THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump versus Biden?

What if Clinton gets indicted over the emails and is forced to get out of the race? Will Sanders by default get the nomination or will the dems try to parachute in Joe Biden? Biden just this week said he would have been the best person for the presidency. I have heard some others like Boehner floating the idea that if Clinton gets indicted the dems may go with Biden over Sanders. I'm betting if that happens the Dems convention could be even more interesting than the republicans. Sanders supporters would not take kindly to it.

If Clinton was indicted I think Sanders would get enough delegates for the majority - pledged ones might have rules that let them switch, same with super delegates that would all go to Sanders.

If they somehow snatched it away from Bernie and gave it to Biden, I think a huge portion of the electorate would be turned off - including many of the old women supporting Clinton. They may see record lows for turnout in the general.

It's only a guess but I would assume that the Democrats would never let Hillary go down. If by some chance that happened I put my money on a brokered convention and Joe Biden being the nominee.

I would be more wary of a Joe Biden candidacy than a Hillary Clinton one.

WSS

I can't see it. When Hillary wins, Bernie supporters will be upset of course, but they will understand that it is simply the democratic process at work. They'll get over it and most will end up voting for Hillary because she's not trump.

If they shoehorn Biden or anyone else in, then there'd be outrage - like when there was talk of trump being screwed over the other side. It would guarantee that you alienate a bloc of voters for probably the next few cycles at least.

I can't see it. When Hillary wins, Bernie supporters will be upset of course, but they will understand that it is simply the democratic process at work. They'll get over it and most will end up voting for Hillary because she's not trump.

A good portion will go for Trump, a ton of them will stay home.

Bernie has a shitton of support from people who have never been involved in the political process or who are young - you better bet those people won't fall in line with Hillary, most will stay home on election day. A lot of them also believe voter fraud has occurred and the process is not fair (which it really isn't) - they aren't going to fall in line with Hillary that much I can tell you.

You're not completely wrong and I'd be interested in that demographic but unfortunately we can't know that.

Still, I have a hard time believing Bernie supporters - who themselves tend to be single issue voters even if he's not single issue - would go for trump, when he's on the other side of so many of those issues.

If Hillary Clinton is indicted how does she continue at that point? And if there is a brokered convention I could see a wing of the democratic party trying to parachute in Biden. I think it would cause big time trouble with Sanders supporters but that may not stop them from trying it if they think Biden gives them the best chance to win in November.

Chris I don't see Bernie Sanders followers turning to Trump I see them staying home. A great deal of them are kids and kids don't usually vote in that big of numbers.

Donald Trump supporters are a different breed as well and I wouldn't imagine they would turn out to vote for Ted Cruz if he got the nod.

Joe Biden is the candidate for the general election, not for the party regulars.

Still I bet there are plenty of people who would like to see John Kasich vs. Joe Biden.

WSS

Enough has come out with Clinton's emails already that she should be indicted IMO. I hear some try to say there was no criminal intent on her part but that is not how the law reads in regards to criminal negligence. I think there is no doubt she put our national security at risk with those unsecured emails.

Kremlin Has Hillary’s Emails Russia has 20,000 emails stolen from her secret home server

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/kremlin-has-hillary-emails/

You're not completely wrong and I'd be interested in that demographic but unfortunately we can't know that.

Still, I have a hard time believing Bernie supporters - who themselves tend to be single issue voters even if he's not single issue - would go for trump, when he's on the other side of so many of those issues.

Well, one of their biggest issues is campaign finance reform and corruption. That's also Bernie's biggest talking point. Is Hillary the one to do anything about it?

They're also big on single payer health care, which Trump once was/kind of still is (still favors private system, but has said everybody needs to be covered no matter what it costs). Hillary has already said that she's against single payer as it wouldn't work here (she used to be for it, but now she isn't)

And big on student loan/college tuition reform. Trump has said that the government will no longer profit on student loans - "that's one thing the government shouldn't profit from"

Trump opposes any cuts to medicare or social security, unlike every other republican.

I know the UK and US media are cucked and biased and don't talk about those things, but democrats/independents/republicans are all going to vote for Trump - he's going to win the general election in a landslide because he appeals to working class people unlike the rest of the republicans.

They kind that won't getting line for Hillary will be the ultra lefties, who are after massive taxes and wealth redistribution, minimum wage hikes things like that.

Trump is the quintessential capitalist - inherited lots of money, made lots of money, etc etc

They kind that won't getting line for Hillary will be the ultra lefties, who are after massive taxes and wealth redistribution, minimum wage hikes things like that.

Trump is the quintessential capitalist - inherited lots of money, made lots of money, etc etc

Hillary is also a quintessential crony capitalist.

She's going to get the lefties,but she's not going to get all the people new to the political sphere and attending Bernie rallies by the tens of thousands.

Clinton Was Never Intended to Be the Democrat Nominee

Former speaker of the House John Boehner recently spoke ill of fellow Republican Ted Cruz in a Q&A at Stanford University. His comments likening the candidate to "Lucifer in the flesh" got all the media attention, leaving this virtually unreported:

Boehner's comments also included a reference to the ongoing FBI investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server while she was at the State Department, speculating on what might happen if the scandal widens.

"Don't be shocked … if two weeks before the convention, here comes Joe Biden parachuting in and Barack Obama fanning the flames to make it all happen," the former speaker said.

Here is my reasoning: realizing that the evidence against her could rise to the level of treason, Secretary Clinton has struck a bargain with the Obama White House that in return for bowing out at or near the convention, she will receive a full pardon in order to ensure that she will never see the inside of a prison cell.

She takes the slings and arrows, exhausting the opposition research budgets of Republican campaigns, leaving V.P. Biden and Sen. Warren largely immune from scrutiny during these long months of primaries and caucuses.

By the time she begs off the nomination, citing medical issues, the Republicans will have barely three months to investigate and counter the actual nominees, Biden and Warren.

Those among the electorate who are itching to make history with a female president will believe themselves to be doing precisely that by voting for a Biden/Warren ticket, albeit with a four-year "on-the-job training" period.

Elizabeth Warren is easily as "progressive" as Clinton (likely having more in common with Bernie Sanders) but doesn't carry the ethical corruption baggage that engulfs the wife of Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend.

Joe Biden doesn't carry the intellectual heft necessary to attain the presidency as a stand-alone candidate, but teamed with a soon to be historical figure in Warren, his star shines far more brightly.

Clinton avoids prison and walks away with hundreds of millions in campaign donations. Obama gets a third term via Biden, and Democrats everywhere get to gush about their tolerance and forward thinking by electing the first female vice president/president in waiting.

Republicans are caught on their heels, holding years of now worthless Clinton research while having virtually no contemporary files on their actual opponents.

Whenever Democrats accuse Republicans of some shady malfeasance, rest assured that it is they who are engaged in precisely the crime they allege. Given the left-wing media narrative of stolen nominations and convention chicanery, it is more than plausible that the scenario outlined above is something more than pure speculation.

By mid-summer, we will all know if I'm right. I first posited this scenario when Secretary Clinton announced her candidacy.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/05/clinton_was_never_intended_to_be_the_democrat_nominee.html

It was Clinton's turn, nobody reasonable in party leadership would have suggested to push somebody with so much baggage - but it's her turn so they did anyway.

They'll regret it in November, but it's their own doing they decided she was going to be the nominee in 2016 a long time ago.

Enough has come out with Clinton's emails already that she should be indicted IMO. I hear some try to say there was no criminal intent on her part but that is not how the law reads in regards to criminal negligence. I think there is no doubt she put our national security at risk with those unsecured emails.

Kremlin Has Hillary’s Emails Russia has 20,000 emails stolen from her secret home server

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/kremlin-has-hillary-emails/

Freaking dangerous and unbelievable. Selling our country down the river....

"never let a crisis go to waste"

Archived