a big deal, but Hillary is running as a far left progressive when a few years ago she was a moderate.

I'm looking forward to Trump grilling her about the TPP in particular.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-15-at-11.00.50-AM.jp

Archived