THE BROWNS BOARD

This Year's Draft Busts

With the draft coming up and all of reminiscing about past NFL draft busts, I thought it would be fun to speculate about who we thought would be this year's biggest busts. I personally think that both quarterbacks could be busts because they aren't ready for the NFL. Believe it or not, I also think that Curry could be a bust because he is going to play a position that he is not used to. At the same time however, I wouldn't be surprised to see Curry become an absolute beast after a few seasons.

Guest 88fingerslewy

1/ Andre Smith-

reminds me of that big tackle Buff. drafted a few yrs ago Mike Williams. Eating #1 Football #2

Bad shape= bad longevity

2/ Orakpo-

nobody can bench 550 by natural means. In other words the dude's used "Hamburger Helper." And lots of it by the looks of him. Juice pigs don't usually have good luck with their ligaments and tendons holding up over time either.

Artificial muscle= bad longevity

Orakpo-

nobody can bench 550 by natural means. In other words the dude's used "Hamburger Helper." And lots of it by the looks of him. Juice pigs don't usually have good luck with their ligaments and tendons holding up over time either.

How long can he touch his toes before he has to bend his knees?

Many around here dont think to highly of lauranitis, He will be playing somewhere for along time as a starter, this guy understands the game.

I have been thinking crabtree for a while...i tend to see him as a sprinting injury that may not hold up well to nfl safetys and corners...

Wells if he can avoid injury will be ok but...

rey rey may prove to be nothing in the nfl but a situational player..

1.Crabtree

2.Wells

3.Maualuga

3.Maualuga

agreed. he may be productive but won't live up to the ridiculous hype. or maybe the media has overinflated his value and coaches/staff have him rated lower. regardless i'm not overly impressed. he may be a man among boys in college, but this is the pros. he'll need to completely overhaul a lot of his game.

Andre Smith is another good one. much too soft in his core (his torso, not his character) for my liking--that's vital for tackles.

How long can he touch his toes before he has to bend his knees?

Many around here dont think to highly of lauranitis, He will be playing somewhere for along time as a starter, this guy understands the game.

I had to take my mom to the doctors the other day and caught an 08 SI USC/ OSU showdown issue. Chris Spielman talked about Rey and Little Animal both, said Lauranitis is a smart kid that can qb a defense and is going to be just as, if not more, productive then Rey in the long haul, but just doesn't deliver the same bone jarring hits. Cris also said Lauranitis reminds him of himself, always working harder to improve.

So basically, Cris said both were going to be good ilbs for years, Rey was going to make the big hits and highlight reals, Little Animal would wind up playing a Spielman type career.

The way I look at it, if you're defense is going to be scheme heavy, then you take the smarter guys (NE). If you're going to rely on athleticism and relentless attacking you take the better athletes (Steelers).

1. A. Smith - Will end up a RT because will put more time at the buffet table then the weight room.

2. Clay III - overhyped, part time WSLB

3. E. Brown - If he is selected by a 3-4 team. Might be a star as a 4-3 DE.

4. Percy Harvin - overhyped situational back

1/ Andre Smith-

reminds me of that big tackle Buff. drafted a few yrs ago Mike Williams. Eating #1 Football #2

Bad shape= bad longevity

2/ Orakpo-

And you know this how? Are you a some sort of power lifter? He passed the steroid tests at the combine and is a work out junkie. Why can't guys pound in the weight room without being accused of roiding?

And Clevelandfan4life GREAT prediction.... "Well he could be a bust or he could be a beast!" Thanks nostradamus.

Its not hard to pass a steriod test. Professional body builders, powerlifters, football players, and other athletes do it all the time.

You know when the Combine is going to be. You stop jucing two or three months before the combine, piss in the cup, you are good as gold. A guy on Steriods who benches 550lbs isn't going to Stop benching 550lbs because he is on an off cycle for a few months.

Steriod users cycle, on and off, all the time. If they didn't cycle they would destroy their natural balance of hormones, and suffer heart attacks by age 30..., like a lot of professional wrestlers and Steelers do.

No doubt Orakpo is taking steriods, but so is Vernon Gholston, so is Jamal Lewis, so is TO, Ryan Tucker, and probably 80% of the NFL.

Who cares? Its been happening for Decades, let them do what they want. If they don't get caught awesome, if they do, well its news for tomorrow's paper and will blow over. When I'm paying a few hundred bucks for a couple of Browns seats, I want to see the biggest, baddest, fastest athletes I can.

Guest 88fingerslewy
And you know this how? Are you a some sort of power lifter?
Yes I was and still am. That kind of freakish strength says injury to me.

Anyone we draft with the pick we get for Braylon Edwards... if we trade him... Huge mistake if we don't re-sign him now.

What makes you think he would want to resign with the Browns. You take a lot for granted, it takes two to sign a contract. If he was willing to resign now this would most likely be a non-issue.

Yes I was and still am. That kind of freakish strength says injury to me.

I also worry about injuries with his extreme strength, but there are 2 I believe can be major busts.....Harvin & E Brown. I could be wrong, & if the Browns draft 'em, I HOPE I'm wrong..................interesting post, but once again, "We'll see".

Mike

What makes you think he would want to resign with the Browns. You take a lot for granted, it takes two to sign a contract. If he was willing to resign now this would most likely be a non-issue.

Have you confirmed that an offer has been made? I've heard nothing of talks with his agent.

Stafford will be a bust. No way I pay him top money. Wells is going to be a stud in this league, write it down!

I share your thoughts on Wells. He may end up being a GREAT bargain in this draft. We'll see where he goes.

Mike

Archived